F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
f1-2015-ModdingForum.jpg

This thread is for F1 2015 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)

How to open language_eng? LNG format

You can open the language_eng file (within the localisation folder) using Ryder Language Editor here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ it opens the 2015 file and all seems to be fine, I haven't tried editing it however, I'll have to have a go when I get a spare moment.

Some interesting lines in the language_eng file too, such as:
  • "....and that's P1 for Fernando Alonso, he'll be looking forward to tomorrow's race now with real hope that he can convert this into a race win."
  • "...and with that this weekend's Grand Prix racing is completed. A fantastic win by Marcus Ericsson has put him in a commanding position in the Drivers' World Championship."
  • "...and the first race of the season has thrown up an interesting proposition for us today. We have Jean-Éric Vergne in the Toro Rosso sat on pole! Something that we certainly didn't anticipate after pre-season testing."
These seems to be subtitles, but strange to see that they are so specific.

Edit - I have just tried changing Rosberg's name to "Rosbergio" just to see if anything changed in-game, but sadly it didn't affect anything, so when I get some more time I'll have a play around see if I can change anything in the language file.

Last edited:
You can open the language_eng file (within the localisation folder) using Ryder Language Editor here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ it opens the 2015 file and all seems to be fine, I haven't tried editing it however, I'll have to have a go when I get a spare moment.

Some interesting lines in the language_eng file too, such as:
  • "....and that's P1 for Fernando Alonso, he'll be looking forward to tomorrow's race now with real hope that he can convert this into a race win."
  • "...and with that this weekend's Grand Prix racing is completed. A fantastic win by Marcus Ericsson has put him in a commanding position in the Drivers' World Championship."
  • "...and the first race of the season has thrown up an interesting proposition for us today. We have Jean-Éric Vergne in the Toro Rosso sat on pole! Something that we certainly didn't anticipate after pre-season testing."
These seems to be subtitles, but strange to see that they are so specific.

Edit - I have just tried changing Rosberg's name to "Rosbergio" just to see if anything changed in-game, but sadly it didn't affect anything, so when I get some more time I'll have a play around see if I can change anything in the language file.
Alonso is understandable giving the 2014 season, but Marcus and Jean-Eric is defitly a funny thing :D

last few games there were multiple "Rosbergs" (or any other driver name repeated twice, only one worked), so try and find another Rosberg :thumbsup:

okay here's some info:
I've seen the lng files as I just recieved them from @Millsy24. Indeed they are still lng files, and apparently now there is "Pastor", "Maldonado", and "Pastor Maldonado".
I am not sure if these are for subtitles only, but all of these might need to get modified.

I also tried to unpack erp files with a erp unpacker for a different game, but as you may have guessed that didn't work.

edit: and exactly as Jap said, there are weird stuff in there
"Stevens has just moved into first place."

Very funny! Love the picture @TheJlfan looks like Will Stevens can't believe it either!!

Right some good news from messing around in the .lng file.
I have managed to change Rosberg's name to Rosbergio, and it's been reflected across the board in the 2014 & 2015 season modes. I've got some shots below.

I searched for all instances of his name in the lng file (@Milos you were correct), and just changed it, so I'm not sure which entry changes what, but I suppose if your changing a drivers name then you would just change each item anyway?
Here's the entries to search for, I suppose you can just replace _rosberg_ with which ever driver you wish to change, and I also presume this would work for changing team names.

lng_rosberg Rosberg
lng_n_rosberg N. Rosberg
lng_nico_rosberg Nico Rosberg
lng_nico Nico
lng_drivers_mercedes L. Hamilton - N. Rosberg

Two things I want to mention. As I said I'm not sure which entry is being used where yet (as I just changed them all) but, lng_nico may refer to Nico Hulkenberg too, so I will have to change that and see whether it affects both Nico's.
Also, some info on lng_drivers_mercedes, for every team that has a different line up in 2015 to 2014, they have an additional entry, take Red Bull for example (the entry just adds _2015 on the end).

lng_drivers_red_bull S. Vettel - D. Ricciardo
lng_drivers_red_bull_2015 D. Ricciardo - D. Kvyat

There is definitely some scope for changes in the lng files, so at least this is a start.

P.S - I saw this subtitle, looks like the potential for ERS failure is in the game (as well as engine and gearbox failure and issues), do we know if you can run into issues like this yet, or are they just in there for the future?:
lng_subtitle_re_vet_ersis_02 Vettel's ERS is offline, he's lost ERS.
lng_subtitle_re_vet_gbfl_04 Sebastian's retired, his gearbox has failed.
lng_subtitle_re_vet_gbis_01 We've been made aware that Vettel is running with a gearbox issue, Vettel has an issue with his gearbox.
yeHlxyl.png

s0d2S4v.png

4IVD7Nj.png

63O15jP.png

Also, looks like this time you edit driver's stats in the .lng file instead of the database file, as below. I haven't edited any of the below, but the format seems to match the stats on the driver selection screen, so I'm sure they would get updated if you changed them.

lng_rosberg_best_qualifying 1st (x 4)
lng_rosberg_best_qualifying_2015 1st (x 15)
lng_rosberg_date_of_birth 27/06/1985
lng_rosberg_debut 2006
lng_rosberg_driver_number 6
lng_rosberg_drivers_championships 0
lng_rosberg_fastest_laps 4
lng_rosberg_fastest_laps_2015 9
lng_rosberg_grand_prix 147
lng_rosberg_grand_prix_2015 166
lng_rosberg_highest_finish 1st (x 3)
lng_rosberg_highest_finish_2015 1st (x 8)
lng_rosberg_place_of_birth Wiesbaden, D
lng_rosberg_podiums 11
lng_rosberg_podiums_2015 26
lng_rosberg_total_points 570.5
lng_rosberg_total_points_2015 887.5

I only hope you didn't search through the entire language file, as if you click on the top row in any column it sorts it in alphabettical order :unsure:
I believe Nico is both for ROS and HUL, only way to change this is the database. At least on previous games this was the case

P.S - I saw this subtitle, looks like the potential for ERS failure is in the game (as well as engine and gearbox failure and issues), do we know if you can run into issues like this yet, or are they just in there for the future?
During a race my engineer was telling me that I would be running on reduced power to not destroy the engine, so I guess we do have mechanical/electrical failures in the game. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%