F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone know where the garage_livery file is located? I’ve done a mod on the 3D model but no idea where the file to replaced can be found. Thanks in advance

Hi guys I have a strange issue
I downloaded the Porsche 99X hybrid my team mod but the skin is blur in the game while my other liverys are fine
Please reply and help me

Hi guys I have a strange issue
I downloaded the Porsche 99X hybrid my team mod but the skin is blur in the game while my other liverys are fine
Please reply and help me
I suggest verify game files and reinstall all mods. It happened to me before that's how I fixed, sometimes mod files overwrite them and textures can get weird.

With the template from jburon72, you have to remove the diffuse map that is in the photoshop file.
  • Remove the texture from the model, and create a new diffuse texture (sized 4096x4096).

• Go back to 'Layers' and then paste in your Smart Object or other image you want to put on the car. It'll add it as a separate layer in the overall file.
    View attachment 393572

• Position your 3D view to locate the image on the car where you want (since it locks its position on the screen even when rotating the view).
    View attachment 393573

• Merge your 2D layer with the 3D layer. You have to create the new diffuse in the first step because the template as-is doesn't allow editing in 3D view.
    View attachment 393574

• Edit your diffuse map to check that it was applied correctly.
    View attachment 393575
This method works with the template - if you create an image this way and re-open the jburon72 template, you can paste this in from the texture created (last screenshot) and it is applied to the wireframe correctly (this isn't necessary to create your texture, just noting that it should translate to the game correctly).
Okay so I found out I absolutely need this method to do my next livery but Im stuck right at the start, how do I delete the texture and create a new diffuse map? Im not that good with ps so i dont really know how its done, could you please explain?

So today i just found out that Selfmade Helmets via Ego ERP Archiver are working fine in Multiplayer. Now i'm curious if Modding on Car Skins and Real Driver Helmets Suits etc works in Multiplayer too. My Question know, is it possible? If not what happens? Worst Case scenario Game Crash?

Here is the issue im having:

I made few liveries and Im trying to do more with specular maps, on the racenet livery that i replaced it works fine, but i tried it on f170 and its not working. Anything but red color in specular turns to black in game:

1597925811015.png

And here it is replacing the racenet livery (working as it should):
2020.08.20-14.12.png

And here it is replacing the anniversary livery, here comes the problem where any specular color but red, turns to black inside the game:
2020.08.20-14.12_01.png

I discovered this issue while doing another livery, but then went and uploaded the same one to both because thats the best way to compare, same .dds files, same everything, no differences, except their result in the game.

Does the anniversary livery not support metallic, satin and other finishes? What am I doing wrong? I would love if someone could hint at solution or just tell me if its even possible to get it working, thanks in advance !!!

Here is the issue im having:

I made few liveries and Im trying to do more with specular maps, on the racenet livery that i replaced it works fine, but i tried it on f170 and its not working. Anything but red color in specular turns to black in game:

View attachment 399768
And here it is replacing the racenet livery (working as it should):
View attachment 399769
And here it is replacing the anniversary livery, here comes the problem where any specular color but red, turns to black inside the game:
View attachment 399770

I discovered this issue while doing another livery, but then went and uploaded the same one to both because thats the best way to compare, same .dds files, same everything, no differences, except their result in the game.

Does the anniversary livery not support metallic, satin and other finishes? What am I doing wrong? I would love if someone could hint at solution or just tell me if its even possible to get it working, thanks in advance !!!
I think you find the pain i had with blue channel on f170 livery i was wtf some are able to use mettalic and chrome but not me

I think you find the pain i had with blue channel on f170 livery i was wtf some are able to use mettalic and chrome but not me
Im trying some stuff and it just doesnt work, only red channel works for me it seems with f170, racenet doesnt have that problem at all? Would something like reinstalling the game work? im not really sure what can be done about this if anything...

So I've made my own helmet in photoshop, and have done the thing with the bright green to make it more shiny, but the helmet appears really dark/dull in game. I've saved everything in photoshop as colour, and BC1 4BPP (sRGB DX10+) what am I doing wrong?

So I've made my own helmet in photoshop, and have done the thing with the bright green to make it more shiny, but the helmet appears really dark/dull in game. I've saved everything in photoshop as colour, and BC1 4BPP (sRGB DX10+) what am I doing wrong?

Green is matte. You have to go for orange if you want a shiny helmet.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.8%