F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Hello i want know how can i make this look on helmet in game mean that mirrored gold color. Iam not expert in PS so idk these things
Dsn6KXlX4AAcct0.jpg

So I've been having a bug/glitch/issue lately where unless I'm not using mods that alter track signage (or lately add more DRS zones), whenever I cross the finish line, the game endlessly drives the car around on a never-ending cooldown lap. Any quick fixes that might fix this?

The game seems to work without issue with only my modded My Team career scheme or modded official team schemes installed, but I'd rather for immersion's sake have the modded signage as well.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to find the equal car performance settings/.vtf file? Trying to figure out how to take those settings and mod them into my fom My Team Car.

Color patch out of place.png

So I finished my new livery and stumbled across this colored patch which is just out of place.
But I can't seem to figure out what part of jburons template it is.

Does anyone know what area of jburons car-livery photoshop template this is?

Hey all,

I'm a beginner and I tried to install a McLaren Vodafone livery for myteam, where I just add my social media tags to the halo. I have managed to make it work so far, with my changes appearing ingame but I'm currently encountering a problem.

Since the car is a Vodafone McLaren, the livery is supposed to be chrome. Whilst I know that there's no way to make your car perfectly chrome it should be possible to a certain extent.

The original mod does that but when I export the textures from the mod's ERP file and put it into the game again, the car loses all the chrome and just appears grey. Also the sponsor logos seem to have a weird white texture around them (See the Mercedes logo on the bottom image).

20210118094817_1.jpg
20210118094823_1.jpg

In the comparison you can see that the original livery looks the way it should, whilst mine looks weird.

I'm aware that the colour comes from the _s.tif.dds which leads me to believe that something's off with that file. So far I haven't been able to find out what could be causing the error since I was able to load it correctly in the ERP Archiver with the changes being visible.

Of course you could just say that I should leave it and forget about my social media handles which would actually be okay for me but here's the next problem:

Since the servers are down right now, I can't even select the RaceNet livery (which the original car is based on). I only managed to get the livery in game by changing the name of the modded McLaren livery to the 70 year anniversary livery and replacing that.

Maybe that's where the problem is but is there more that has to be done to get a livery ingame than just replacing the existing _d.tif.dds and _s.tif.dds?

If anyone has encountered a similar problem I'd love to help share solutions as soon as I get to the bottom of it.
I'd also be available to discuss this on discord since that would probably be easier than a lengthy text instruction.

Thanks in advance!

Is there out there a good soul up to teach me how to setup a copy paste mod ready to install? :D i'm asking a lot so thanks a lot in advance to anyone! I can provide skinning skills for that!!

There's not a lot to it but can be a bit tedious, you basically have to copy every file you have edited whilst maintaining the directory structure, i generally do one folder at a time, copying the name of the original folder and then paste that into a new folder, helps to have 2 explorer windows open, source on the left side of the screen and right for the target.

Any image files you have changed will be in the 2020_asset_groups folder, the mippaps will be in a folder off the main f1 2020 root folder. the car textures for example will be in

..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2020\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\textures\liveries

I find easiest to sort by modified date/time to make sure i have selected the right files.

As i say it's a bit tedious, but as yet can't think of a better way

Guys, I have a question regarding MyTeam to you and the answer will decide how I need to remap my fom swap numbers' structure (or maybe the MyTeam template for compatibility's sake):

in Myteam, will a real F1 driver's number become available to the player if the F1 driver retires?

e.g. at the beginning you cannot select 44, what if Hamilton retires in the career, will you be able to select 44 as your number or does the number stay hidden/locked?

After the 1.15 update, and reinstallation of my mods, it is no longer possible to open the Podiumpass.
A text appears: Check permissions ".
The screen remains blank. Why could this be.
Thanks for answering my question.:cool:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back