Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
Not too bad, pace wasn't great on the Hards and that cost me the chance of getting some decent points.
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
Always hard to tell when its a new track, quali will be vital so probably not too well.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
There's an awful kerb in the middle sector somewhere than needs removing
4. What track(s) do you think would be best run in the reverse direction?
Monaco
5. Who do you think will win the Indy 500 this weekend?
I don't know a single driver other than Alonso so don't have a clue

Chinese GP Results:
1. Daniel Newcombe - 12
2. Ben Goldie - 12
3. Jake Taylor - 9
4. Cian Geraghty - 9
5. Alex Gerasimenko - 7
6. Michael Fleming - 7
7. Dawid Wiśniewski - 6
8. Martijn Boontje - 6
9. Connor Mcdonagh - 5
10. Hasnain Aslam - 5

Dan takes the win on countback (highest correct finishing position) ahead of Ben with Jake edging out Cian for 3rd.
Here's how everyone predicted:
Predictions R3.png

Standings after Round 3:
1. Cian Geraghty - 27
2. Daniel Newcombe - 23
3. Jake Taylor - 20
4. Ben Goldie - 19
5. Dawid Wiśniewski - 18
6. Connor Mcdonagh - 18
7. Alex Gerasimenko - 15
8. Martijn Boontje - 14
9. Hasnain Aslam - 13
10. Michael Fleming - 11
11. Luke Cage - 1

Cian holds on to his Championship lead with Dan and Jake jumping up to the podium spots

1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
- 7/10 - The most comfortable I've been in the car all season but should've been more ambitious during the race.
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
- Not great, just hoping to get to the end.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
- Haven't driven it enough to say.
4. What track(s) do you think would be best run in the reverse direction?
- Sochi couldn't be much worse.
5. Who do you think will win the Indy 500 this weekend?
- Ericsson ftw, but I'd say it'll be Rossi.

1. Pretty damn bad. Had the pace to get pole and control it on another day, but got in late from work and didn't find the rhythm needed. Bottled quali and then got an unfortunate penalty. Pace on the hard stint was insane so at least that's something.

2. No expectations tbh. Pace seems ok, but will be late in from work again. At zandvoort think that'll play a big factor so anything will be a bonus, will be a fun race with no pressure.

3. Laser scan it Codemasters it's an atrocity

4. Monaco

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Race Stream:
Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

S12 Pole: Mitchell Haverlag (1:18.054)

S12 Podium:
Mitchell Haverlag
2. Alex Gerasimenko
3. Ben Goldie

S12 Fastest Lap: Connor Mcdonagh (1:20.063)

Most Poles: Connor Mcdonagh (2)
Most Wins: Alex Gerasimenko, Dawid Wisniewski, Will Murdoch, Michael Fleming (1)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug (2)

Drivers Standings (Top 3):
Ben Goldie (Haas) - 54
2. Michael Fleming (Haas) - 52
3. Dawid Wisniewski (Renault) - 51

Constructors Standings (Top 3):
Haas - 106
2. Renault - 99
3. Ferrari - 47

Notified Absences:

Reserves:

- Brandon Blais
- Toni Sokolov

Last edited:
So yeah... blocked in Quali at pit exit by an Alfa that wouldn't ghost, and a DNF in the race for good measure.
Got a clean start this time at least.

Even made it 6 laps without damage, only to be pushed off the track by @Sjorsvdbrug out of T8... spat back across and torpedo the barrier.

Nothing I could do about it either. Couldn't have backed out, because we were literally connected and if I had tried, chances are we were both out.

Actually had some decent enough f*cking pace for once.

Much more of this bullshit and I'm out. Honestly.

Q: 13th

Got home late from work so thought I'd go for an interesting route in quali on low sweat. Did a mediums lap mid session, with the intention of only doing a softs lap if I could get a front row start. Mediums lap was pretty disappointing but still somewhat competitive to get a decent position outside the top 10. Bottled my 2 softs laps which would've been good enough for a front row but wasn't too surprised or disappointed.

R: 2nd

Start was a horror show. Lots of people on softs behind so I got thrown around a bit. Down to P17. Quickly made my way back past danny with a great, audacious move, and then set about full conservation mode. Pace on the hards was genuinely incredible- thanks to connor and jake for realising that throughout the race as well so we could use it to all of our benefit.

Took a while to get to clean air ahead of jake, a small heart attack at turn 3 largely to blame, but when I was there it was glorious. Consistently doing 12.1-4s, gaining handsomely on the people who'd already pit for hards.

I regret not pitting later in the end as the hards were great, and the softs dipped in pace a bit soon. Especially with the VSC, but I think given 1-2 more laps I could've jumped one or maybe both of ollie and Dawid. The time behind them kinda killed my chances of winning in the end. Best was gone from the softs. I managed a pretty pace fastest lap considering, but they fell off pretty quick from there. For the last 5 laps they were possibly even slower than Shellay's mediums, and despite driving out of my skin I made no impression whatsoever. Even pulling 5 seconds on jake at the same time.

Overall we take it 100%. With working late and a new track, I said any points would be a bonus. Most rivals scored poorly so turned out to be a big success. I think had the start of the race gone better, or had I started high on softs, I probably could and should have won, but a great drive from shellay to take it today despite the grid penalty. Crucial fantasy and constructors points- very classy performance.

Not sure what to expect from Spain, but usually I'm up there again. Would be nice to not be the bridesmaid in P2 and get a cheeky dub, but I'll gladly take the championship lead back after the disaster at China.

Congrats to Jake as well. Drove very smart and got what he deserved overall. Very refreshing race in my opinion, and loved pushing at such a persistent race track for 36 laps.

Enjoyed the stream as well, great addition to the league it must be said. Will get some pics tomorrow potentially, but other than that I'll see you in Spain bois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back