Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

i have to speak out now, i am really getting fed up with people leaving these long races, it's getting beyond a joke IMO....you sign up and we expect you to race until the end, don't give up or and give up on hope.... really dissapoints me big time.

I do apologise for leaving the race, if i had had my problems midway through the race i would have continued but being a minute down on the leader after 3 laps would mean i would be getting lapped pretty soon knowing the pace you were all running at and didn't want to get in the way.

I've been looking forward to this race as the last 2 75% races I've entered I've disconnected after qualifying.

Ok
Q 1 could not but the lap togheter,so 3rd
R1
At start almost hit mr champoinship leader,hadto take diffrent line wich i did not want,so first corner kept my self middle of the corner did not wanted to hit nobody,someone hit me from back a little so i did hit somebody to ,after first corner was 4-5 place,then i picked up pace and followed others,3rd or 4th lap second and third place went wide and when they wher coming back to track i avoided crashing second place driver and spun my self to wall LOL,so after that i was last,pited and then after i drove my wheels off and was back at 4th,24 lap gotpenalty 20 seconds so ,that was that
But yeah it was very clean racing....

F1 2010 50% @ Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps - Fri June 17th 19:00GMT

f1flyer.png

*Date & Time Change*

GAMING PLATFORM

PC

START TIME

*Sunday 19th June 2011 @ 13:00 GMT*

RACE SETTINGS

Participation: Qualification and Race
Race Distance: 50%
Car Assignment: Player's Choice
Weather Setting: Dynamic
Track Selection: Spa-Francorchamps

SIMULATIONS SETTINGS

Rules and Flags: Realistic
Tyre Wear: On
Fuel Load Simulation: On
Car Damage: On
Car Performance: Equal
Collisions: Full

ASSIST RESTRICTIONS

Braking Assist:
Banned
ABS: Banned
Traction Control: Allowed
Dynamic Racing Line: Banned
Gearbox: Allowed
Pit Limiter: Restrict to Manual
Pit Box Control: Restrict to Manual

Forum name / Gamer Tag / Car Preference

1. Jonathan Rowland / EnticingToaster / McLaren
  2. Diego Lopez/ r3mxd / Ferrari
  3. Craig Whitmore / Exarduffman / Virgin
  4. Simon Rizzo / Rzzzzzz / Red Bull
  5. Justin Webley / Kaos909 / Lotus
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver

2nd in qualifying. Wasn't a good lap by me as i had a faster one before we restarted, i also wanted to save the tires.

I think i had a bad start (or it was lag as others have said) as i was hit from behind before i even moved, yet i somehow kept 2nd place through the first turn with nowhere to move but where the 2 cars beside me went. Next couple of corners i was trying not to hit Andric94 from behind (for some reason i was much faster through those corners) I cant remember when i got passed him but i did and so i was leading for most of the first lap. near the end of that lap i made a mistake which lost me 1st.

Was then fighting with Lindblom98 the next few laps with some very clean racing between us, until he went on the run off at turn 8 allowing me to carry on the racing line as normal until less than a second later at turn 9 lindblom98 hit me smack on at the side. (I think i gave you enough room to get round but i didn't see what angle you were at so i think that was a 50-50 call, so i have no problem with that.)

Think i was still 2nd with a gap between lindblom98. We're both evenly matched as it was always the same time between us at each sector.

Pitted lap nine.

Was on my own for the next 15 or so laps until i lost my front wing, pitted for a repair straight away allowing lindblom98 passed and putting options back on for myself. Caught lindblom98 within that lap but i had to serve a drive through for speeding in the pits :mad:

Coming out of the pits i was a couple seconds behind lindblom98 once again, but this time with the leader coming in to lap us. Somehow i got a penalty for not letting the leader passed!!!!!!! WTF.

I kept with him until i was with lindblom98 again but i locked my wheels and took him out. I went straight through the pits again to serve my penalty and so had to catch lindblom98 once again. Got passed him cleanly and he stayed a second or so behind me for the last 2 laps or so :)

Sorry for the long post but interesting race for me :)

Overall good race all and looking forward to the next race.

:DI've been doing too many races with no tyre or fuel sim on, and my pace was waaaay off there. Still, it was good fun, and although i was lapped bt the entire field, its given me quite a bit to learn from, which i will!

Hope that next time i get things off to a better start, and im going to do that by practing, now!:redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes