F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18)

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18) 6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have an issue with this mod, I'm on My team career, season 4.

Lando is my teammate, we end up finishing the race 40-50 seconds in front, others are too slow and my teammate and me are too fast, even on 95-100 difficulty, but without a mod it's not like that on that difficulty.

Any solution ?

Poubelle updated F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.10) with a new update entry:

Update for 1.13 patch

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I'm out of time :thumbsdown:.
After some testing, here is a new update after version 1.3 ;).

Comments :
  • The option for cold tires at start-up is removed.
  • Aero settings are stable now : small increase of dirty air and speed inside slipstreams are the right values for a realistic challenge (-5% vs original values for F1 cars, -10% for F2 cars).
  • The Damage mod is now installed by default, still based on ilja23mia's suggestions.
  • This...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Poubelle ! Is it ok if I use this mod only with the tyre compounds file and not with the performance files modified? I want to keep the tyre wear global value to 1.0 and not to 1.4 (too many stops in a 50% race) but appreciate how you managed the grip loss due to wear based on the compounds. I also have already modified lift, drag and damage my way just slightly different from your mod

Hi! By using this mod only, not merging it with any other mod, I found that the AI has the issue of pitting during the last 3 laps in a 50%, mounting a soft tyre because they are not able to reach the end with their hards. IMOLA, Second round of a 1st season career so no significant upgrades or changes in performances.

I also tried to lower the tyre wear factor from 1.4 to 1.3 but the issue kept happening: I will try and see if with 1.2 the balance is right for 50% races and will let you know!

(Lap 30 of 32 HAM pitting H -S previous pit stops lap 5 from M to M due to front wing damage and then lap 16 from M to H front wing damage. Would be good if the hards lasted more so he could finish the race.

Lap 31 of 32 RIC pitting H - S, lap 6 S to M and lap 17 M to H.

Double checked, they did not pit due to front wing damage

Was running full quali

Last edited:
Hi! By using this mod only, not merging it with any other mod, I found that the AI has the issue of pitting during the last 3 laps in a 50%, mounting a soft tyre because they are not able to reach the end with their hards. IMOLA, Second round of a 1st season career so no significant upgrades or changes in performances.

I also tried to lower the tyre wear factor from 1.4 to 1.3 but the issue kept happening: I will try and see if with 1.2 the balance is right for 50% races and will let you know!

(Lap 30 of 32 HAM pitting H -S previous pit stops lap 5 from M to M due to front wing damage and then lap 16 from M to H front wing damage. Would be good if the hards lasted more so he could finish the race.

Was running full quali
what line do you have to edit for this???

what line do you have to edit for this???
The line is called "upgradewearfactor" in each car performance file, not in the common tyre compounds file. There are 2 to edit, one for rears and one for fronts. Vanilla game has it at 1.0, Poubelle at 1.4. I will try 1.2 and won't change what he did in the other file

The line is called "upgradewearfactor" in each car performance file, not in the common tyre compounds file. There are 2 to edit, one for rears and one for fronts. Vanilla game has it at 1.0, Poubelle at 1.4. I will try 1.2 and won't change what he did in the other file
Yes try for distance

Hello everyone,
I am currently testing a version of this mod with 1.25 global wear factor instead of 1.4 and going back to 0.75 lift and 0.80 drag.

Out of respect to @Poubelle I would like to ask for his permission to share this in private if he likes to test it, or also for other gamers.

My doubt is as follows: a difference of +0,5 dirty air at 0.75 compared to Poubelle's 0.80 value (vanilla 0.85) can make the game less fun because bots don't attempt to overtake? I think that this may leave room to more mistakes combined with a +25% wear, suitable for 50% races and hopefully getting rid of the last laps AI pit stops.
Also, is it possible that with his 1.4 wear factor the AI don't pit if we set the puncture wear to 95% instead of 90?

Please let me know!

28.11 update: I tried 50% IMOLA again with the 1.4 global wear instead of 1.0 (+40%) and even by modifying the puncture wear % to 95 instead of 90 I had 2 cars pitting on lap 32/32 to fit a M (Stroll) and a S (Gasly), no front wing damage to be taken care of. So far, 3 times out of 3 the AI had last lap pitting issues, so I will keep this mod in good use for when I want to play 25% lenght races but no 50%.

Tomorrow I will try the wear factor 1.25 and will check whether we'll have issues (also with a 1.3 wear I had the last lap issue). Although, with 1.25 factor it doesn't really seem possible to have a 1 stop strategy, only 2 stops. I will keep you posted and let you know whether this wear factor may be a balanced one for 50% races, it's very difficult to find the right compromise because I also want to have more wear that can affect AI grip to make room for damage and situations.

