F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Hi everyone, does anyone know how can I export F1 2017 texture files please ?
depending on the texture you can export using different EEA versions, 5.2 will export textures with no mipmaps and 2.0 can export any texture (not using mipmaps) so for stuff like textures which are big in the erp you can use that (like car decals)

Hi all.
Long had the idea to make a different special version of the suits of different seasons of F1.
Anyone interested could you private messages, send photos or links to them. You can also send the name of the Grand Prix, year and team

finally have got the 2017 after deciding too much LOL. where is/are the 3D LOD(s)/model(s) of the cars stored? i want to do a few 3D template for skinning purposes. because i skipped '15 and 16 i feel like a noob again in Codies F1 scene :D:D

finally have got the 2017 after deciding too much LOL. where is/are the 3D LOD(s)/model(s) of the cars stored? i want to do a few 3D template for skinning purposes. because i skipped '15 and 16 i feel like a noob again in Codies F1 scene :D:D
If you're in to mod skins, you should've not bought the game (yet).

If you're in to mod skins, you should've not bought the game (yet).
yeah last time i saw the 2015 UV layout they've made it even simpler than before. big custom changes are close to impossible. that's why i stick to AC.

i pick 2017 because of the classic cars and RB13 LOL. i've seen people extracted the model but no decals there, just paint with no logos. i want to see where's the problem lies at.

yeah last time i saw the 2015 UV layout they've made it even simpler than before. big custom changes are close to impossible. that's why i stick to AC.

i pick 2017 because of the classic cars and RB13 LOL. i've seen people extracted the model but no decals there, just paint with no logos. i want to see where's the problem lies at.
The main problem lies that you cannot save the game when you have a modified livery/car file. So all you do would be for quickraces only.

The main problem lies that you cannot save the game when you have a modified livery/car file. So all you do would be for quickraces only.
i don't mean about imported livery texture to the game. i mean this :
senza-titolo-1-jpg.211569

only paint texture that you can assign to the body material. no place for logos/decals. i want to test my theory if the body fits for 2 materials after extracted (paint and decal) but i need to see the structures of the scene/material first.

Dave Noonan have provided the solution btw.
http://sim-garage.co.uk/software-release/importing-f1-2017-models/

Last edited:
i've finally found the issue but no fix.

common formats (3DS/FBX etc.) does not support the secondary texture maps and it's UVs. that's why when you see it on 3DsimED all textures are properly placed but when you export it, the decal lost it's mapping.

Did anyone else's language.erp file reset with update 1.7? Weird... my incardriver.erp was fine, but language.erp reset... I'll assume that they changed something within that file and that's why it's back to normal?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 110 69.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 20.9%