F1 2018 F1 2018 "Make Headlines" Edition Released

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The wait is over! F1 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC is here!

Codemasters ninth instalment to the Formula One game franchise, F1 2018 races on to both console and PC platforms today in the form of the 'Headline Edition release - the standard game inclusive of the later to be released as DLC Brawn BGP001 and Williams FW25 historic car content.

Retailing for £44.99 on Steam, F1 2018 is once again the official videogame of the current FIA Formula One World Championship, and as such comes complete with all the teams, drivers, cars and tracks of the current season, plus an additional 20 historically significant cars from the history of the sport.

F1 2018 Released 2.jpg

“Our main aim with F1® 2018 was to get even closer to replicating the real world sport and we believe that we have made significant improvements both on and off the track,” said Lee Mather, Game Director, F1® 2018. “The in-game suspension and chassis now refresh at 1000htz meaning that the simulation is far more authentic. For example, you can really feel the difference between the modern day cars, with their advanced aerodynamics and downforce, when compared to the classics which rely more so on pure tyre grip, making them an incredibly involving drive.”

F1 2018 Released.jpg

I've had the opportunity to try F1 2018 for a few days now and I must admit I've been more than impressed with my time with the game. Not 100% simulation but nor is it a throwaway arcade racer, F1 2018 manages to straddle the line between detailed and accessible with consummate ease.

Is this the best of the bunch so far from Codemasters? For me at least I've have to say a resounding yes!

F1 2018 Released 3.jpg
F1 2018 Released 4.jpg

F1 2018 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Have you picked up F1 2018 yet? What are your first impressions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Outstanding! Loving this year's version of the game. They took everything from F1 2017 which was already great and made it even better. The FFB is one step closer to perfect. Not quite as good yet as the ultimate racing sims available, but noticeable better than an previous year.

Highly recommended.

I get like glittery sparkly bits on my graphics, any ideas what it could be? It's not sparks but some sort of shimmery look. I have everything on maxed and benchmark gives me a minimum of 98 and max 161. I've turned motion blur to zero and there's another shadow setting which is default to off but I don't know what it does.

The racing element of this game is just outstanding, having some tremendous battles with the AI while they are battling other AI at the same time, lap after lap it goes on (100% difficulty). The Austrian GP was my latest highlight in a growing highlights reel.

OLVqV5d.jpg

JZr8N8T.jpg

I'm driving the Renault.

I get like glittery sparkly bits on my graphics, any ideas what it could be? It's not sparks but some sort of shimmery look. I have everything on maxed and benchmark gives me a minimum of 98 and max 161. I've turned motion blur to zero and there's another shadow setting which is default to off but I don't know what it does.

I've seen that too. That's why if you go back to my very first post in this thread, I said I'm not impressed with the graphics. SSRT shadows, I think is screen space reflection transparency. More like old school ray tracing, the new nvidia marketing tool, you know.

Like all gaming catch 22s, it all depends on the user. I keep it off because my old dog is an R9-290. Try turning it on and run a benchmark and look at reflections quality if you like it. Then turn it off, run a benchmark again and see how the FPS are, and if you miss the good looks if it's that much different. You will decide this yourself.

To give you an idea what you are looking for, it's the reflection of this tire on the semi-reflective floor.
images

Maybe the reflections of cars on a wet track, or semi-glossy garage floor.
images

It is more then marketing.....

TAA which we have used for eons and DLSS are nothing alike

Re-Mastered sims in DLSS would have no jags on track edges from any angle on the cheapest monitor and everything from models to grass would look better
DLSS is faster then TAA so not only does it look better it runs faster
DLSS could be improved with updates of content

I bet if we saw F1 2018 in full DLSS we would all go :confused: lol

The best thing is the potential of the new RT machines 10 times the computing power
Time is money and you would hope a spin-off is better looking more realistic games

I bet if we saw F1 2018 in full DLSS we would all go :confused: lol
(20 years ago)
I was 15 years old, the last racing title I got addicted to was top gear and top gear 2 on SNES. Then I saw Playstation Gran Turismo and I went :confused: lol That's 2D to 3D jump.

DLSS is not that big of a jump. It's just another detail that poor anti aliasing application can easily ruin. Just like what we have now in this title(sparkling edges). Sure it's something, but not a deal breaker. Resolution is king, the more the better, moar GPU horsepower I ask. Not new rendering technique.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back