F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

wanna ask something

i do livery to someone & when he install it, everything is fine until he is running on practice for quite a long time or any particular customizastion menu, his game crashed.

is texture compression type maybe one of the cause related to the game crash?

Hello everybody. I don't know if I'm right here with my request. I would like to play two different MyTeam careers, with the old teams Jordan and Jaguar. For both teams I could already download the right skin mods here, but in the game I only have one skin that I can select. My question would now be whether it is possible to use ingame multiple skins and if so how can I do this via the Copy pase installation? Because over the copy pase it seems as if a skin packet is always overwritten so that I can only play with one skin.

Thanks for Help and sorry for my bad English

You can put one skin on the racenet car and the other on the 70th anniversary car, but you'll have to do it manually using the ego erp archiver

Hello all. I am wondering if modding can help to overcome the known MyTeam glitch when you change engine supplier between seasons?

I did check the carmodel.json for the MyTeam car in ERP, and the line for the car audio does show the Merc engine, however the engine audio in-game is still that of Honda, which I ran in my first season. Any help would be appreciated.

Is anyone else having issues with Photoshop not saving progress? I'll press save and everything and next time I open up the document it'll be some previous iteration of what I was working on. Just lost an hour of applying a big decal to that.

Also, is there a fast/easy way to align a big decal across multiple body panels?

I'm having issues getting my custom livery to show up in MyTeam. I've replaced the liveries with the fom_car and the 4 my_team engine manufacturer folders.

I replaced it with the Racenet livery and I can get it to show up in the standard "Main Menu > Customization" livery selection, but once I open MyTeam and go to Customization and select the same "Racenet" livery, it is the original one - not the custom one. It doesn't appear the custom livery came with an _m or _s file though. So that might be why?

What am I missing?

Last edited:
to add onto these specular maps, if you like a certain finish on a car, go to the cars specular. so like, mercedes specular is pink, and match that. its a good reference for what it would look like.

i was wondering if anyone could help me- I can get my custom livery in-game, but it appears all black (I know the livery is in the game because I can see the outlines of areas that are matte compared to metallic), thx

i was wondering if anyone could help me- I can get my custom livery in-game, but it appears all black (I know the livery is in the game because I can see the outlines of areas that are matte compared to metallic), thx
It's the masking file (_m file). Assuming you have the Ego ERP Archiver, just export one of the _m file from the special liveries (F170, Racenet, Schumacher liveries) and use that one.

If you want to take the long way and create your own, you HAVE to make sure that it has an alpha channel, and that all 5 channels (RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) are black. Then it HAS to be saved as -
Texture Type: Color+Alpha
Compression: BC7 8bpp (Any of this type).

If you don't save with these settings, it will make the car show black.

Are there still people looking for the on car sponsor replacements?
They've been located (the game.dat file I think), they're just encrypted and we can't access them currently.

Wondering if anyone can help me?

Trying to edit my team's race wear. The file is showing fine in ERP but when in the game, I can see the original polo shirt under the one I put into the game

It's the masking file (_m file). Assuming you have the Ego ERP Archiver, just export one of the _m file from the special liveries (F170, Racenet, Schumacher liveries) and use that one.

If you want to take the long way and create your own, you HAVE to make sure that it has an alpha channel, and that all 5 channels (RGB, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) are black. Then it HAS to be saved as -
Texture Type: Color+Alpha
Compression: BC7 8bpp (Any of this type).

If you don't save with these settings, it will make the car show black.

Do you happen to know why a custom livery would show up in the main Customization menu but not show up in MyTeam? My custom livery shows up in the main menu but in MyTeam the default Racenet livery shows up (the livery I replaced).

I replaced the textures with the fomcar and all 4 engine manufacturers. I'm stumped.

Hi everyone, I wanted to modify a Renault's car sponsor (a decal_da file) for my career mod but i don't know with which one Texture Type, Compression and MipMaps, I need to save on Photoshop with the plugin Intel Texture Work ?

I tried different settings and i don't know why but it always had black or white above sponsors and in game it's just weird and it's lagging

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the myteam_ pitstop_gantry file is located. I’ve created one and can‘t find where it goes and I don‘t see it in the pitstop.erp file

EDIT: Found it and it is in the pitstop.erp file (pitstop_gantry_a_da.tif)

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the myteam_ pitstop_gantry file is located. I’ve created one and can‘t find where it goes and I don‘t see it in the pitstop.erp file

EDIT: Found it and it is in the pitstop.erp file (pitstop_gantry_a_da.tif)

I've tinkered with them successfully myself now, along with the monitors and screens too during practice and quali (so now the right screen is branded rather than just showing the F1 logo). At the moment not at home to do so, but I'll pop a video up when I'm back as once you find the files they are relatively easy to tinker with

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back