F1 2019 "ALWAYS UP TO DATE"| SashaF1Game x TCK MODDER x jburon72

Misc F1 2019 "ALWAYS UP TO DATE"| SashaF1Game x TCK MODDER x jburon72 Hungary 1.00

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Deleted member 408599

Will there be problems with the V 1.07?

• Deleted member 408599

Any problems with the V 1.08? Need to be reinstalled? Awesome job. A greeting ;)

As far as the Toro Rosso livery ( which got wiped and mashed by the patch ) goes there's good news and bad news post patch 1.08 . I've managed to merge Sasha's mod ( paint files and decals ) with the post patch original files ( again paint files and decals ) with a bit of copy , paste and jiggery pokery so the Moose logos etc are combined with the added drink logos on the rear wing and the ptt lubricants decals have again been erased ( which Codies added in the patch and have been removed in real life ) . And if Sasha doesn't mind I can send him the files somehow if he lets me know where . But here comes the downer . Codies , in their infinite wisdom have remapped how the car textures are displayed so everything's fine on the right side of the car , but now not only is the Moose logo mirrored on the rear of the car it's also now mirrored on the left hand side nose of the car even though I've copied the Moose logos of Sasha's exactly the same onto the paint texture . Well done Codies :thumbsdown: . Still , I think it looks better than having no logos on the sides of the nose at all . Postpatchpaint.png Mirroredunfortunately.png Rightsiderearwinglogos.png Leftsiderearwinglogos.png

I'll only release these if either Sasha adds it to his own file here or if he wants me to release it separate as it's actually mainly his work under the hood but just modified to work post patch . So please dont post either asking for it on the forum here or messaging me for it as I want to understandably do the honourable thing by Sasha . He did the hard work , mine was a 1 hour copy and paste job . Ive also done it to preempt people asking why the Toro Rosso isnt as good as before once ( or if ) he posts his update by showing here why that is ( pure Codies inexplicable remapping , nothing can be done about it as far as I can see ) .

As far as the Toro Rosso livery ( which got wiped and mashed by the patch ) goes there's good news and bad news post patch 1.08 . I've managed to merge Sasha's mod ( paint files and decals ) with the post patch original files ( again paint files and decals ) with a bit of copy , paste and jiggery pokery so the Moose logos etc are combined with the added drink logos on the rear wing and the ptt lubricants decals have again been erased ( which Codies added in the patch and have been removed in real life ) . And if Sasha doesn't mind I can send him the files somehow if he lets me know where . But here comes the downer . Codies , in their infinite wisdom have remapped how the car textures are displayed so everything's fine on the right side of the car , but now not only is the Moose logo mirrored on the rear of the car it's also now mirrored on the left hand side nose of the car even though I've copied the Moose logos of Sasha's exactly the same onto the paint texture . Well done Codies :thumbsdown: . Still , I think it looks better than having no logos on the sides of the nose at all .View attachment 320894 View attachment 320895 View attachment 320896 View attachment 320897

There is a possibility to leave the 1.07 version of the car. And on the engine cover do not draw the mirror logo MOOSE.

Wouldn't that require a pre 1.08 version of the Toro Rosso mesh though ? If someone has that I guess that's an option although then the rear wing logos will be wrong . If that can be done though it could well be that either A - People would either be able to have a mesh swap Toro Rosso from pre 1.08 that has none mirrored Moose logos except near the rear of the car or B - The post 1.08 car with the correct tail logos but mirrored Moose logos . I doubt there'll be a way of incorporating both in one due to Codie's remapping but I'm no expert so I can't say it's impossible . I was a bit surprised after I'd added this to the game though as I didn't expect Codies to totally remap the skin . It's like it completely ignores one of the sides of the texture and just mirrors one side on the nose now even though the texture itself has both the nose side stripes on it so go figure :O_o: ANyhow , it's up to Sasha , jburon and TCK Modder . If they want this ( it's THEIR work so they have ALL credit for it ) they can use it and save themselves a job . But maybe they can do a lot better in some way and work around the mirroring issue somehow . I'm no Car skinner , just a minor private budding modder , so I wouldn't have a clue where that's concerned .

Last edited:
Wouldn't that require a pre 1.08 version of the Toro Rosso mesh though ? If someone has that I guess that's an option although then the rear wing logos will be wrong . If that can be done though it could well be that either A - People would either be able to have a mesh swap Toro Rosso from pre 1.08 that has none mirrored Moose logos except near the rear of the car or B - The post 1.08 car with the correct tail logos but mirrored Moose logos . I doubt there'll be a way of incorporating both in one due to Codie's remapping but I'm no expert so I can't say it's impossible . I was a bit surprised after I'd added this to the game though as I didn't expect Codies to totally remap the skin . It's like it completely ignores one of the sides of the texture and just mirrors one side on the nose now even though the texture itself has both the nose side stripes on it so go figure :O_o: ANyhow , it's up to Sasha , jburon and TCK Modder . If they want this ( it's THEIR work so they have ALL credit for it ) they can use it and save themselves a job . But maybe they can do a lot better in some way and work around the mirroring issue somehow . I'm no Car skinner , just a minor private budding modder , so I wouldn't have a clue where that's concerned .

On the FOM car all logos will be correct..

Here's an odd one . Ive just done a practice session at Paul Ricard and watched the Toro Rosso on the TV Monitor a bit . And at certain distances the Moose logo on the nose is the right way round . Then when it gets close it's mirrored and then occasionally it'll even flip-flop from right way to wrong way in the same scene as it moves a bit further away :O_o: . So it looks like medium to low res versions of the mesh might still be using the old pre 1.08 mapping while the High Res one's both on track and in the Showroom use new texture mapping . If that's the case I'll probably scrap this as swapping texture mapping in the same scene looks daft ( even worse than it being mirrored ) because the logos on a F1 car can't swap around like some animated gif :laugh:

• Deleted member 408599

So, are there problems with 1.08? Do I relocate? I feel my English a lot. A greeting.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.