F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18)

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18) 6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
so what your trying to do is make it the same order of performance as 2021 but i bit more closer to make is more entertaining?
that's it.

Not more, I did not try to modify heavily the performances of the teams.
Ferrari is boosted but not n°1, just able to fight against Red Bull/Mercedes,
Red Bull/Merdeces/Ferrari generally equal
Haas/Alpha/Alpine a bit faster.

Last edited:
got a question what would happen if i just copied the tyre compounds erp in to the game and not the teams?

It won't work.
tire_compounds.erp contains only a part. In each cars's ERP file you have some parameters especially TyreWearUpgrade for front and rear which is essential for tyre wear speed.

If you copy/paste only the tire_compounds.erp, strategic panels for the prediction (and therefore AI behavior) and in-game tire wear will not be good.

Last edited:
Poubelle updated F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18) with a new update entry:

Reliability and My Team mode

Now I'm starting to look at the reliability effect on my team mode for the gearbox and overall engine.

After several seasons, the effects of reliability upgrades could be huge.
And I saw less and less penalties on the bot side after several seasons as the teams developed all their reliability improvements.

Today, by default, these upgrades provide a gain of 50% on mechanical wear for each of them.
It's huge, I'll try a 10% for example.

So maybe to include in a future version.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This Ukrainian YouTuber(Zetmir, 69k subscribers) played with your mod in 50% races.

This playlist(videos 1-30)

And this playlist since video №63:

Initially, I offered him this mod. He liked it, but during the game there was a problem with the fact that some AI make a pit stop on the last laps. After some time in the season for Haas, I reduced the UpgradeWearFactor to 1.35 instead of 1.4, and this fixed the problem.

Thank you for the great mod! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
This Ukrainian YouTuber(Zetmir, 69k subscribers) played with your mod in 50% races.

This playlist(videos 1-30)

And this playlist since video №63:

Initially, I offered him this mod. He liked it, but during the game there was a problem with the fact that some AI make a pit stop on the last laps. After some time in the season for Haas, I reduced the UpgradeWearFactor to 1.35 instead of 1.4, and this fixed the problem.

Thank you for the great mod! :thumbsup:

Thank you !

Nice to see you again,

For the UpgradeWearFactor, that's a huge question. I will try, I fear an impact on 25%. Before, I had 2 versions (25% and 50%) and the challenge here was to have the same value on both situations. Maybe it's too hard.
The question is tricky, because by changing this value, maybe the tire wear in tire_compounds.erp should also be updated.

I need to watch.

Last edited:
@Poubelle Just out of curiousness looking at the tyrecompounds.erp file, which of those tyres are the C1, C2, C3, C4 & C5. Just asking as the file has 7 dry tyre compounds, SUP (I guess supersofts), SOF, MED, HAR, USO & HSO.

I'd guess HSO is C5 in game but what about the other tyres?

Quickly :

Capture.PNG

Thank you !

Nice to see you again,

For the UpgradeWearFactor, that's a huge question. I will try, I fear an impact on 25%. Before, I had 2 versions (25% and 50%) and the challenge here was to have the same value on both situations. Maybe it's too hard.
The question is tricky, because by changing this value, maybe the tire wear in tire_compounds.erp should also be updated.

I need to watch.
When are you gonna make a 50% update? And also regrading the pm I’m on holiday atm so I can’t

@Poubelle how do you change wear factor? and were
If you talk about UpgradeWearFactor, it is a parameter inside each car files&common.erp, for front and rear, that defines the tire wear rate for each car.
A "wear rate" is also defined for each type of tire in tire_compounds.erp.
Then, a wear rate can be defined for each mechanical part of the vehicles, for the My Team mode.

It depends on what you're talking about and what you actually want to do.

Ok, go back to what we discussed before about performance balancing ... :

I don't understand why there are so many differences between the performances of the teams in GP mode and in My Team mode in the first season, 1st race (or 2nd or 3rd ..).

If I balance performances for GP Mode, Ferrari become over powered in My Team mode.
If I balance teams for My teams... the effects are less in GP mode, Ferrari stays behind Mercedes/RedBull for example, at 0.5s or more.

Very strange and not logical. If somebody has an explanation ...
I look at others mods on Team performances and issues are the same.

As a conclusion today, i will try to set performances for My Team at first.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back