Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Andy

Is this mod OP? Running this on a Ferrari career 100% mode.

I've had 3 DNFs in quali after 6 races and 2 DNFs in the race. That's 5 DNFs in 12 sessions. What's strange is the DNF happened on the first out lap of each quali session. The most frustrating one was Spain, where I DNF'd on the last lap of the race in Sector 3, literally 10 seconds from finishing.

The punctures are really cool, me and Lando went wheel to wheel and I lost my front right to a puncture. But the number of engine failures / stuck gears seems really high.

Hi Andy

Is this mod OP? Running this on a Ferrari career 100% mode.

I've had 3 DNFs in quali after 6 races and 2 DNFs in the race. That's 5 DNFs in 12 sessions. What's strange is the DNF happened on the first out lap of each quali session. The most frustrating one was Spain, where I DNF'd on the last lap of the race in Sector 3, literally 10 seconds from finishing.

The punctures are really cool, me and Lando went wheel to wheel and I lost my front right to a puncture. But the number of engine failures / stuck gears seems really high

Hi Navb

are they the instant retirement events where the part turns red or the smaller issues that resolve over time?
Also what version are you running v2.2. I am doing a career with McClaren and had 2 issues in a season and a half of the temporary issues. The chance of problems are constant for every team but I wonder if some R&D updates can increase or decrease these chances.
The permanent engine failure only happens when the engine is very high in wear.
Temporary issues such as gear changes and jams can happen at any time

Last edited:
Hi Andy

I'm running 2.2. Instant retirement where the screen goes black / slow-mo and Jeff asks if I'm ok.

The first DNF happened in Q1 for Portimao which was my second race of the season. Wear on the engine couldn't have been much over 25%. Then the second DNF happened in Spain Q3 (race 3). Then the third DNF happened in Spain race.

In the end, I got fed up of that particular engine so opted for a new one when I went to Paul Ricard (race 4), got to Q2, and the car DNF'd again...

I had something similar with one of the earliest versions. Prema F2 car, opening race in Bahrain. I DNF'd in the Sprint on the opening 4 turns. Then we went into the race and I DNF'd again before the end of the first lap. Fine for the rest of the season, although it was reduced to only 8 races or so in order to get to F1.

I have seen this before but not in v2.2. Doing a flashback fixes it and the retirement doesnt occur again.
Its almost like the car bottoms out on the tarmac and gets 100% damage. I am not sure its the mod thats the problem as I cant see anything that would cause this. Terminal engine failure can cause this screen but I have seen this happen with brand new engine and the mod sets it to only occur at much higher wear rate so it cant be that.

Do you use any other mods that make changes to the teams erps?

Last edited:
I have seen this before but not in v2.2. Doing a flashback fixes it and the retirement doesnt occur again.
Its almost like the car bottoms out on the tarmac and gets 100% damage. I am not sure its the mod thats the problem as I cant see anything that would cause this. Terminal engine failure can cause this screen but I have seen this happen with brand new engine and the mod sets it to only occur at much higher wear rate so it cant be that.

Do you use any other mods that make changes to the teams erps?
Ah no, it is v2.1 I'm using. I'll update to the new version, hopefully that will fix the problem. The only other mod I'm using is your original tyre temp mode.

It happened again yesterday in quali for Spa. Q3 into Eau Rogue as you head over the first kerb.

At least in F1 2020, this mod only affected the player, as mechanical failures for the AI were always scripted. I don't know about punctures. In 2020 they couldn't really get punctures, so if anyone witnessed that in 2021 it would be welcome to hear more about it
I am pretty sure I seen an aarava episode where an IA had a puncture, if that helps

Did a full race at Monza, GP mode. On lap 19, I was catching Hamilton and Bottas on the pit straight, when Bottas went for a move on Hamilton. Bottas lost control, and hit the wall around the pit exit. I managed to just avoid the wreck, but got a puncture on my left rear. No problem, I'll just limp to the pits. Sure it was pain to do a full lap on 3 tires, but there was safety car so I didn't lose too many places. I got into the pits, put on new Hards(was on medium), right as the pit speed limit was cleared and I accelerated, BOOM, both left tyres out. Front and rear. And I had no flashbacks. I retired.

Apparently the debris can hurt you when after a lap has passed. Well ****. Atleast the feature works :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back