F1 2020 Work-In-Progress Thread

So I did decide to chase up that AMR idea after all. Please note the black is merely a place holder until I figure out what to do with it:
432.png

Thanks Henky!

I actually don't like Mudbox. ;) IMHO ZBrush is far superior. :p Both would have been ideal choices for doing this, but alas, in this instance I opted to use neither.

Cheers

Oh! It kinda looks like Mudbox though doesn't it? Haha! I just realized that. ;) I have a custom Photoshop interface to make it look nicer. I don't like the default grid or the white background.

Cheers

First off... a thank you to @MrTheRacer and @Steven Poirier for your feedback. Also a massive thanks to @jburon72 without whose files I would not be able to accomplish any of this!

I finally was able to get my first mod into the game! :thumbsup: Thanks to everyone here for posting videos and running into all the problems I would eventually run into. More importantly thanks for posting the solutions, so that I didn't have to ask the same questions all over again. ;) This was actually a lot of fun, and now I have a bunch of new ideas to bring to fruition. I still have some tweaks for this livery, but I could probably tinker with this forever, and I'm already focusing on some new ideas. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

MyTeamTwo.png

MyTeamOne.png
Race.One.png
Race.Two.png

First off... a thank you to @MrTheRacer and @Steven Poirier for your feedback. Also a massive thanks to @jburon72 without whose files I would not be able to accomplish any of this!

I finally was able to get my first mod into the game! :thumbsup: Thanks to everyone here for posting videos and running into all the problems I would eventually run into. More importantly thanks for posting the solutions, so that I didn't have to ask the same questions all over again. ;) This was actually a lot of fun, and now I have a bunch of new ideas to bring to fruition. I still have some tweaks for this livery, but I could probably tinker with this forever, and I'm already focusing on some new ideas. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

View attachment 399365
View attachment 399366View attachment 399367View attachment 399368
Look sharp, wich '' effect did you use '' on spec map

A very slow and early W.I.P.

The livery is in 8K to help with blurry sponsors on halo and headrest.

I didn't notice a drop in performance with the 8K livery it seem to work fine but I have a 1080ti so I dont know with a lower graphic cards. I will include the 4k and 8k Livery just to make sure.

Triple Porsche Martini Pack!:D Credits to Sean Bull for the livery inspiration!
Martini_White.jpg
Martini_Black.jpg
Martini_Grey.jpg

Now I have to paint a triple pack of drivers and team gear, the nightmare isn't over!:roflmao:

Last edited:

I didn't notice a drop in performance with the 8K livery it seem to work fine but I have a 1080ti so I dont know with a lower graphic cards. I will include the 4k and 8k Livery just to make sure.

Triple Porsche Martini Pack!:D View attachment 399408View attachment 399409View attachment 399410
Now I have to paint a triple pack of drivers and team gear, the nightmare isn't over!:roflmao:

Awesome job, mate!

Triple Porsche Martini Pack!:D View attachment 399408View attachment 399409View attachment 399410
Wow looks amazing.
Someone should give you a porsche in real life cause it seems you love them soo much lolm

I see we are on same note here View attachment Nissan.png

Cheers!

View attachment 399365
View attachment 399366View attachment 399367View attachment 399368
This looks great only one thing, the logos on nose look too big imo, it looks busy maybe making them smaller and having more distance between might be better ?

Oh! It kinda looks like Mudbox though doesn't it? Haha! I just realized that. ;) I have a custom Photoshop interface to make it look nicer. I don't like the default grid or the white background.

Cheers
yeah i thought it's Mudbox at first. but realised that Mudbox is supposed to have a bluish thing on UV surface :D but looking on your Spidey web i was assuming it's achiveable to get a seamless level of merged texture on any 3D sculpting software like Mudbox or Substance. as in 3D Photoshop you need to get it tidy manually first as it'll be broken if you do a direct merge down :D

Oh Lol That was on my list to do :D . Not the exact same but close. Ive seen your resources couples weeks ago and I was sure that you was going to convert your Assetto Corsa Mobil 1 Porsche into F1 Game:p. I guess the next one to do a nice Porsche will be Peter Roche Racing;)

Great Job Henky SA I love it!
if you want to adopt it i can supply you any details you need :thumbsup:
i did it by request of someone for a chassis swap testbed but met a much problematic headache level of issue like disappearing LOD etc. so i'm still keeping it (the livery) but have no will to continue working on it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 51 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 83 59.3%