F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

Really hoping modders can figure out this new filesystem. There are so many flaws that need to be addressed and I have zero confidence Codemasters will ever fix them.

No shite, I really thought about letting a note fly to CM making them have in mind that with a functional modding tool / possibility there'd be more people considering buying this game after all.

Probably you're right, but from another aspect, if they let people to extract shapes and textures from the game probably sooner or later they will be converted to other games which is out of CM's interest. (In addition, I've seen several people selling 3D models extracted from CM F1 games on 3D marketplaces making serios money with the stolen copyrighted content. As far as I know CM started to get removed the leeched stuff lately, but it is not easy.) So from business perspective it's a logical decision to encrypt the game to prevent leeching, but from someone's view who bought the game and would like to extend it for gaming purpose it would be a sad move.

There is a way to decrypt the .ERP files already I can do it with ai files and car handling files, you can see everything in those files things like grip fuel and tire wear. The problem is though there is no way to re inject or convert the files back to the same size .ERP format once they have been decrypted. So the game just crashes.

Hopefully someone can design a script or tool so the files can be re imported back into the game without the game knowing the file has been modified. I wouldn't hold my breath though guys, there is a real chance Codemasters have gone above and beyond in an attempt to stop all mods in this game, there is just so much encryption.

It's to much work for me, I give up. Back to F1 2013 for me LOL.

man looking at this stuff quickbms exports it's no damn wonder my gridgirls won't appear/work
feels like hacking the NCIS, firewall after firewall, once through erp there's is another jungle of data and each contains its own loading game path information

so this tool was used to encrypt the .nfs from 2013, I see but now one has to create more tools for being able to handle the .image container and more.

Oh boy ...

man looking at this stuff quickbms exports it's no damn wonder my gridgirls won't appear/work
feels like hacking the NCIS, firewall after firewall, once through erp there's is another jungle of data and each contains its own loading game path information

so this tool was used to encrypt the .nfs from 2013, I see but now one has to create more tools for being able to handle the .image container and more.

Oh boy ...

Yep. I'll just wait for when Ryder/someone else with such skills has the time to come up with something that works. This is above my levels.

Oh screw this. I was about to edit the tyrewear files which are easy encryptable and readable but seriously what in god's name ...
so each track has a tyre wear file for each team, which has a tyre wear table for each tyre type, which contains over 60 different tyre wear values ...

So I took the time and edited one file, the finished file was smaller than its original, imported it back but the game just keeps endless loading ...

Well, so it's not working. No reimport, no modding. One can take the time and mod the files already and hope there'll be someday a working tool or one can do what I already do: Play an other game :D

E: Yeah the tool is unable to reimport. Even when reimporting the untouched original file, the hex code of the new .erp file is only half filled with thousands of differences and emtpy digits.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back