F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

I would use Leclerc or Sainz from the game. I would like to play Real Season start career as one of them with a modification of faceswap etc.
I mean the painjob is IF leclerc have a Bell helmet but you want him to have a Arai Helmet for example, the paint job hes needed, but if the helmet brand follow to an other spot with the design, should be no problem, but how i dunno, not a type of mod i do

I mean the painjob is IF leclerc have a Bell helmet but you want him to have a Arai Helmet for example, the paint job hes needed, but if the helmet brand follow to an other spot with the design, should be no problem, but how i dunno, not a type of mod i do
That's why I'd like to replace the player's helmet model with another helmet model, such as Bell Leclerc. Or if someone could do helmet wing paint for a player's helmet model.

Hey guys, i just did my first mod and added a drag and drop installation but it just crashes the game, can somebody tell me how to create a drag & drop Installation proerly? would be greatly appreciated!

Explain firstly how you did it and will be easier to understand what was wrong
allright, so i simply took the modded ERP files from the Game Directory and placed them in the Game Folder that is supposed to overwrite the original Gamefiles, nothing else. So for example the "fom_car.erp" and so on for all my Team Engine suppliers. The Same for the Suit and Rainjacket and Stuff. Do i need to add some other Files to the Copy & Paste Installation or what did i do wrong? I alredy checked the erp files, they are all correct. Thanks in advance for your help

allright, so i simply took the modded ERP files from the Game Directory and placed them in the Game Folder that is supposed to overwrite the original Gamefiles, nothing else. So for example the "fom_car.erp" and so on for all my Team Engine suppliers. The Same for the Suit and Rainjacket and Stuff. Do i need to add some other Files to the Copy & Paste Installation or what did i do wrong? I alredy checked the erp files, they are all correct. Thanks in advance for your help
So you did a livery and want to create a copy paste version ? but you dunno if you miss something

If you own Breaking point DLC, just download any of my copy paste pack, then you can check what you need to do. Surely you didnt do minimap, but still if you use my pack and update it with your own stuff, you shouldnt worry about it, once its done one time minimap update by itself. Just give a try
will do ! thanks a lot for the help

• Deleted member 1031992

Do you know if the performance update has changed the performance of myteam? This is to know if the copy-pastes are still valid.

Hey there,
where and in what format are the game's music files stored?
I've figuered out how to extract the music files. They are stored as Soundbanks in some Wwise format. Luckily, theres a tool out there that can extract those files. Here's a little guide on how to use it.
  1. Download the tool from here (Just the source code is enough).
  2. Extract it to an ideally empty folder.
  3. Copy your music.bnk into the Game Files folder.
  4. Start either the Unpack to MP3.bat or Unpack to WAV.bat file, whatever you prefer.
  5. Wait a bit, this might take a few minutes, especially on slower machines.
  6. When it's done, check either the MP3 or WAV folder, depending on what file you chose earlier. Every extracted music file will be in there.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is a increased spray mod? Did not find anything for 2021 on RD. I think the spray is waaay less than in reality.
If there is none, is it a lot of work?
Thanks
Sebastian

Is it possible to make a flag (that is in the game) but it doesnt appear on the podium show up in this?? (I guess only in single player but wanna know if it possible) I Have this doubt cause I saw people changing the background of the podium so I was wondering if it was possible to change the flag that apper on the podium
(Rigth now my contry flag is only a gray map of the world on the podium)

Alright let me let you ask me a few modding questions about questions I receive over and over because people do not bother to check my profile:

Will there be Modular Mods coming to F1 2021?
- Not by me, no.

Do you plan to mod F1 2021 at all?
- For the time being, I still have absolutely no interest in that game. Ask me next year again, maybe I'll be bored enough. There have been plenty of other games, I focussed on modding, the last few months.

Can someone else create Modular Mods for F1 2021?
- Someone tried, I don't know if he made progress, I think I told him all necessary things. But as far as I know, things have changed, so the way, which worked for 2020, cannot be adapted 1:1 for 2021.
- It is not something everyone would be able to create, you need some specific skills and understanding to do so.

As many of your mods would work without MoMods central system, like DRS zones, reverse grid and no fog - can someone else adapt them to F1 2021?
- Technically yes. For No Fog you are free to go, it's easily done. For the other things, especially more DRS zones, ask me for permission before doing so (you might want to do that via modding discord, I do not often check RD these days). If you create the reverse grid yourself, may credit me for the idea if you checked how I did it before ;)

Can classic cars be imported to F1 2021?
- Technically, I think yes, but it's much work to do and would never see light at RaceDepartment, so stick to F1 2020.

Do you plan on modding F1 2020 again then?
- Not sure which things remain to be worth it, beside endless classic car swaps for classic seasons (not that I am eager to do that all over again). Maybe I'll have a freaking idea out of nowhere and want to do so, maybe not - who knows.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back