AC F1 Formula Agile Championship 2023 Poll

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST UNDER THIS POLL, SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE!

• Track - skip

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Track - replace

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Format - one race

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Format - two sprints

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abecede

Premium
We are in the starting blocks for the championship of the year!
Formula Agile Championship 2023

following the real life F1 circus 2023

The races will take place every Thursday before the Formula 1 race starting with March 2nd, and we'll drive the awesome Formula Agile made by Jonas @jakoman3, and we'll also use lots of different liveries made by other people here, so we all have a "real" F1 feeling!

Some hurdles still have to be overcome, and for that, we'd like your input!
If you plan to attend this awesome championship, then please fill out the form above using the informations given below.

The Tracks
Not all tracks are legally available, so there is the question whether we skip these weeks (which may be almost half of the events), or replace them with something else.
If we do all races, then the worst five results of every racer will be ignored in the final standings, to accommodate real life stuff like holidays, sick days, etc.
If we skip the non-legal-tracks altogether, we'll find something in the same spirit - like one or two results dropped depending on the number of races we'll do.
Choose either "Track - skip" or "Track - replace" in the survey above.

The Format
Han @HF2000 and Markus @abecede have different opinions on the race format, and we'd love you racers to have the final say here.
Do you prefer one race in F1 style with a duration of 60 minutes and one pit stop? Or do you like a F3 style with two sprints of 25 minutes each (plus pit stop) with a short break of 10 minutes between them? The starting grid of the second race would be reversed from the result of the first race.
Han prefers the "one race" solution, because it's a proven format and is closer to the real Formula 1 thing.
Markus prefers the "two sprints" option, so people having a bad start in the first race won't be all alone for 60 minutes on the track. Also this would keep the field more together which might lead to more intense battles between cars.
Choose either "Format - one race" or "Format - two sprints" above.

Of course we'd love your opinion and also further ideas.
Reply to this thread for a lively discussion!

I heard that the tyre wear isn't enough to need a pitstop with tyre change in a sprint race... Well... AC has the option to have 150% tyre wear or even more! (hint, hint!)

I heard that the tyre wear isn't enough to need a pitstop with tyre change in a sprint race...
You have not been on Discord, have you??

That´s not what I heard.

Mandatory pitstops where a thing up till now because a certain Dutchman who will not be named here fudged the server settings untill his favorite shitbox was (sometimes) competitive :cautious:

As we doing F1 Sim I suggest free strategy, normal race length 60min, when there is is a Sprint irl 20min and 40min. Thats highly interesting for tyre/fuel strategy :D

And if you cock up and beach it you can work yourself back in a longer race :laugh:
MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Markus, count yourself lucky that we don´t insist on realism, say 2h races and the sprint additionally to that.

But I concede that this could lead to time problems and would get boring fast ( which also would add to the realism of F1 simming ;))

Also not everybody is on offseason like me right now and has the time to commit to relistic timing of the event. In the summer I won´t find the time either.

D3E24476-C718-45A9-A1F7-AEE477782EE0.jpeg

Okay folks, the poll will be closed in about 48 hours from now. At the moment it seems clear that we'll do all rounds of the F1 circus (some tracks on other circuits due to legal reasons).
But for the format it's 50-50 (hosts AND participants)...
Quite some dilemma. If it doesn't change, then I'll just flip a coin for each round, so we may have a different format each round.

Just put my vote in. I choose the 2 sprint races because I found that more "fun", but I'm not a formula driver at heart, so if more people want a more serious / real life like championship, I don't want to be the deciding vote that we all have to drive the rest of the year :speechless::roflmao:

Also if we go the route of replacing tracks we don't have, I'm not sure my schedule will be open for all the thursdays, so again, maybe don't count my vote as a full one? :p

Last edited:
After last night I've changed my vote for the 2x25 format.
I very much liked the reverse grid in the 2nd race. It guarantees that you will have some action. I wouldn't mind 2x30min though.

There are good reasons for both formats but over the years I always had more fun in the 2 race events.

It takes off some of the seriousness, that I'm lacking in general when racing :D
Not in a crash kiddo way! More like not pushing as hard and fighting as fiercely.

I have no idea how my weeks will be scheduled so I didn't sign up yet, but 2 sprints are definitely more intriguing for me :)

If you really want to go the way of the "attention deficit generation" with the "TikTok length" races we can remove the pitstop altogether as there is no tyre management necessary.

It feels very "Abarthy" to have to refuel after 20minutes when the car has the stamina to go for 40min. (and the driver should have it too;))

I still strongly advocate for 60min races with a 20/40min split if there is a sprint race irl.
(the sprint of course without pitstop)

I really enjoyed last night’s format and like Han, I originally voted for the full 60 minutes.
But after having fun coming through from the back in both races, I am also leaning towards the two race, reverse grid format.
However, I also like the idea of a long race to go some way to replicate the real thing and get the feel of achievement.
In the chat after the race some ideas were mentioned and the idea of alternating between a 60min one week and the 2x30 the next week is appealing.
Also as mentioned above by Carsten, a 20 min sprint + 40-45 or even 60 min feature race with reduced official practice and reduced qualifying time might be a compromise. (Well done on your strong performance Carsten).:thumbsup:
The reverse grid was fun though and whenever I have done this in the past it has provided loads of action.
So in summary I’d be happy with whatever is decided but to mix it up a bit is likely to provide some serious fun. Bring it on!:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back