F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hey guys,
is there any way to change helmet models? For example take Seb's 2020 helmet and use it for the normal F1 2021 helmet.
That would change helmet modding completely for F1 2021 until the actual 3d models will be released!
Maybe someone finds a way to make it possible :D

• Deleted member 1946917

I did a driver swap with Mazepin and Albon for my modded save (because I dislike Mazepin) and I managed to swap driver face and name, I also swapped Albon's helmet in, however in MyTeam Mazepin transferred to Aston Martin (he is now Albon for me) and in game his helmet is still Mazepin's, but in the loading screen of them holding the helmets, Albon's helmet is there?

Can anyone explain why this is, and if there is any fix?

• Deleted member 1946917

Also

Is there a way to change driver numbers for AI drivers?

For example if I do a driver swap with Russell and Bottas, how do I change 77 to become number 63?

• Deleted member 1946917

You'll just have to export number 63 and import it for number
Oh okay I get it, thanks!

Also
Do you have any idea when swapping helmets on AI drivers, I swapped Mazepin with Albon and swapped Mazpein's helmet for Albon's, in Grand Prix mode it works completely fine, Albon's helmet is there and showing

but in MyTeam, with Albon transferred to Aston Martin, it shows as him having Mazepin's helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for asking,
someone has an xml file to make official cars working the same way as a myTeam car for livery mod?

I started working following the template for myTeam liveriy and I discovered with disappointment that they are different from official cars.

To be clearer, the idea is to use the standard wireframe of myTeam cars also for mod the official cars.

Is this possible?
There is some application to do it?

Hello ! i won this emote on f1 2021, and i was wondering if it was possible to modify the flag behind the driver. i can't find the file in the game files :/ thx in advance ! (UPDATE I FOUND THE FILE OF THE EMOTE BUT NOT THE FLAG TEXTURE : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\ui_package\texture_arrays\customisation\emotes\emote_11)
20210911171133_1.jpg
20210911171126_1.jpg

Last edited:
do you have any ideas?
For clarification, the question is, what exactly are you trying to do? AFAIK, the _m file is primarily for masking. Inverting the colours won't really do anything.. or at least it will not do what you think it will do.

Last edited:
For clarification, the question is, what exactly are you trying to do? AFAIK, the _m file is primarily for masking. Inverting the colours won't really do anything.. or at least it will not do what you think it will do.
I have complete livery but when i put them in the game on the car the colors are inverted somehow, i can link livery if you want to boys

• Deleted member 1946917

Bit of a lazy question but, after the new update, are we gonna have to re install the mods that we have installed already? for example the tyre performance mod?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%