F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

No

AS F1 2020, we can use FOM car to an real team, but we cant use real car to MyTeam.

The reason is simple, FOM car have more than a model, like all the scene for all department. Real car havent it, because on a driver career you dont have acces to this feature, its belong to MyTeam. So thats a problem.

And if possible... you cant have any ''liveries''. The UV mapping of real car is so simple, i mean on a 512x512, like for a Ferrari the red of the car will be fitting on a 1x1 square on the 512x512 somewhere and only the ''design'' will be fit on the 512x512.

And for steering wheel, to be honest i dunno but probably hard to do
thanks for the answer! really exaustive

Hello! Does anyone know where the main menu wallpaper/background texture is located in the files? I would love to change the color and look of this background. :)

1630774330649.png

Hi, I've created my own helmet design. Now, i need to buy the Breaking point DLC or the Deluxe for replace the helmet? Because i can't find other helmet to replace with my design.

But the dlc is pretty cheap anyways so you are better off buying it as it will make things alot simpler for you in the long run.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been trying to edit xml files but whenever I change any setting, for example chassis weight, as soon as i start a session in quick race to test it i instantly get an engine failure. Anyone know what this is?

• Deleted member 1946917

No

AS F1 2020, we can use FOM car to an real team, but we cant use real car to MyTeam.

The reason is simple, FOM car have more than a model, like all the scene for all department. Real car havent it, because on a driver career you dont have acces to this feature, its belong to MyTeam. So thats a problem.

And if possible... you cant have any ''liveries''. The UV mapping of real car is so simple, i mean on a 512x512, like for a Ferrari the red of the car will be fitting on a 1x1 square on the 512x512 somewhere and only the ''design'' will be fit on the 512x512.

And for steering wheel, to be honest i dunno but probably hard to do
But I actually saw someone to do a Lotus Renault MyTeam livery in F1 2020 that he managed to give the Renault Chassis as the MyTeam Chassis, so it probably is possible, don’t know how he did it but go have a look

• Deleted member 744306

can anyone make a mod which would let us play the Vietnam GP in F1 2021? like import the track from F1 2020 to F1 2021?

Hello, it is possible to take F1 2020 Helmet on F1 2021 ?
(sorry for my enlish ;))
Yes you can.

However the F1 2021 helmet is not exactly the same as the F1 2020 helmet. The visor attachment has changed, the wing attachment is positioned slightly differently, and the UVs are a bit different. If you make some adjustments it can look ok, but currently it will not look and match up perfectly.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.