F1 2016 WIP Thread

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
Formula-1-2016-modding700.jpg

If you have a WIP (Work in Progress) mod, and wish to show other modders the current state of your mod, and/or request feedback from them, then please post in this thread only. Thanks :)

Please do not create WIP threads nor upload a WIP or Beta mod to our modding forum.

OK, lets start a billboard update mod. Starting first with the "F1 2016" adverts.

Can someone tell me what should go in place of all of these and I'll modify them. Johnnie Walker? Something Else?

Some are brake markers, some are bridges/banners, some are wall adverts. Not sure why the 2015 and 2014 stuff is still in here, but it is, so it might be used somewhere so we should update them accordingly.

Attachments

• f1_2016_board_a.tga.jpg
    f1_2016_board_a.tga.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • f1_2016_board_b.tga.jpg
    f1_2016_board_b.tga.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 668
  • f1_2016_board_c.jpg
    f1_2016_board_c.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 772
  • f1_board_2015_a.jpg
    f1_board_2015_a.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 642
  • f1_board_red_a.jpg
    f1_board_red_a.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 649
  • f1_brake_2015_a.jpg
    f1_brake_2015_a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 627
  • f1_brake_2015_b.jpg
    f1_brake_2015_b.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 645
OK, lets start a billboard update mod. Starting first with the "F1 2016" adverts.

Can someone tell me what should go in place of all of these and I'll modify them. Johnnie Walker? Something Else?

Some are brake markers, some are bridges/banners, some are wall adverts. Not sure why the 2015 and 2014 stuff is still in here, but it is, so it might be used somewhere so we should update them accordingly.
What about ROLEX?

Managed to change the game's intro to the intro from Sky Sports' coverage and changed the pre-practice/qual/race intro to the official FIA intro as well.

Link below is just a demonstration video. Youtube flags it, that's why its not there.

Right now the clips I used are not of the highest quality. Will get much higher quality versions this weekend and make available to people, if they would like?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5CshzkhXNV7a01JS0o1SGFFNVE/view

Managed to change the game's intro to the intro from Sky Sports' coverage and changed the pre-practice/qual/race intro to the official FIA intro as well.

Link below is just a demonstration video. Youtube flags it, that's why its not there.

Right now the clips I used are not of the highest quality. Will get much higher quality versions this weekend and make available to people, if they would like?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5CshzkhXNV7a01JS0o1SGFFNVE/view
That's so cool! Do you think you could upload it to our downloads section when you've finished it?

I have been working on Montreal so the Heineken banners are along the home straight and allowing the Rolex adverts to move to the Hairpin area. It has meant I have had to create a new file and path as some files are common for all tracks. Complicated I know.

After testing multiplayer, quick race and time trial I have had no problems. I do not play career so cannot 100% say it will not be affected, not sure why it would be.

I have sent the files for testing by an interested member of the forum. I'll update when I can.

Reddvers

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes