Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Andy

I downloaded the mod again over the Christmas period because I wondered if it just needed a refresh - definitely v2.5 that I'm running.

In the end, I decided to turn the fault frequency down from standard to low just to give myself a fighting chance. First race (Canada), no problems. Second race (France), I had a gearbox issue and ended up falling from 1st to 4th. My gearbox wear was only 50% when it decided to play up for a lap or 2. All other components were somewhere between 10-50% as well.
Do you get the DRS failures around the same time in most races?

have released a new version for 100% races, the chance of failures reduced massively.
I think I understand the DRS failure, its done using chance that increases over distance. So in vanilla there is a 0% chance at the start and then it increases as you drive. 100% race means increased distance so the chance in the 2nd half of the race would be higher than anyone doing 50% races would see.
I have changed it to a flat 1% chance it will ever happen, at anytime in the race

Do you get the DRS failures around the same time in most races?
Great thanks. No, surprisingly DRS is not a major problem - it was in Bahrain when DRS would have won me the race but I lost it race lap 2 all the way to the flag.

The bigger problem is the gearbox - gears just keep getting jammed. As I mentioned earlier, I went through 6 gearboxes in a 16 race season, and I'm already moving onto gearbox 3 in just my 7th race of the new season. It's almost as if once my gearbox wear hits close to 50%, stuck gears is just a thing.

Great, will download it and give you some feedback once it approaches close to 50% wear.

One other interesting point that I noted is my gearbox wear seemed to get higher as I went through the seasons (currently on S5). Before I would average around 15-20% per race; I don't excessively rev the engine unless I'm intentionally pushing, and I try to limit P3 laps and also quali laps. I could definitely get 5 races out of the engine, maybe 6 if I accepted lower power.

As I went through the seasons, I noticed that I was starting to hit closer to 25% per race, which is why I could only really get 2 races on each gearbox before the jamming started. So it will be interesting now that I have a fresh gearbox how it works. My car is fully maxed out with all upgrades, bar one engine upgrade.

Or Codies have messed up the code and as you progress through the game, the wear factors are out of sync.

yeah, i know lots of people having issues with the R&D once its maxed out. Been the case for last few years of games I think.
Perhaps try a single race in GP to compare, would be interesting if you get no problems at all

Hi Andy

Feedback since the last time:

3 races (Austria, Silverstone, Zandvoort), no issues whatsoever. Gears didn't jam, DRS didn't stick, the whole thing was perfectly fine.

I took the gearbox to 59% and then swapped it out for a new one because I didn't want to take any risks heading into Zandvoort, even then it was fine. Also wear has significantly reduced, the whole of P3 + Quali + Race in Zandvoort only cost me 13% gearbox wear (it used to be circa 19-25% per race). All in all, I feel like I'm no longer driving a car made of glass.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back