Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Q11 R12

Was on for a 29.5 when I was blocked in the penultimate corner, but it meant I had free tyre choice.

Decided to start on Hard. Unsure if this was the right call as myself and Dan were stuck in a bit of a stalemate behind the others as Jake made decent progress. Regardless I lost many positions at the very start, then a slight break of traction in tight space at T5 saw me tap Jake and lose more, then at the hairpin I let another car by which could've easily been defended but I remained on the racing line, poor decision not to as I was then even further down with more cars to get through. Passed janbonator, Dan and Carbon but even this was a questionable decision as it hurt my ERS quite a bit and I was struggling for ERS and fuel from there. Passed SuperScrub when we caught up to Bcolt who was dangerously slow on old tyres causing mayhem in the race for his own entertainment. Unfortunately gave him a love tap, and then passed him. Disappointed to tap him but it was obviously very hard to judge the behaviour of a car like that and I was just relieved to have everything in tact and be pointing the right way after dealing with that. Dan re-passed me later on, he had pitted one lap later and was quicker in the second stint. Crossed the line P10 which was ok all things considered, but a penalty cost me 2 places.

All in all, had quite a bit of fun racing the likes of Dan, CArbon and Superscrub and am glad to get another clean race under the belt without binning it or major dramas. Still very rough around the edges on the modern games with little issues like slightly misjudging braking and traction in battles which costs me, as well as picking up the penalty, overtake usage, general race management. Hopefully can start to iron those out. But for this evening it was good fun. Congrats to Will and cheers to the coordinators.

No much to write about from that one. Was on the receiving end of one of CianG's love taps on lap 2, and just like in Bahrain got damage to my wing for it. After that it was a lonely cruise. I think I got my first dose of DRS on the penultimate lap when I let CRG_Demon through for his attempt for the fastest lap. I'm happy my worst tracks are behind me and looking forward to the next ones. Congrats to Will for the win, will have to check out the stream later on to see how it panned out.

p10
Bottled quali. Was going to try start on mediums and then gave up on that. I was 3 tenths up on my lap and decided to pit so I could get another lap in. I then invalidated the next run.

p6
Somehow managed to get up to p6 and was pretty close to the front runners. Another race of what could have been for me.

Here are my highlights guys.

Included is the relevant footage for @janbo which I am more than confident will absolve me of any wrongdoing, but won't save me for having to read janbo's petty, sarcastic and immature comments and messages. I would advise him to keep a lid on it before all the evidence is presented to him next time, not interested in reading that guff. Hopefully it goes better next time.

Q: 6th
Not my best lap but I'd say sixth was a good representation of my one-lap pace.

R: 3rd
One of the more enjoyable league races I've done. Not an awful lot happened in the first stint, once again Dawid's qualy pace didn't transfer into the race and it was a sign that myself and my teammate could make something happen in the 2nd stint.

Unfortunately Ben has a phobia of winning when he's expected to and received a fairly harsh drive-through - that was P5. Brandon decided he'd make a nuisance of himself on the alternate strategy which resulted in an opportunity for me to nip past Alex at the double left-hander. Brandon blessed me once more by losing it at the next corner allowing me through - P4.

Dawid was slightly slower but had brilliant traction so it took a lot of ERS and half a lap side-by-side to pass him. Nice to have a clean fight after I accidentally murdered him at S11 Russia and I was able to hold on for my first podium of the season.

Think I fulfilled the No.2 driver role well by picking up good points for the team when needed. Congrats to Will and Connor, supremely quick in both sessions. See you all in Zandvoort where I'm sure I'll be keeping @Luke Cage company :notworthy:

That was a rough race. I've never been quick around China and only got about 15 laps of practice total before the race so I was even worse than usual. Qualified 19th and was just going to go as long as possible on hards and hope for a SC so that I could pit and have a hope of getting points. Was defending quite hard with the people that came along and had some fun battles. Got punted up the ass heading into S3 as the car behind had considerably better tyres. Then going around the banking I somehow got pinched between 2 cars as all 3 of us seemed to be on a bad line. Race was finished at that point. Hopefully next time out won't be so bad.

