Alright when was that again.....?

gettyimages-863073874-1024x1024.jpg

I see. Yes. Right away.

Last edited:
I would love George Russell to get his chance in fairness.

He's made some mistakes this year but the Williams is a tough car anyway.

Would be good to see how he goes, also it's a layout that no one really knows so a level playing field from that point of view.

But yes I think @Bram Hengeveld is right, Stoffel is the main logical choice.

Lewis Hamilton will miss the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix this weekend, leaving World Champions Mercedes with a driver headache ahead of the penultimate round of the season.
  • Hamilton tests positive for Covid-19.
  • World Champion to miss at least upcoming Grand Prix.
  • Mercedes yet to announce replacement driver.
Lewis Hamilton has tested positive for Covid-19, and will miss at least the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix as his World Championship winning team race to find a replacement driver alongside Valterri Bottas ahead of Formula One's first visit to the out perimeter circuit in Bahrain.

View attachment 423624

Fortunately for both Hamilton and his Mercedes team, the unstoppable combination have already wrapped up both team and drivers championships for 2020, but with Sakhir and the upcoming Abu Dhabi Grand Prix still to run this season, who will the Silver Arrows slot into the seven-time World Champion's seat ready for running to commence on Friday morning?

Mercedes has former McLaren driver and current Formula E regular Stoffel Vandoorne on call as reserve, however the Belgian hasn't spent much time in Formula One machinery of late, leaving the tantalizing prospect of potentially calling up Grand Prix racing super-sub Nico Hulkenberg, or promoting Mercedes contracted junior driver, and current Williams racer, George Russell into Hamilton's vacated seat - potential giving the British driver his first points scoring opportunity, in a car capable of taking the race win!

Put yourself in the shoes of Mercedes, who would you pick to replace Hamilton?

For Formula One news and chat, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and get chatting with your fellow fans today!

View attachment 423623
Please Nico Hulkenberg

Nico vote here.
You're delusional if you think Lewis is scared after Romains crash, he's not, he's said so himself.
Secondly, you must not pay attention to how Lewis' contracts / extensions work. They're publicly made after the season's been completed.
A) Lewis is never leaving Merc and B) Lewis has said he wants to still be driving when the new cars arrive in 2022.
So no, Sundays accident wasn't and never was "to much for him".
Amazing you know exactly what's on Hamilton's mind :)
It's was a very heavy year for everyone... it's not unthinkable that Lewis could use a break... Not that he is scared, but he is a phylosophical person...
Let's agree we don't know :)

I voted for Russell as I'm really eager to see what he can do in a competitive car, but after crashing under safety car recently, I doubt that's happening. I like the Hulk, but he's had his time and he had many opportunities to get a podium and didn't deliver.

I think whoever is chosen will be kept at bay by Mercedes. Should a substitute win by mistake, Lewis would be discredited for his every success. To be clear, I think he deserves all his achievements, but it must be recognized that the car is superior to all the others and by a lot. Already with Russell I would not be surprised at a good result (if not a victory)

Whomever takes the seat, and inevitably doesn't do well as well as Hamilton, we'll see a spate of "see it's not the car" statements online.....and I will laugh.

Please note I'm typing all of this while laughing because these silly arguments are neverending...

So in short:
If the sub wins, Hamilton sucks?
If the sub loses, Merc held him back, thus Hamilton sucks?

Is their any scenario where Hamilton is a amazing driver AND other drivers can be great too? It never ends with some of you...YES, THE CAR MATTERS, everyone with half a brain knows this...but likewise, no legendary driver could win in a Toleman or Minardi or current-gen Williams...What. Is. The. Point? Superior cars win races? Holy spoiler alert, Batman!

By the way, Barichello won races alongside Schumi on pure pace, but he isn't considered a legend and Schumi isn't discredited and is still the GOAT of modern F1 to many...mainly because, from the way many of you describe it:
1) Schumacher built every Ferrari car painstakingly by hand, every nut and bolt crafted with a master artisan's touch "Tony Stark style". Anyone else privileged enough to subsequently work on the car was called in first to have his hands be blessed by "The Michael" before even looking at the car.
2) Meanwhile Hamilton sat on his behind all year long and contributed absolutely nothing to car development for the past 8 years. Sure.

Anyways, still waiting for Schumacher, along with Senna, Prost, Hakinnen, Alonso, Mansell, Clark, Fangio, etc etc etc to be discredited based on these strawman arguments focused solely on the car and nothing else...not even gonna quote the "Lewis is scared" guy...LOL what?!

Wishing both Hamilton and Grosjean a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

I voted for Russell as I'm really eager to see what he can do in a competitive car, but after crashing under safety car recently, I doubt that's happening. I like the Hulk, but he's had his time and he had many opportunities to get a podium and didn't deliver.

Please note I'm typing all of this while laughing because these silly arguments are neverending...

So in short:

Is their any scenario where Hamilton is a amazing driver AND other drivers can be great too? It never ends with some of you...YES, THE CAR MATTERS, everyone with half a brain knows this...but likewise, no legendary driver could win in a Toleman or Minardi or current-gen Williams...What. Is. The. Point? Superior cars win races? Holy spoiler alert, Batman!

By the way, Barichello won races alongside Schumi on pure pace, but he isn't considered a legend and Schumi isn't discredited and is still the GOAT of modern F1 to many...mainly because, from the way many of you describe it:
1) Schumacher built every Ferrari car painstakingly by hand, every nut and bolt crafted with a master artisan's touch "Tony Stark style". Anyone else privileged enough to subsequently work on the car was called in first to have his hands be blessed by "The Michael" before even looking at the car.
2) Meanwhile Hamilton sat on his behind all year long and contributed absolutely nothing to car development for the past 8 years. Sure.

Anyways, still waiting for Schumacher, along with Senna, Prost, Hakinnen, Alonso, Mansell, Clark, Fangio, etc etc etc to be discredited based on these strawman arguments focused solely on the car and nothing else...not even gonna quote the "Lewis is scared" guy...LOL what?!

Actually, during his Mercedes Stint between 2010 and 2012 Schumacher also was building a new engine from scratch, which would later be used in the 2014 WC-winning car. In addition to that, he sketched out several design ideas which were used in developing the following Mercedes cars. His sketch book was so big, that only at the end of last year they found an idea called 'DAS'. Hamilton was just lucky.

/s

Can Max get a seat, he could tell Horner and Marko: "I will drive Merc in next race, if I get Albon out of 107% in Q and in race I finish 2 laps ahead of Albon on pure pace I am off" :roflmao:

@BP just ignore some posts, most of people that discredit Hamilton are responding to those who actually say how Hamilton would get all titles in last 8 years driving in anything else. :roflmao: As for discrediting, I thought Schumacher is being discredit already, by some he actually almost doesn't have any titles. :roflmao: On serious note, in my personal opinion from your list (I have Schumacher as best that I watched, can't change that so I don't bother and I don't use it to not enjoy watching others race), but from whole list he is not close to Clark and Fangio (based on reading and watching some videos they will stay untouchable for me). That is just by looking at what driver does with what he has under him and in what circumstances, wihtout what-ifs.

So in short:

I didn't understand if you were referring to me with this message. I have only expressed my thoughts and therefore I can only thank you for this wonderful explanation on motorsport. From today I will look at it with better eyes thanks to you

I voted for the Hulk, he'd kill it for sure. But then I don't really understand why they're racing at Sakhir at all: Mercedes has the constructors WM, Lewis is driver WM, I mean, what's the point? Does anybody give a fck about the race in Sakhir anyway? Not me.
I won't be watching it ....unless the Hulk gets the drive :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back