Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Tried exporting all the xmls from the mod, so that I can easily import them when I do install copy and paste livery mods, tried the gameplay and seems to be working fine, obviously I wont upload them as it is your work (good work btw) but perhaps that could be another way to package the mod for installation, if im not being mistaken that the gameplay is working :)

Hi Andy

Is this mod definitely capped at 2 random failures a season?

I mentioned before how I would have a bottoming-out and DNF issue repeatedly, but that has stopped since I used the latest version. However, I still get a disproportionately high number of DNFs.

Through a mix of the old version and new version, I've had about 7 mechanical failures over 20 races (LeClerc has had zero). I've also had other issues during races like the engine mode stuck in lean for a couple of laps. My current run is (based on latest version):
Australia - DNF lap 30 (not sure what broke)
New season...
Bahrain - 1st
China - DNF lap 17 (ICE problem) - was running 1st
Portimao - 7th (but lean engine stuck)
Spain - DNF Lap 47 (TC problem) - was running 4th
Canada - just about to race

My approach to weekends is to run 3x 5 lap stints on each compound in P1. Sim P2-3 and go into quali. It can't be a case of being too hard on the car, I regularly end with more fuel than I start the race and I'm always the last to pit.

And these issues happen without any warning, so they are definitely random. Even now, going into Canada, and without changing any other parts since the season started, the MGU-K is the most worn at 67%

Hi Andy

Is this mod definitely capped at 2 random failures a season?

I mentioned before how I would have a bottoming-out and DNF issue repeatedly, but that has stopped since I used the latest version. However, I still get a disproportionately high number of DNFs.

Through a mix of the old version and new version, I've had about 7 mechanical failures over 20 races (LeClerc has had zero). I've also had other issues during races like the engine mode stuck in lean for a couple of laps. My current run is (based on latest version):
Australia - DNF lap 30 (not sure what broke)
New season...
Bahrain - 1st
China - DNF lap 17 (ICE problem) - was running 1st
Portimao - 7th (but lean engine stuck)
Spain - DNF Lap 47 (TC problem) - was running 4th
Canada - just about to race

My approach to weekends is to run 3x 5 lap stints on each compound in P1. Sim P2-3 and go into quali. It can't be a case of being too hard on the car, I regularly end with more fuel than I start the race and I'm always the last to pit.

And these issues happen without any warning, so they are definitely random. Even now, going into Canada, and without changing any other parts since the season started, the MGU-K is the most worn at 67%
this post is Daniel Ricciardo 2018 simulator

Great mod but unfortunately it can't be used with other mods. Please consider doing a manual ERP version so that we can use it with livery mods, etc.
He actually has a way - you have to edit the file itself and whatever changes between the mods or the parts you want are how you add it in. It's sorta intimidating at first but super easy to get the hang of!

How do you use the 2021 tire damage graphic effects for the 2019 f1 and older?
Could you make a mod for us for this?
You need to add the value changes to the mod you wish to combine.

Unfortunately there are so many variations of mods everyone uses I can't start making tailored mods, it would be a full time job .

Last edited:
B
OK, IF YOU TEACH ME HOW TO DO IT I WILL DO IT AND GIVE YOU THE CREDITS.

Best video I have seen is the one below, wish it was out when back in 2015 when I started modding on the newer engine. It will show you the software you need and where to download it as well as importing and exporting the data into xmls so you can edit them.

Once you have the process nailed you will find the values for my mod on the main page.

Import and install the other mod you want as normal. Then use the process above to extract the xml files. Then take my mod values and enter them into the the file for each of the teams. I use notepad ++ so I can search and replace the lines for all of the files at the same time. Saves alot of time.
Then import them back into your game files.

If the other mod is graphic only then although you are extracting the same game files they are in different parts. My mods only change values in the xml section.

If the other mod is also editing the xml you might get strange side effects but worth trying and finding out

Any problems let me know, happy to help

Andy

Last edited:
so this will not work with:

due to both mods having something to do with SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams (((( common.erp )))) file, RIGHT?
You would need to manually merge the files and look at what values each mod changes. If they both change the same value then yes that may cause a problem but it really depends on what values we talk about. If you post here any values both mods change I maybe able to tell you what the outcome is

andyandy989898 updated F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod with a new update entry:

F1 2021 Failures and Puncture Mod 2.5

As I cant see any real reason to purchase F1 22 The Sims Edition, I have updated this mod for F1 2021 latest patch. Should work as normal.
For best experience please play with my tyre mod also

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Andy, feedback on this as I'm still using the mod (+ your tyre one) and never transitioned to F1 2022.

I love it but honestly I think it is really weighted against the driver and makes winning a championship impossible. Nearly every other race I am having some sort of race-breaking problem. In the new season, I had:
1) Race 1 Bahrain - no DRS all race
2) Race 3 Portugal - gears stuck 3x in race and I went from P2 to P12
3) Race 4 - Spain - ICE wear (ICE at 50%) and down on power.

I had the same thing in Season 4 that meant I went through 6 engines in 16 races and constant gearbox problems. It's 100% races.

Hi Andy, feedback on this as I'm still using the mod (+ your tyre one) and never transitioned to F1 2022.

I love it but honestly I think it is really weighted against the driver and makes winning a championship impossible. Nearly every other race I am having some sort of race-breaking problem. In the new season, I had:
1) Race 1 Bahrain - no DRS all race
2) Race 3 Portugal - gears stuck 3x in race and I went from P2 to P12
3) Race 4 - Spain - ICE wear (ICE at 50%) and down on power.

I had the same thing in Season 4 that meant I went through 6 engines in 16 races and constant gearbox problems. It's 100% races.
Thanks for the feedback navb. It's really odd, I also didn't bother with F1 22 but find the opposite of you and rarely get issues or problems with the car using v2.5. the version before I did find the same as you and reduced the values to try stop it. Are you running v2.5? Perhaps download it again and install if you haven't recently. You can do it anytime and it will change, even mid race.
Hoping for something new in F1 23 but doesn't sound good from what I have read so far

Hi Andy

I downloaded the mod again over the Christmas period because I wondered if it just needed a refresh - definitely v2.5 that I'm running.

In the end, I decided to turn the fault frequency down from standard to low just to give myself a fighting chance. First race (Canada), no problems. Second race (France), I had a gearbox issue and ended up falling from 1st to 4th. My gearbox wear was only 50% when it decided to play up for a lap or 2. All other components were somewhere between 10-50% as well.

Really strange, I have done 3 X 100% races now and had 20 laps with out DRS and no other issues at all. I thought it maybe due to you driving Ferrari but I just checked the files again and they have identical values for faults as the other teams. At moment I can't explain why you have so many faults

I'm with Mercedes now, but I seem to have had these issues in every season.

I am tempted to remove the mod because I am jinxed. My only concern is overtaking, because I know this mod makes it harder to overtake and therefore much more realistic than the vanilla game of breezing past cars. Are the harder overtaking values still in v2.5?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back