Q: 1st; R: 2nd

Another solid qualifying but a bad start. Will had similar pace to me but he had the undercut and the better traffic it seemed so extended the gap.
Didn’t drive that well on H until final laps but then I got an unfortunate warning then half spun twice so yeah, cost myself the win.

3 podiums out of 3 but can easily argue I was fastest / had pace to win all three but still positive moving forward.

By the way... @Dawidos I wasn't trying anything in T1. I simply had no front end and understeered.

@DemoN F1, @Shly38... and I think @alex1994128?... I wasn't attempting to defend or anything. Broken wing meant no front end and you all had so much more grip.

So yeah... apart from the minor attempt at battling in the hairpin and two straights with the Renault's, I was just trying not to kill us all at that point.

By the way... @Dawidos I wasn't trying anything in T1. I simply had no front end and understeered.

@DemoN F1, @Shly38... and I think @alex1994128?... I wasn't attempting to defend or anything. Broken wing meant no front end and you all had so much more grip.

So yeah... apart from the minor attempt at battling in the hairpin and two straights with the Renault's, I was just trying not to kill us all at that point.
Yeah I know it's all good ;)

Q - P18

Best i could of got was 12th so nothing to write home about.

R - 11th (10th)

So formation lap lasted 10 seconds as everyone from 10th down just stopped into turn 1, taking us back 4 out of the formation lap, and i didn't know at the time it gives you cold tires....

1st lap i went from 19th in T1 to 12th by turn 6 in which i took about 6 cars around the outside :).

Lap 3 i got past Carbon and was keeping pace with Clarky until Jake roared through. stuck with Jake for all of the first stint then i had to pit as carbon undercutted on lap 11. Managed to come out ahead of him by 3 seconds and about 2.5 behind Jake.

Then when trying to pass Bcolt was the dagger in my race, he defended way too heavily for the position he was in and almost took me off 3 times, and the final time cost me a position to Cian. Then on the next lap he decided to fight me and Cian through the long right hander, eventually squeezing me onto the kerb and spinning him out. The lost a position to Dan.

In the end to finish 6 seconds behind Jake after all that happened was decent as i lost around 7 seconds behind Bcolt, could of fought Dan and Cian for further points too but usually i'd be happy with points or P10 as i dont practice for the races, but could of been p7,8,9 without the issues.

But i'm getting better by race so lets see if i can get up to the top 5 soon.

1.6/10 , pace has been actually pretty good but me going through the traffic wasnt great so an average performance really
2. no idea, usually i go well on new tracks but the nature of it doesnt favour my drving style so a podium would be already great
3. the slow chicane isnt really necesary
4. no clue, baku might be some proper cancer
5. An andretti car, so maybe Rossi or Andretti

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
6/10. Pace was trash but did a decent quali and avoided trouble to get 5th.
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
A podium is realistic, did some laps already and quite like the track, the more traction zones for me the better.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
Right hander at the end of S1, even the surface out, car drops harder than Alphonso Davies dropped Nelson Semedo.
4. What track(s) do you think would be best run in the reverse direction? Mexico
5. Who do you think will win the Indy 500 this weekend? 75 year old Andretti

1. Well, since I was damaged on L1, my race went straight to hell from there.
Even with a new wing and fresh mediums, I had ZERO pace. Couldn't even get fastest lap done.

Absolute horror show... again.

2. Provided I get through L1 clean, I think I might ACTUALLY have pace here for a change. I like the track, so I'm hoping I can do something better than P17 and a lap down.

3. Not really sure the chicane at the end of DRS2 needs to be a thing... but other than that, I'm good.

4. Mexico is probably the only current track that'd work backwards.
Other than that... Nurburgring maybe.

5. I dunno... a Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back