F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

I have to find some other file to play around with. Editing the tyre wear isn't really something I can see a clear difference ingame.

(What how can you see when ... ?) Well, I just renamed the 2014_caterham.tyre_wear file to 2014_caterham.tyre_wear.erp without any reimport tool and the game was loading (the file? at least it was loading, that's why I need to test a different file)

E: Edited a car handling file the same way, game CTD
E2: Also, creating the same file structure again, making it zip like, changing the header - no result.

Last edited:
Yep, this file system is a nightmare.
I'll just wait patiently to see if Petar Tasev can do anything with it when he gets some spare time.

Reimporting the .ERP files just seems impossible at the moment without a specific tool. It's not going to be easy, maybe impossible. As i said before Codemasters have gone above and beyond with this one, the encryption is everywhere.

Pretty sure it will be dead in a few months on PC if it can't be modded. Well done Codemasters. Well done.

damn, I'd really like to know how the game handles .zip files.
I was working on an audio mod, fusing english engineer with german commentator (as I watch F1 in german, but having a german engineer in F1 feels wrong). So unpacking the nfs files and repacking them as a simple .zip the game loads fine, loads even fine all audio tracks but CTD after 2-3 minutes race and I wonder why at this point and not instantly or when speaking a specific dialogue.

So unpacking the nfs files and repacking them as a simple .zip the game loads fine, loads even fine all audio tracks but CTD after 2-3 minutes race and I wonder why at this point and not instantly or when speaking a specific dialogue.

That's just a normal feature of the game even if you don't mod it, lol.

Hm, no. Had this issue only at first few starts but since then it never crashed again, in no menu (not even when changing resolution or so), no replay, no race.

let's assume that one day somebody finds a way to mod this game, would it be possible to manipulate the files controlling championship mode to change the practice/quali options in the 25% and 50% races. Because I don't think we are going to get CM to do it for us in this game.

One has not to be a Guru, to guess that if noone's able to check about all the game's content yet, no database tools, nothing - noone could answer if one could change those options.
But speaking out of experience, I'd say these things are hardcoded - my guess ;)

One has not to be a Guru, to guess that if noone's able to check about all the game's content yet, no database tools, nothing - noone could answer if one could change those options.
But speaking out of experience, I'd say these things are hardcoded - my guess ;)
Once again I apologies, I was under the impression that the modding community were able to read the database etc files, they just don't know how to edit them and re import them into the game.

Its possible to decrypt erp, but you get another encrypted file with exstension .dat.Looking like TGA, but there is some changes.
I really need to change livery, so if someone is working on it, pls contact me, i can provide a donate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 130 13.7%