F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles

Misc F1 2020 Improved dirty air for more battles Update 14

Login or Register an account to download this content
can i use it with "Performance mod by Snad'Zo" or what lines I need to replace to make them work together?
The other guy has already made this combination:

If you check this mod's overview-page, you will surely notice the information you are looking for. If you click the right spoiler button, that is.
so... i should replace default lines with "dirty air" lines, placing them into the XML file of every team. Am I get it right?

The other guy has already made this combination:
But he didn't update it for 1.15 as he does not see any further need to it, he said.

Well, then, if someone installs his mod and tries to enable new skins for "MyTeam" added in patch 1.15, then there may be a crash or something else, because Codies change "MyTeam" files with each patch.
all works fine thanks. Not to the mod but to the game. Car feels like a brick. I came from Assetto Corsa and after RSS 2020 F1 from Codemasters feels like... well lets say NOT REALISTIC AT ALL. Very painful to drive a car with has the same amount of downforce no matter what speed you have, 0 feeling of a rear part of the car when you pushing the throttle a bit too hard and it snaps, you just have to learn when it happened not feel. Ill give several more tries to this game a bit later but... its really awful

Hey Strongestfish, Mod looks really cool and i will try it out today. I've been looking for ways to make 25% races more fun and I think you mod will help greatly. Thanks! :)

I noticed in one of the reviews for your mod the following question and answer. I've been trying to increase tyre wear without succes until now. Can you tell me where I can find the file to change the value?
Knipsel.PNG

Last edited:
all works fine thanks. Not to the mod but to the game. Car feels like a brick. I came from Assetto Corsa and after RSS 2020 F1 from Codemasters feels like... well lets say NOT REALISTIC AT ALL. Very painful to drive a car with has the same amount of downforce no matter what speed you have, 0 feeling of a rear part of the car when you pushing the throttle a bit too hard and it snaps, you just have to learn when it happened not feel. Ill give several more tries to this game a bit later but... its really awful
It's just simcade for casual players, not a sim. I play on keyboard in Codemasters F1's and Assetto Corsa F1 mods and happy enough.

Hey Strongestfish, Mod looks really cool and i will try it out today. I've been looking for ways to make 25% races more fun and I think you mod will help greatly. Thanks! :)

I noticed in one of the reviews for your mod the following question and answer. I've been trying to increase tyre wear without succes until now. Can you tell me where I can find the file to change the value?View attachment 441196
Open folder with Xml's for manual installation with text editor(Notepad or Notepad++), find this line(for front & rear), set to 2.4 or 2.35, and import into erp files as described in instruction about manual installation under "spoiler" button on mod description page.
Also i recommend change this line(for front & rear):
<PunctureWearMin value="0.750000" />
It means that when tyre have 75%+ wear, then a puncture may occur. Better to make it bigger, for example 95% (0.95 number).

Hahaha! This is great, thank you so much!

I had a go and tried it out. Just had an incredible race. High-deg tyres + the slipstream make the races so much more enjoyable.

I only seem to have messed up with HAAS. They managed to do a 0-stop and finish the race 1-2. I wil try to change those files again.

Amazing! This really makes every race interesting! One question though, is it possible to add these edited lines into Modular Mods system?
import the dirty air files into the modular mods performance_myteam and performance_f1_teams erps. the modular vtfs are basically default so you can export those and open each in notepad and replace the lines. so you can activate more than one performance mod at a time like dirty and damage

Last edited:
Not sure, I think I changed the DRS angle to be realistic (cosmetics) and the steerout spline for better handling ;-) but that should be in the description. Anyway, true, you can edit those files aaaaall day long ^^
ohh, didn't know that. we're talking about the raw default files right?

Last edited:
ohh, didn't know that. we're talking about the raw default files right?
Yes.
Code:
    <DRSRotationAngleRadians value="1.0" />
    <DRSOpenCloseSpeed value="10.0" />
Code:
  <F1Assists>
    <SteerOutRateVSSpeedSpline numVertices="8">
      <SplineElement x="0.000000" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="15" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="30.000000" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="45" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="59.5" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="75" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="90" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="130" y="1.0" op="=" />

Yes.
Code:
    <DRSRotationAngleRadians value="1.0" />
    <DRSOpenCloseSpeed value="10.0" />
Code:
  <F1Assists>
    <SteerOutRateVSSpeedSpline numVertices="8">
      <SplineElement x="0.000000" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="15" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="30.000000" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="45" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="59.5" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="75" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="90" y="1.0" op="=" />
      <SplineElement x="130" y="1.0" op="=" />
i will keep a copy of these for personal use haha. do you drive/race on a wheel?

do you drive/race on a wheel?
No, PS4 gamepad. That's exactly why I changed these. By default one is not even able to steer left/right like they do in inlaps in real F1. The spline was just a quick fire and go, all set to 1. But I like it, it is not oversteer but not as much forced understeer as it comes by default.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.