Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?
- 6/10 - Slightly better than Melbourne but nothing special.
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
- Not one of my stronger tracks so probably not well.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
- Maybe convert the double left in the middle sector into a more open sweeping left
4. In what way do you think you could improve the most as a driver?
- I'm not good in all departments, though I think my biggest issue is getting the power down out of slow speed corners
5. Favourite crisps flavour?
- Anything spicy

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?: Didn't attend

2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?: Hoping for a clean race, no damage, no spins and maybe some points

3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?: Not too sure, enjoy the flow of the track so wouldn't want to ruin it

4. In what way do you think you could improve the most as a driver?: Very hard to tell, I began racing on rFactor 11 years ago, I used to be one of the fastest drivers around the Codemasters F1 leagues between 2010-2013 but then didn't race on 2014 or 2015, I've been on and off with sim racing ever since Project Cars 1 in 2015, I was quite competitive in F1 2016 and only raced 3-4 races on F1 2017 before I quit due to work, I sort of feel out of touch with this new generation of F1 games and fast drivers, so I guess the only way I will get my speed back is do more and more races. Part of me just thinks this new generation is too quick for me, sort of like real F1 when older drivers lose their speed.

5. Favourite crisps flavour?: Jalapeno and Cheese

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

Most Poles: Connor Mcdonagh (2)
Most Wins: Alex Gerasimenko, Dawid Wisniewski, Will Murdoch (1)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug (2)

Drivers Standings (Top 3):
Connor Mcdonagh (Renault) - 48
2. Alex Gerasimenko (Ferrari) - 47
3. Dawid Wiśniewski (Renault) - 41

Constructors Standings (Top 3):
Renault - 89
2. Haas - 63
3. Ferrari - 47

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
4. What track(s) do you think would be best run in the reverse direction?

Notified Absences:
- Jani Keskinen (Alfa Romeo) - Brandon will reserve
- Martijn Boontje (Red Bull)

Reserves:
- Brandon Blais

Last edited:
1. How do you rate performance in the previous race?
10/10 didn't make a single mistake

Depends if it rains - pad might have to come out ;)

That double left hander, 9&10 I think? Just yeet it, I don't care how it's replaced.

4. In what way do you think you could improve the most as a driver?
Transferring pace from practice to the actual session is something I've always struggled with.

5. Favourite crisps flavour?
Salt & Vinegar - them flame-grilled steak McCoys get an honourable mention.

I'm going to pull out of my race seat and drop down to reserve, I'm sorry for wasting everyones time. I think I'll just stick to single player and try and work on my driving.

I don't think I have the skills anymore to drive at this level, I'm too slow and I keep spinning the car in the races ending up the back, there's no way I can even stick with anyone for a battle if I keep spinning.

It's great to see what this league has become since the days when we first started it, lots of quality drivers here, may it continue.

Sorry again for wasting a seat.

As I mentioned in the China Race Thread:

I'm going to pull out of my race seat and drop down to reserve, I'm sorry for wasting everyones time. I think I'll just stick to single player and try and work on my driving.

I don't think I have the skills anymore to drive at this level, I'm too slow and I keep spinning the car in the races ending up the back, there's no way I can even stick with anyone for a battle if I keep spinning.

It's great to see what this league has become since the days when we first started it, lots of quality drivers here, may it continue.

Sorry again for wasting a seat.

Good pace, big bottle.

Bottled quali, struggled to make an impression on the race up before the VSC penalty despite the pace. Penalty was tough to take as I was braking from green and it went to red very suddenly and ended instantly. Should've left more buffer for codies and their bullshit.

Nearly dragged the points back out of it but errrrr I'm not sure what happened with martijn. Gained 5 seconds in 4 laps to then have to experience exceptionally aggressive defending, to the point he spun trying to keep it side by side keeping his nose in at turn 8. I don't think I did anything wrong whatsoever, and struggle to see why we're fighting so hard over P13 but hey ho. Apparently he was pissed as he almost seemed to slow down for me on the last lap and cause a collision? o_0

Don't want to make accusations because it makes no impact for me, but only real moment of the race to focus on. If I did wrong then so be it and I'll apologies, but unsure really.

Managed to fend off Hasnain and catch up to superscrub. Bottled the overtake and the fastest lap by a tenth, and then the tyres seemed to fade so I just pit for the fastest lap to stat pad.

Congrats to will. Great race. Shame I couldn't be up there but overdue that my run ended really xD

See you next week lads

- Made a setup change before quali... WRONG!
(Wouldn't have mattered. I'd have still been last or somewhere near it)
- Had ZERO confidence in the car during Quali... start P-ButtF*ckNowhere.
- Four of us get brake checked in T1 on the FORMATION LAP! Start with cold tyres.
- Apparently driving the Carousel is hard for some people... wing torn off.
- Went as far as I could with it, hoping to make SOMETHING up. Nope.
- Got into a bit of a cluster with about 5 other cars. Couldn't even fight that.

- No pace to even catch an AI car... or get fastest lap.

Remind me again why I'm bothering here?

Pace was a lot better then in Bahrain, but my inability to overtake cost me dearly this race, although Brandon deliberately just being annoying. At least i got up to 4th and with one more lap i could have got Shellay, but it is what it is.

Interestingly my pace improved a lot as the race went on, on the fresh tyres i struggled a bit, which is the complete opposite to bahrain

GG to Will, Connor and Shellay, especially Will was mega quick in the race so very deserved win.

Zandvoort will be a big question mark pace wise so could expect some surprises there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%