F1 2018 F1 2018 "Make Headlines" Edition Released

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The wait is over! F1 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC is here!

Codemasters ninth instalment to the Formula One game franchise, F1 2018 races on to both console and PC platforms today in the form of the 'Headline Edition release - the standard game inclusive of the later to be released as DLC Brawn BGP001 and Williams FW25 historic car content.

Retailing for £44.99 on Steam, F1 2018 is once again the official videogame of the current FIA Formula One World Championship, and as such comes complete with all the teams, drivers, cars and tracks of the current season, plus an additional 20 historically significant cars from the history of the sport.

F1 2018 Released 2.jpg

“Our main aim with F1® 2018 was to get even closer to replicating the real world sport and we believe that we have made significant improvements both on and off the track,” said Lee Mather, Game Director, F1® 2018. “The in-game suspension and chassis now refresh at 1000htz meaning that the simulation is far more authentic. For example, you can really feel the difference between the modern day cars, with their advanced aerodynamics and downforce, when compared to the classics which rely more so on pure tyre grip, making them an incredibly involving drive.”

F1 2018 Released.jpg

I've had the opportunity to try F1 2018 for a few days now and I must admit I've been more than impressed with my time with the game. Not 100% simulation but nor is it a throwaway arcade racer, F1 2018 manages to straddle the line between detailed and accessible with consummate ease.

Is this the best of the bunch so far from Codemasters? For me at least I've have to say a resounding yes!

F1 2018 Released 3.jpg
F1 2018 Released 4.jpg

F1 2018 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check out the Formula One 2018 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion around this exciting new Formula One game. If mods are your thing then fear not, we have you covered! Check out the F1 2018 Mods Forum for the latest and greatest release from the community!.

Like what you see at RaceDepartment? Follow us on social media!

Have you picked up F1 2018 yet? What are your first impressions of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I just can't work out why there is no VR... or triple screen support..

It really doesn't make sense in this era of sim racing.

I'll persevere with F1 2017 on one monitor.. Cheers! :thumbsup:
Yeah its strange. I would say VR missing is even stranger even though i dont have VR myself. Triple screens is like VR though in the sense that when you driven on triples you cant cut those side screens and go with the center one. Its just too small and feels very weird. Like having those horse blinder thingamajiggy's on. :D

Yeah right... They will never stop. Unfortunately for you guys, this is race department, not codemasters forums.

I was wondering about that, so much infomercial coverage of that arcade video game. Has code master taken over race department or is race department the new infomercial channel for any new crap coming out? What is next? How great photo mode is in GT Sports?

is race department the new infomercial channel for any new crap coming out
Firstly, the clue is in the name "Race" Department.
Secondly, whatever your views on the game like FIFA or Madden it's yearly release is highly anticipated by many players who enjoy racing games.
Finally, since you have no interest in it why bother posting in this thread.

I was wondering about that, so much infomercial coverage of that arcade video game. Has code master taken over race department or is race department the new infomercial channel for any new crap coming out? What is next? How great photo mode is in GT Sports?

I understand if u dont like F1 2018. I understand why some dont like iRacing, why some dont like other titles etc... This title is currently "Trending" and RD is just doing the coverage. The same happened in the past in other titles. The same will happen with ACC and whatever follows after that. Im also sure they will do some sort of coverage for mobile racing games. Thats not too hard to understand given the name of this site yeah?

Regional prices.

So here it is for me. Norwegian Currency.
5eHh5uU.png

I would have to pay 412 of Norway Money(NOK) to get the game. 44.99GBP is 485 NOK.
However, Russian and Brazilians get the game for a lower price (compared to the Norwegian one). This is one of the games with the biggest difference for a long time, usually the Norwegian price is only 2-3% different from EUR, GBP and/or USD. Here it is 17-30%.
It's actually so cheap on Steam in Norwegian currency, that it is lower than the Historical lowest price given! (IIRC, re-seller sites and grey-market sites are not included)

Yeah here in south america it cost just 21usd if you do the conversion. God bless Lord Gaben and his regional prices :)

Yeah here in south america it cost just 21usd if you do the conversion. God bless Lord Gaben and his regional prices :)

Cheaper in South Africa too. 329 South African Rand, which equates to £18, or US$23 today...

I think it's a great thing that it is this way, as salaries differ so much through the world.
The only downside from it, is regional locks, which I hate. But I guess I can't have everything!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back