F1 2020 | Check Out Barcelona-Catalunya in New F1 2020 Video

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
I am surprised they are asking top price at launch this year, I expect a big and quick price drop.

That says a lot to the monstrosity that was the Vietnam circuit.
Buy it from cdkeys and its basically half the price anyway.

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
Must be hard for codemasters to dump some money into laser-scanning all the tracks...this is probably the first time in 10 years they have actually updated their recycled handdrawn tracks.
Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.

Bjay_23

50RPM
Jun 13, 2017
hello guys, another video check out of Barcelona with Carlos Sainz has just come out.
I noticed that the wheel is the same as that of the video of a week ago with Verstappen in Zandvoort.
I hope it is really still work in progress otherwise I will have to cancel the order already made.
never ever preorder anyways, especially not if its a Codemasters game

Reactions: F1Aussie

TTM75

100RPM
Sep 29, 2010
Another year and a "new game". Codemasters should create one F1 game and add new features/updates to engine every year and add a new seasons as DLC. ...But probably they can't do it, because of the offical licence, which requires a "new game" every year.

Jacka96

1RPM
Premium
Aug 18, 2018
Hmm that view inside the cockpit seems a lot lower than usual, so much can be added/achieved with F1 but they always seem to do the minimum every year.

Still at least you can create your own car on the Grid this year.

Nick Hill

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
No one:
Codemasters: »Hey, check out Barcelona, one of the most boring tracks in the world!«
I have to disagree. I think the track gets a bad reputation as "boring" because the F1 races there have been very boring...but I think that has more to do with the current nature of F1 cars than the track itself.

From a hotlapping perspective, I think the track is a lot of fun and a big challenge. I realize I'm risking trashing my (virtual) reputation for all eternity with what I'm about to say, but here goes anyways...from a pure driving experience, I don't think there is a big difference between this track and Spa. Note I didn't say "Spain is just as good as Spa!" No way, Spa is iconic and one of my all time favorite tracks...I just think don't think Barcelona deserves the "boring" label (at least not without qualifiers).

Jacka96

1RPM
Premium
Aug 18, 2018
Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.
Don't Rfactor 2 have like 3 laser scanned tracks?

poor tbh, fair enough its hard to scan 20, but not even 1 is a bit pathetic.

Jacka96

1RPM
Premium
Aug 18, 2018
I have to disagree. I think the track gets a bad reputation as "boring" because the F1 races there have been very boring...but I think that has more to do with the current nature of F1 cars than the track itself.

From a hotlapping perspective, I think the track is a lot of fun and a big challenge. I realize I'm risking trashing my (virtual) reputation for all eternity with what I'm about to say, but here goes anyways...from a pure driving experience, I don't think there is a big difference between this track and Spa. Note I didn't say "Spain is just as good as Spa!" No way, Spa is iconic and one of my all time favorite tracks...I just think don't think Barcelona deserves the "boring" label (at least not without qualifiers).
It's mostly boring because they test at this circuit during winter. It's a good track just have all the data they need for it unless it rains. Hence why its boring for most people, however saying that i do not like watching it and until recently didn't really like racing on it as i was hot garbage.

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
Don't Rfactor 2 have like 3 laser scanned tracks?

poor tbh, fair enough its hard to scan 20, but not even 1 is a bit pathetic.
But its not. If they announce they are laser scanning only a handful of tracks ingame then you end up with people moaning because they all arent. They can never win.

Reactions: Ole Andreasen

Jacka96

1RPM
Premium
Aug 18, 2018
But its not. If they announce they are laser scanning only a handful of tracks ingame then you end up with people moaning because they all arent. They can never win.
it's better than 0 though. Yes someones fav silverstone is scanned but that persons montreal isnt. sometimes you have to make do with what you get. And 1 is better than 0

Reactions: Col_ed_Viân

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013

Barcelona was much better without the tight chicane at the end. Nevertheless, compared to many other tracks in the F1 schedule it's a very dull track, only Sochi and Paul Ricard are worse imo.

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
it's better than 0 though. Yes someones fav silverstone is scanned but that persons montreal isnt. sometimes you have to make do with what you get. And 1 is better than 0
Well then people should make do with the fact that none of them are laser scanned. I dont see the issue with the tracks as they are. Unless you drive round the real things hundreds of times and know exactly how the track feels to drive in real life then really dont see why it would bother you.

Reactions: morsify

dcully

250RPM
Jun 22, 2008
LMAO @ that cockpit view @ 39 seconds.
Codies still cant make a proper cockpit view.

Nick Hill

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
Barcelona was much better without the tight chicane at the end. Nevertheless, compared to many other tracks in the F1 schedule it's a very dull track, only Sochi and Paul Ricard are worse imo.
Ha, I like Paul Ricard too! That probably gives you some context on how warped my track opinions are! :D

Sochi sucks though. No argument there.

• Haha
Reactions: F_B

marcos1988

25RPM
Premium
Aug 21, 2018
I'll probably buy a next gen console for this,... And a wireless controller... So I can smash it in my tv :devilish: