F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hi guys!!

My own emblen its decolorated in game.
Any tutorial or help to fix it?

and, Any tutorial to put the clothes of your garage crew? i dont find this...

Thanks!!!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are we able to edit/modify the race suits our custom character wears for the main 10 teams in Career mode? I know we can edit the suits for MyTeam, but what about the Red Bull suit, for instance? It's small, but wanted to put my flag and name on the race suit like Max has on his.

Thanks!

• Deleted member 1946917

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are we able to edit/modify the race suits our custom character wears for the main 10 teams in Career mode? I know we can edit the suits for MyTeam, but what about the Red Bull suit, for instance? It's small, but wanted to put my flag and name on the race suit like Max has on his.

Thanks!
Yes you can

• Deleted member 1946917

Hey guys, I was wondering what files I need to access to be able to change engine sounds and engine suppliers for certain teams, I know there was a mod last year that changed Mclaren to Mercedes engines, I'm running one of the fantasy mods where BMW come back at Sauber and i'd like to give Sauber a different engine sound than the ferrari engine for example, what are the files that I can access how to do this? thanks!

• Deleted member 1946917

What specific files do I edit and where are they located?
You can edit the livery and race suit logos in the assetgroup>characterpackage>team livery and drivers, then select which team/driver suit you want to edit, have a look through the ERP files and you should see which files you need

Last edited by a moderator:
You can edit the livery and race suit logos in the assetgroup>characterpackage>team livery and drivers, then select which team/driver suit you want to edit, have a look through the ERP files and you should see which files you need
Hmm interesting. When I go to assetgroups>character_package>team_livery>2021-redbull>2021-redbull.erp to edit the '2021-redbull-livery_v2_d.tif' texture (which is the race suit texture (I assume??)), nothing shows up in-game on my custom character's suit or Max/Checo's suit.

However, when I go to assetgroups>character_package>drivers>male>2021-redbull_max_verstappen>max_verstappen.erp/max_verstappen_helmet.erp to edit the '2021-redbull-livery_v2_d.tif' texture and save there, whatever changes I make to just Max's ERPs show up on Max's, Checo's, AND my custom character's suit in-game lol.

I also edited the '2021-redbull_logo_01_d.tif' texture in the respective ERPs, however, those changes only ever seem to show up on Max and Checo's race suits and never on my custom character's suit. Am I looking in the wrong place/editing the wrong stuff maybe?

Is there another texture that is unique to only my custom character's race suit in redbull that will show up only on that suit in-game or are they all attached for some reason?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me with this, I know it's a super small thing but I just got into this modding stuff and it would be cool to figure it out so I can make these custom edits on any new team I join in Career mode.

• Deleted member 1946917

Hmm interesting. When I go to assetgroups>character_package>team_livery>2021-redbull>2021-redbull.erp to edit the '2021-redbull-livery_v2_d.tif' texture (which is the race suit texture (I assume??)), nothing shows up in-game on my custom character's suit or Max/Checo's suit.

However, when I go to assetgroups>character_package>drivers>male>2021-redbull_max_verstappen>max_verstappen.erp/max_verstappen_helmet.erp to edit the '2021-redbull-livery_v2_d.tif' texture and save there, whatever changes I make to just Max's ERPs show up on Max's, Checo's, AND my custom character's suit in-game lol.

I also edited the '2021-redbull_logo_01_d.tif' texture in the respective ERPs, however, those changes only ever seem to show up on Max and Checo's race suits and never on my custom character's suit. Am I looking in the wrong place/editing the wrong stuff maybe?

Is there another texture that is unique to only my custom character's race suit in redbull that will show up only on that suit in-game or are they all attached for some reason?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me with this, I know it's a super small thing but I just got into this modding stuff and it would be cool to figure it out so I can make these custom edits on any new team I join in Career mode.
Go to team_livery folder and then go to Red Bull 2021, that is what is unique to you (and other drivers that transfer over to red bull)

ok, i need someone to explain copy paste modding to me like im twelve, im taking every step, im tired of everyone just saying oh drag and drop and it'll install because it hasnt, tell me absolutely everything i need to do. anything i need to replace and how to make sure it does

• Deleted member 1946917

ok, i need someone to explain copy paste modding to me like im twelve, im taking every step, im tired of everyone just saying oh drag and drop and it'll install because it hasnt, tell me absolutely everything i need to do. anything i need to replace and how to make sure it does
Watch youtube tutorials

• Deleted member 1946917

ive yet to find one that goes into enough detail for a person who just started on pc, they leave things open ended and dont seem very helpful by the end of my following every step they do and it not working
What do you want to mod?

• Deleted member 1946917

Here’s a good video that helped me understand it. It’s pretty much the same method for the current game

Except instead of replacing RaceNet livery and race suits, you will be replacing Akkerman, Jackson or Butler Livery and Race Suits.

Those liveries are replaced in the FOM car and MyTeam folders in the F1 2021 vehicle package>teams area. , the race suits and helmets are replaced in characterpackage> team livery, and then custom-akkerman and so on. Do it in both ERP folders for Akkerman (or Jackson or Butler)

Hi, its possible swap player career helmet model to anyone driver model helmets? Arai, Bell, Schubert? Same style like faceswap? Thanks for answer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back