Last edited:

Was running full quali
Hello EnriqueBanderas ;),

About the wearfactor : it's a parameter difficult to set. I tried many values, from 1.0 to 2.0, with variation of 0.1 sometime.
Globally,
- if the value is too small: soft compounds will always be better.
- if the value is too high: soft compounds will be too bad especially on tracks like Spain, the first 10 will stop quickly, and some of them will be clearly disadvantage.
Based on this, there is a balance between this factor, the wear factor of each tire (inside the compound.erp) and the grip.
For example : if you set the wear factor on cars side to 1.2, global wear will be reduced. However, the advantage of hardest compounds after 25-30% of wear will disappear.
As a result, you can increase the grip of hard tyres .... but at this step, it's will be also very close to the original settings and hard gums will become the best solution.
Additionally, I tried to have a consistent 1 pit strategy for all tracks and with a mix of soft / hard tyres strategies for all grid. The strategy of the first 10 will not be the same than for the last 10.
But, if you reduce the wear factor, the last 10 will take soft compounds each time. And if you adapt after the wear with the tyres wear settings, the wear estimate at start will be wrong ... that's why everything are link :p

All of this equilibrium is very tricky to set, especially if you want take into account ALL tracks. For example, spain or SPA tracks are very different. And when you optimise a setting for a track you can optain a weird result on another.

Obviously, you can modify my mod for your playstyle. That's why i shared it on racedepartement.com ;)

I use different nonlinear numerical algorithms to compute differents values (wear, grip wet/dry for each tyres), combine with several tests ingame obviously.

And an Excel board to build each curve, because by just touching one or 2 values directly without having the view all the curves and behavior for wear, grip ... could be a trap and you will spend too much time.

Capture excel.PNG

Last edited:
Hello EnriqueBanderas ;),

About the wearfactor : it's a parameter difficult to set. I tried many values, from 1.0 to 2.0, with variation of 0.1 sometime.
Globally,
- if the value is too small: soft compounds will always be better.
- if the value is too high: soft compounds will be too bad especially on tracks like Spain, the first 10 will stop quickly, and some of them will be clearly disadvantage.
Based on this, there is a balance between this factor, the wear factor of each tire (inside the compound.erp) and the grip.
For example : if you set the wear factor on cars side to 1.2, global wear will be reduced. However, the advantage of hardest compounds after 25-30% of wear will disappear.
As a result, you can increase the grip of hard tyres .... but at this step, it's will be also very close to the original settings and hard gums will become the best solution.
Additionally, I tried to have a consistent 1 pit strategy for all tracks and with a mix of soft / hard tyres strategies for all grid. The strategy of the first 10 will not be the same than for the last 10.
But, if you reduce the wear factor, the last 10 will take soft compounds each time. And if you adapt after the wear with the tyres wear settings, the wear estimate at start will be wrong ... that's why everything are link :p

All of this equilibrium is very tricky to set, especially if you want take into account ALL tracks. For example, spain or SPA tracks are very different. And when you optimise a setting for a track you can optain a weird result on another.

Obviously, you can modify my mod for your playstyle. That's why i shared it on racedepartement.com ;)

I use different nonlinear numerical algorithms to compute differents values (wear, grip wet/dry for each tyres), combine with several tests ingame obviously.

And an Excel board to build each curve, because by just touching one or 2 values directly without having the view all the curves and behavior for wear, grip ... could be a trap and you will spend too much time.

View attachment 520958
Hi Poubelle, thank you for your detailed answer. And thank you for your amazing work, if I provide you feedback it's because I admire it so much and I want the mods to be perfect for everyone to use!

Yes, there are a lot of factors to take into account. If AI didn't pit last laps at Imola, I would have kept your mod as it is. I have yet to finish my 50% Imola race with factor 1.25 and of course I will not change what you did in the tyre performance common ERP file. I modified this because it bothered me that some main drivers like Hamilton did pit and ruined their race when they could just hang in there and go the distance.

I thought that the AI was pitting because they reached the % wear for a possible puncture, so maybe I can give up punctures for good and set that value to 100% to see what happens...

I also analyzed your file compared to AndyAndy's one, I see that in his file the single compounds wear factors are even harsher for the soft tyres. I wanted to combine the 2 mods to have the best of both worlds but I don't think it will be a wise choice, seen all the effort and work you put into that, ahah!

Ok, I am starting to think that a global 1.25 tyre wear works very well for 50% races, which I think is what you have done in your F1 2020 version specific for 50% races. I was in Monaco and despite the strategy panel suggested me a 1 stop strategy M - H, I couldn't go to the end and puctured my right rear on last lap. A 1.25 wear factor is a good compromise between keeping things interesting but balanced as well, because I think that AI make less mistakes compared than pre patch 1.10 so it doesn't justify the attempt to make them burn their tyres more hoping for mistakes.

I love the rain weather behavior, I had a race in Baku where it rained stronger and stronger last half of the race and it was really a matter of stratregy, Ricciardo got the win because he pit first for full wets while the other bots and myself spent half a lap aquaplaning all the way with our inters. Enjoyable race in the wet!

Hello everyone,
first of all thank you very much for the work done on this mod, it is quite realistic.

However, I would like to modify the wear a little, because my soft ones only hold 4/5 revolutions maximum and the mediums only 6/7 or even 8.

Can you tell me how to modify the wear factor for races at 50%? and on what files to do it mostly, thanks in advance.

Hi im using this mod, but I cant figure out how to add the custom liveries. I read your how to but I couldn't understand/do any of it. If someone could help that would be appriciteted

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back