F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles

Misc F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles Update 14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did a lot of tests as I wanted to feel the differences between the lift and drag values. First of all I really am enjoying this mod with lift 1.7 and drag 0.85. I tried lift 1.3 and drag 0.7 to have less downforce than the mod but still more compared to the original game 0.95 (?) one and I was not so satisfied as in my opinion the slipstreaming is way overpowered by lowering the drag and this made heavy breaking more difficult after long straight especially when following other cars. Today I will try the drag to 0.8 instead of 0.85 just to have that bit more of top speed in a straight line, and will lower the lift from 1.7 to 1.6 or 1.5 just for the downforce not to be that too much.
I also tried the advice for a realistic version of it by having the lift to 0.8 and the drag to 0.7 but enpowering dirty air even more made the game less fin, I think I will make a realistic version of this by setting the lift to the original value as in my opinion in the original game you can feel the dirty air more than 2019 but I will lower the drag a bit as slipstreaming is not powerful enough!

Did a lot of tests as I wanted to feel the differences between the lift and drag values. First of all I really am enjoying this mod with lift 1.7 and drag 0.85. I tried lift 1.3 and drag 0.7 to have less downforce than the mod but still more compared to the original game 0.95 (?) one and I was not so satisfied as in my opinion the slipstreaming is way overpowered by lowering the drag and this made heavy breaking more difficult after long straight especially when following other cars. Today I will try the drag to 0.8 instead of 0.85 just to have that bit more of top speed in a straight line, and will lower the lift from 1.7 to 1.6 or 1.5 just for the downforce not to be that too much.
I also tried the advice for a realistic version of it by having the lift to 0.8 and the drag to 0.7 but enpowering dirty air even more made the game less fin, I think I will make a realistic version of this by setting the lift to the original value as in my opinion in the original game you can feel the dirty air more than 2019 but I will lower the drag a bit as slipstreaming is not powerful enough!
Thank you for biggest feedback :thumbsup:

Update: now I have 2 versions of this. The 1st one with lift 1,5 keeps the wheel to wheel battles but the downforce when following feels just the right bit less over the top compared to 1.7. Drag to 0.82 feels good as you can really feel the slipstream and try to catch the vacuum of the car in front. The second version is realistic with lift at 0.85 and drag at 0.83, yet to test but I think you will have the same amount of dirty air as in the original game but more slipstreaming in a straight line.

I already installed the mod, and yes I have many more battles, but running a full race (100%) only 9 out of 22 cars finished the race. I used the realistic damage option, but I don't know if the "Vehicle damage" option should be set to ...? (reduced, complete or simulation)

In case you need to know, I'm playing at 83% and none of the multiple crash was with my car

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I already installed the mod, and yes I have many more battles, but running a full race (100%) only 9 out of 22 cars finished the race. I used the realistic damage option, but I don't know if the "Vehicle damage" option should be set to ...? (reduced, complete or simulation)

In case you need to know, I'm playing at 83% and none of the multiple crash was with my car

Thanks in advance
You can use any option. If you feel that there are too much crashes, then reduce damage option or reinstall without realistic damage.

Hi, is it possible to use this mod and the Failures and puncture mod? Been reading and it says change the xml file but its not an xml, its a erp and i have no idea on how to do that

Hi, is it possible to use this mod and the Failures and puncture mod? Been reading and it says change the xml file but its not an xml, its a erp and i have no idea on how to do that

Open the ERP file with the program EGO ERP archive. Then select xml file and click export. Save the XML file in VTF format and you will be able to edit in a text program, even basic block notes. Edit the desired lines, save and import back in ERP to enjoy your custom performance mod

• Deleted member 1031992

Mod updated for F1 Performance Templates [Modular Mods]
1617870433125.png

Link for download: https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/XLGtTfVY/file.html

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 1031992

What is this exactly. Does this help the process? Dont know what to actually change.
It means you can modify any livery and the performance (so the drag effect) will stay the same

I have a really weird issue. I used this mod for quite some and everything was good - the battles all over the place. Then I reset all the game files cause I wanted to remove some helmet textures that I used. I installed this mod again using copy-paste (I dont't use any livery mod) and the gameplay is totally different than before. No matter the track, during the race the drivers gather in a 2-3 cars groups scattered accross the track, they dont overtake - they dont even fight. The 2 cars can spend 20+ laps 0.2s apart from each other, without any single attack or defence movement. At the same time they slipstream the hell out of me to the point where I can't defend from a Haas car, while driving alpha tauri on my competitive AI level. I reset the files multiple times, also tried installing the mod maunally, but nothing works. What the hell is happening?

I have a really weird issue. I used this mod for quite some and everything was good - the battles all over the place. Then I reset all the game files cause I wanted to remove some helmet textures that I used. I installed this mod again using copy-paste (I dont't use any livery mod) and the gameplay is totally different than before. No matter the track, during the race the drivers gather in a 2-3 cars groups scattered accross the track, they dont overtake - they dont even fight. The 2 cars can spend 20+ laps 0.2s apart from each other, without any single attack or defence movement. At the same time they slipstream the hell out of me to the point where I can't defend from a Haas car, while driving alpha tauri on my competitive AI level. I reset the files multiple times, also tried installing the mod maunally, but nothing works. What the hell is happening?
:O_o: I have no idea.

Something similar is happening to me, it seems that suddenly the AI is waaay too strong under slipstream while I am struggling to take full advantage of it while following. Do you also use the puncture mod?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.