Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

I could use some insight with a wheel related problem.

I got my T300 RS GT two days ago. I updated the Firmware and did all the basic calibration shenanigans. The first evening everything worked fine. Yesterday I went into a league race session, and the wheel was going bonkers. There was a constant fluctuating steering input movement registered by the game. My virtual wheel was going left and right even though the physical wheel was not moving. It happened while stationary, while moving, while on straights and while in corners. In the in-game calibration screen I could see the numbers changing rapidly, for example if I was at standstill in garage, my steering inputs were going between 4 and -4 degrees in a very rapid fashion. Needless to say, the car was impossible to drive. I tried everything in terms of in-game wheel settings, then I plugged the whole thing off during quali and plugged it into my PC, and everything was normal in the PC control panel. Plugged it back into my PS4 and it was still bugged out. In frustration I thought I'd quit the session, so I took off and unplugged my headphones that were attached to a DS4, and that's when the wheel went back to normal.

TLDR: My wheel doesn't work if my headphones are on. What gives?

- Drivers Involved: Myself and Dawid
- Round and Lap Number: Bahrain, Lap 28
- Description and video: I have no issue with the racing itself- at the time I was a bit frustrated to have no room but in terms of racing there's nothing wrong with it and he's not required to leave me the space at that stage. What is incorrect though is the contact, which wasn't initiated by myself, which took me off the track (I was clearly already remaining on track on my own line at the exit of the corner), then gave me a 3 second penalty. I was pushed off and lost time, if I'd gone off on my own accord then fair enough, but that's not the case here.

Included the rest of the race at 8x speed as I didn't get my race director. No more warnings afterwards.

Bahrain penalty appeal.PNG

poor race from myself, was defo in the prime seat to win after connor went for the gamble, but i just did a lot of mistakes and was on the short straw of some battles. China is usually a much better track so i hope to return there on the podium and for dry weather lol

well done to Dawid Connor and Mitchell, top 7 covered in less then 5 seconds today showed how close the field is, so i think we will have a lot of different winners this season

also codies has to sort out the safety car restarts, it was already in the pits when i accelerated and yet the game slowed me down costing me 3 positions, thank you lee mather

Last edited:
Poor qualifying from me but was still in the fight from p5.

Dropped down to p7 after lap 1 and then was stuck in the train. Followed Alex into the pit lane for the undercut which worked great. Car felt awsome and pace was really good. Soon passed Alex and David and then was trying to extend the gap until I caught up to the hard runners. I went for a move on jabonator and went slightly wide then touched the inside curb which nearly spun me. Tried to return to the track but no room was there and my front wing was shattered and then spun. Absolutely gutted as I think the win was there for the taking. Onto the next race I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes