F1 2020 F1 2020 | Check Out Barcelona-Catalunya in New F1 2020 Video

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new gameplay video from the upcoming F1 2020 racing game - showing a lap onboard Carlos Sainz's McLaren Renault around the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in game.

The Barcelona venue, one of the more popular and widely used tracks within the Formula One calendar, should have played host to the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend. Sadly we all know the story with real world motorsport in the current world health landscape, so to ease some of the pain, Codemasters have revealed their first in game footage from the Spanish track in F1 2020.

According to the press release from Codemasters, the track has been amended slightly based on driver feedback, with the closing sector of the lap have been adjusted to offer more realistic elevation changes around turn 13 and 14, bringing the circuit more closely aligned with it's real world counterpart.

F1 2020 will release on Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and PC this July.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Barcelona 2.jpg

Must be hard for codemasters to dump some money into laser-scanning all the tracks...this is probably the first time in 10 years they have actually updated their recycled handdrawn tracks.

Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.

hello guys, another video check out of Barcelona with Carlos Sainz has just come out.
I noticed that the wheel is the same as that of the video of a week ago with Verstappen in Zandvoort.
I hope it is really still work in progress otherwise I will have to cancel the order already made.

never ever preorder anyways, especially not if its a Codemasters game

Hmm that view inside the cockpit seems a lot lower than usual, so much can be added/achieved with F1 but they always seem to do the minimum every year.

Still at least you can create your own car on the Grid this year.

No one:
Codemasters: »Hey, check out Barcelona, one of the most boring tracks in the world!«

I have to disagree. I think the track gets a bad reputation as "boring" because the F1 races there have been very boring...but I think that has more to do with the current nature of F1 cars than the track itself.

From a hotlapping perspective, I think the track is a lot of fun and a big challenge. I realize I'm risking trashing my (virtual) reputation for all eternity with what I'm about to say, but here goes anyways...from a pure driving experience, I don't think there is a big difference between this track and Spa. Note I didn't say "Spain is just as good as Spa!" No way, Spa is iconic and one of my all time favorite tracks...I just think don't think Barcelona deserves the "boring" label (at least not without qualifiers).

Not being funny but the time, money, travel involved in laser scanning 20 circuits, some of which arent there all year round isnt possible in the time frame of development that they have. However the tracks are done for non laser scanned circuits they look good. People get too used to having laser scanned things then act like they're entitled to them.
Don't Rfactor 2 have like 3 laser scanned tracks?

poor tbh, fair enough its hard to scan 20, but not even 1 is a bit pathetic.

I have to disagree. I think the track gets a bad reputation as "boring" because the F1 races there have been very boring...but I think that has more to do with the current nature of F1 cars than the track itself.

From a hotlapping perspective, I think the track is a lot of fun and a big challenge. I realize I'm risking trashing my (virtual) reputation for all eternity with what I'm about to say, but here goes anyways...from a pure driving experience, I don't think there is a big difference between this track and Spa. Note I didn't say "Spain is just as good as Spa!" No way, Spa is iconic and one of my all time favorite tracks...I just think don't think Barcelona deserves the "boring" label (at least not without qualifiers).

It's mostly boring because they test at this circuit during winter. It's a good track just have all the data they need for it unless it rains. Hence why its boring for most people, however saying that i do not like watching it and until recently didn't really like racing on it as i was hot garbage.

Barcelona was much better without the tight chicane at the end. Nevertheless, compared to many other tracks in the F1 schedule it's a very dull track, only Sochi and Paul Ricard are worse imo.

it's better than 0 though. Yes someones fav silverstone is scanned but that persons montreal isnt. sometimes you have to make do with what you get. And 1 is better than 0

Well then people should make do with the fact that none of them are laser scanned. I dont see the issue with the tracks as they are. Unless you drive round the real things hundreds of times and know exactly how the track feels to drive in real life then really dont see why it would bother you.

Barcelona was much better without the tight chicane at the end. Nevertheless, compared to many other tracks in the F1 schedule it's a very dull track, only Sochi and Paul Ricard are worse imo.

Ha, I like Paul Ricard too! That probably gives you some context on how warped my track opinions are! :D

Sochi sucks though. No argument there.

• Haha
Reactions: F_B

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline