F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

In fact it's possible to mod a rare or uncommon liverie AND to be able to modify colors after in game, as sponsors ! (lol) :

Capture6mod.PNG

Capture9.PNG

You can't change color after***, nothing happen. But the skin is here and usable. (if you neutralized the _M)

EDIT*** : it's possible by using the different filters (and especially the _M) in the archive to have a real livery as usual AND to be able to modify main colors in game after ! very fun. In my example, changing the orange by another one in game ! Same for suits or helmets !

Quick example with a porsche driver suits and the slot e01 :
Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

For this slot, the _d for the suit is not accessible, but ... :laugh:
I'm looking to create a livery like what is mentioned here where the player can change the colour and the sponsors can be altered on as well (like a normal livery in game), but can't seem to find which in game liveries to modify to make this happen. I've tried to import over the livery_starter_01, 02, and 03 _m and _s files, but they don't seem to change the 3 starter liveries. Am I amending the wrong ones (and if so, which are the 3 liveries you start with)?

Is there a way to access the driver ratings (what they actually affect) and the track specifics for e.g. tyre wear and grip? Or rather how do i find them/edit them?

• Deleted member 1946917

anyone know how to fix blurry helmets? they were working perfectly fine and all of a sudden I turn on the game and one of my helmets is blurry

This is one where I swapped Mazepin's helmet for Albon's, it was crystal clear for weeks. All of a sudden they have turned blurry.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1946917

Did you switch mod during past week, did it happen after the last patch ?
No, but it could be because I installed a new mod, will have a look

It’s not to do with the mods

All other helmets are fine apart from this one helmet that is coming out as blurry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I just downloaded the game and I already had a custom livery for myteam but I don't have the braking point content dlc so I can't use casper or butler or jack's liveries, wich liverie should I replace?

Hi, I just downloaded the game and I already had a custom livery for myteam but I don't have the braking point content dlc so I can't use casper or butler or jack's liveries, wich liverie should I replace?
Hard to Do because its recommand to use a livery with fix color and the Vanilla game doesnt come with any. You had to buy braking point at 5$ or unlock one livery with color fix thru season pass

Hi guys, what is the correct way to reduce front wing damage sensibility with the ERP file? Which lines do I have to touch and how are the numbers working? It's not that immersive seeing 7 AI pit stops in 2 laps for front wing replacement.
I don't want to reduce It in-game, since it would lower also the sensibility for the other car parts, I just want the front wing.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone could help me? After editing my race suit for MY Team in photoshop and installing it with EGO the shadows look off on my driver and my teammates race suit. Everything else looks good (helmet/gloves/boots/cap) I have tried reinstalling it several times and the shadows always look like this. Is there a possible problem with one of my under layers? If so which one effects shadows?

Attachments

• 07B75FC9-C60C-47B7-90E1-FB61ABD78531.jpeg
    07B75FC9-C60C-47B7-90E1-FB61ABD78531.jpeg
    843.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements