F1 2016 WIP Thread

ERP Archiver 4.0 is now out. Included are two new tabs for previewing, exporting and importing xml, and pkg files. This give you access to modifying AI performance, vehicle physics, UI, car and replay cameras, tyre degradation, track practice gate timings, and much more. There's also UI improvements, bug fixes, and a progress dialog included for export/import all operations. Please contact me if there are any errors.

Edit: I decided to make a quick update to 4.1 adding more resource types to be recognized in the Pkg, and Xml tabs.
Thanks, Petar but I have 2 questions :

1. How to modify Ai Performance, etc.?
2. How about the Meter in the beginning of the career mode? Is it dependant on the car's performance or not?

You can now download the Ego File Converter. This combines the features of the BXML converter, along with conversion for Pkg files from F1 2015 and F1 2016. It also has a fix for a rare bug that occurred in certain BXML conversions.

These pkg files don't actually have a ".pkg" extension so it may be a little tough to find. So far, I have manually looked through several Erp files, and I have determined the following resource types to be Pkg files (although there could be more):
  • "AICorner":
  • "AIGrip":
  • "AIThrottle":
  • "AnimClip": // temp
  • "CrowdPlacement":
  • "EventGraph": // node
  • "TyreWearData":
  • "TyreWearGran":
  • "UIDB":
  • "UIDF":
  • "UILayout":
  • "WOInstances":
  • "World":
  • "WOTypes":
The way to determine if they are ".pkg" files is to use a text editor to see if the file contains "!pkg" at the beginning.
These files are converted into a human readable format called JSON. You can edit json files in any text editor. I prefer using Visual Studio Code.

Please try it out, and let me know how it goes!
Where did you find the TyreWearData pkg, I cant find it anywhere. I tried editing the tyrecompound xml, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in game after I reimport.

Thanks for the tools btw, they're awesome!

Managed to change the game's intro to the intro from Sky Sports' coverage and changed the pre-practice/qual/race intro to the official FIA intro as well.

Link below is just a demonstration video. Youtube flags it, that's why its not there.

Right now the clips I used are not of the highest quality. Will get much higher quality versions this weekend and make available to people, if they would like?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5CshzkhXNV7a01JS0o1SGFFNVE/view

Hi, any news reg. this?

Hi All,

Ive seen a few requests around for a McLaren with Vodafone sponsors so I'm having a play around to see what I can do. I know that the sides of the sidepods are off limits so I have tried to incorporate a Vodafone logo/design on top of the sidepods instead.

The problem I'm having is that the previous default design that was there before still shines through under certain lighting (see 3rd image below for best example). Now, I have done what I have done in previous games which is edit the file which controls the reflectiveness of the paint (I think its McLaren_sfc.tga) but it does not seemed to have had any effect. Does anyone know which file I need to edit? Also, just general thoughts on the skin so far would be appreciated. Thanks

20160906215849_1.jpg
20160906215905_1.jpg
20160906215942_1.jpg
20160906215949_1.jpg

Small update to ERP Archiver 4.2 fixing export/import of certain pkg files. This fix was already in the File Converter 2.0.

Hi Petar, great work thanks! Have you find out a possible way to unpack "game.dat" in F1 2016 (main folder)? This is the target file that we should try to open it because all important settings is packed in this file.

I had a quick look, and it seems like it will be very difficult to figure out.

Thanks, Petar but I have 2 questions :

1. How to modify Ai Performance, etc.?
2. How about the Meter in the beginning of the career mode? Is it dependant on the car's performance or not?

1. asset_groups\ego_package\ai contains files regarding this. There are also xml files in the track folder regarding ai track brake lines, and more. See answer to peterthelemon's question.
2. Sorry, but I have no idea about the meter.

Where did you find the TyreWearData pkg, I cant find it anywhere. I tried editing the tyrecompound xml, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in game after I reimport.

Thanks for the tools btw, they're awesome!

Example: environment_package\tracks\abu_dhabi\wep; abu_dhabi.wep, abu_dhabi_2016.wep. Just look at those files.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which file I need to edit?

Just a guess based off editing on f12012 but there used to be something called a speccoc file that would need to be edited to match your edited skin or the original logos would still show through somehow, something to do with the lighting. Totally unfamiliar with editing in 2016, not sure you can even get to that file now. Maybe that decal/graphic file has a speccoc? Not sure. Shame, your workaround for the sidepod graphic is a smart idea to do some if only a little editing, can't even have that. :(

Just a guess based off editing on f12012 but there used to be something called a speccoc file that would need to be edited to match your edited skin or the original logos would still show through somehow, something to do with the lighting. Totally unfamiliar with editing in 2016, not sure you can even get to that file now. Maybe that decal/graphic file has a speccoc? Not sure. Shame, your workaround for the sidepod graphic is a smart idea to do some if only a little editing, can't even have that. :(
Speccoc! That's what its called, I was going mad trying to remember what the file was called in older games! The file I did find (McLaren_sfc.tga) looked exactly like a specocc file, the usual purple and blue/green parts denoting the reflectiveness and it appeared to match the McLaren paint file exactly. I changed the parts which appeared to be for the sidepod design to the same colour as the rest of the car but it did not make any difference.

I'll see if there is a specocc file (or similar) when I get home later, thanks for jogging my memory! :)

I've managed to make a transparent OSD with no starting lights and wrong way. Though every time a new patch comes out from Codemasters its seems to break something. :(
391040_20160908004521_1.jpg

Do you see any possibility to Show the dash in the lower right in Cockpit camera? Or some parts of it?
Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly you are talking about the gear shift's,rev counter,rev's etc. being shown in cockpit camera. If so I wouldn't say it couldn't be done but I'm unsure in myself to get it working.I can look into it though, no promises.

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly you are talking about the gear shift's,rev counter,rev's etc. being shown in cockpit camera. If so I wouldn't say it couldn't be done but I'm unsure in myself to get it working.I can look into it though, no promises.

Yes, thats exactly what I ment.

I actually already recolored it to light blue and it looks pretty nice. Still trying to change the number and the around the mirrors sponsor decal which is still dark blue if I can.

YES! I've been waiting for this exact Williams livery for weeks :D That shade of dark blue is miiiiiiint

Only other two things I could suggest is to do a second version with the Martini barcode livery (made by the same guy I think), and slap a BMW logo on the engine cover with the Mercedes parts renamed for a third version (for career mode enthusiasts like me), but apart from that, waiting eagerly : 3

YES! I've been waiting for this exact Williams livery for weeks :D That shade of dark blue is miiiiiiint

Only other two things I could suggest is to do a second version with the Martini barcode livery (made by the same guy I think), and slap a BMW logo on the engine cover with the Mercedes parts renamed for a third version (for career mode enthusiasts like me), but apart from that, waiting eagerly : 3

Seconded, both on how sharp it looks and the desire for the logo on the side, barcode or otherwise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back