F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Can someone please tell me which type of mods are safe and the game still saves with them?
I know helmets are ok. Is it all? Or there is more? Can you change driver or team names? Can you somehow change the heads of the drivers? (both models and ingame photos)?
Thanks

Mods that involve changing the .erp files of the cars will cause your game to not save. In other words, you can edit language files (I think) and helmets and such and it will be fine but any car skins (like the f2004 Marlboro mod) or performance files (like the make Mclaren faster mod) will cause your game to not save

Mods that involve changing the .erp files of the cars will cause your game to not save. In other words, you can edit language files (I think) and helmets and such and it will be fine but any car skins (like the f2004 Marlboro mod) or performance files (like the make Mclaren faster mod) will cause your game to not save

So it should be possible to somehow swap the driver models/textures right? i think someone was doing it in 2016 so that you can change the names in language file and also the model

So it should be possible to somehow swap the driver models/textures right? i think someone was doing it in 2016 so that you can change the names in language file and also the model
Yeah I did it in 2016
Might have some time over the weekend to look into it but I would think that it's possible

Hello everyone. Any news about the new version of EGO Erp Archiver and Noesis? This game are very limited in the skins. Thanks and regards.

A quite specific question, but is there a way to edit the shifting times of the automatic gearbox? In my career I just went to Ferrari from Renault and from 4th gear onwards it shifts way too early, I'd like to change that if possible, or if that can't be done, at least fix the lights on the steering wheel to match the upshift

(Yes, I should play manual, but with a controller it's very annoying)

Hi guys,

New to these forums, but a quick question;

I'm working on my custom helmet, and I've managed to get the textures working (straightforward) but was now trying to see if I can get the actual helmet model for the Bell helmet Hamilton uses (less straightforward).

Using ERP Archiver I've got it to where I have the little wings on the front and back and the cover for the airvents on top, and including the dents for the holes on top and the vents on the front. But for some reason my helmet also still uses the Arai-style overall model (like the air inlets on the front and the shape of the visor-protector, visor-latch etc), where for example Hamilton or Grosjean don't have these. So basically, I have dents for the Bell-style vents, and dents for the Arai-style vents, whereas I would like the entire helmet to be Hamilton's helmet model.

Any ideas on where to look? Thanks!

Last edited:
Can someone else test if after the last update the game saves when importing liveries and modifying cars? I have tried it and in my case it seems to save while importing with Ego ERP Archiver 5.2 but I am curious if it's just luck or CM have actually allowed it.

It seems that codies "unlocked" modding for the F1 2017, so does this mean we can finally find/extract/use the correct 3D model for helmets?

I'm interested in making some texture mods for the game , specifically the UI , but the files Im interested in look like theyre in texarray format . Im interested in putting the pirelli tyre images ( that I used to make desktop icons ) into the game as replacements in the laptop and weekend tyre choice sections . But texarray seems unworkable as a format :O_o: Anyone have any ideas how or if it's possible to edit this file type please ?

I tried to use 4.1.2016.0905, but the exported texture looks like that:
Screenshot (76).png

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 180 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 116 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 125 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 52 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 73 27.0%
Back