F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

OK bug report.
PC Version, career mode. Australia P1

Go to track - flying lap. I put in 4 laps & then returned to garage via the menu

No sector times for me, it just say "out" in red in the column for S1, whilst looking at the monitor.

Intsant replay issue. After doing an instant replay same conditons as above, I cannot get out of instant replay mode. I have to use a flashback to get back to driving. Esc doesnt work, nor do any other buttons

Managed to get into a 6-car custom GP and get to the finish so progress hurrah

but after the race, upon the loading back to the lobby, I "lost connection" despite the race being over, which was ok since I figured it would return me to the menu. However, it took me to another loading screen and then the system hung. I couldnt get out of the game and everything crashed. Had to hold down the PC power button to reboot it.

on monaco there was a safety car, i was in the lead by 20 seconds, so i pitted, came out in front of vettle who was 2nd at the time. However somehow, when the safety car went in the game saw Webber as the leader.. he was nowhere to be seen, 25 seconds infront of me. He never joined the SC queue.

Press clippings stop generating?

Hi All --

I love the press clipping between the races. But I just started my 7th race and noticed I haven't seen any for the last 3 races. Is this a bug or normal?

They tend to appear when you go to the next race, before the loading screen and now seem MIA. Also noticed they never populate the "Press Clippings" section of your laptop.

Anyway, anyone experiencing this?

No one else having this problem?

If not -- mods, please move to the Bugs section. Thanks.

Codemasters did it again. Released untested crap full of bugs. And I am supposed to pay for it. Ridiculous. They should include a lubricant in the box with the game seeing Codemasters like to screw public.

Playing online racing at spa, first corner crash , safety car comes out and thats the end of the race. Safety car stayed out for the duration of the race.It also seems Impossible to keep heat in your tyres and brakes behind it! Not a good first online race, really wish they never put the safety car in.
Can see myself going back to 2010
P.S-The computer also maintains a gap between you and the player ahead which isnt close atall.

Hi Scott, yes been a while, game looks real cool, handles better for me but ive still got traction on, thats why ive not been racing on line, just can't seem to get to grips with the track without it.

Found another BUG, Suzuka, time trial, pits on auto, only 37 mph, bit odd

PC- i5 2500@3,3GHz 4GB RAM GTX570 Tried DX11 and DX9 in low to ultra.

I'm not going to install new Nvidia driver because it's no good - causes stutter in iRacing.

Edit: Set the replay file to read-only got rid of the stutter but now the game crashes on loading screens alot of the time.

Ok guys i was playing with no problems for 2 days and today i had a strange problem. It was crashing to desktop before it load the main menu... After an hour i realise that if i don't sing in LIVE account it loads well. So i had to go to my documents/my games/f12011 and delete all files including savegames!!!!! Now its working again but i am very worried that this will happen again. For some reason the files was corrupted so i had to delete them and i lost all settings and track setups!

PC- i5 2500@3,3GHz 4GB RAM GTX570 Tried DX11 and DX9 in low to ultra.

I'm not going to install new Nvidia driver because it's no good - causes stutter in iRacing.

Edit: Set the replay file to read-only got rid of the stutter but now the game crashes on loading screens alot of the time.

I tried setting my replay file to RO, and even removed permissions from it so it couldnt be written to. Still get bad stutter every few seconds.

Last time I ever by a Codemasters game.

sounds like your game crashed where it was supposed to save maybe? I was in practice 2 and quit to paddock from the garage and the game crashed, then when i loaded up my gfwl account again (i have an offline and an online account, the offline is set to default so I have to sign out/in again everytime) the load failed and I had to restart from the beginning. as far as I know I think I'm into p3 at melbourne on my offline account because I didn't realize I had played with it until then.

So... Huge game (online) braking bug with setup. Saw a thread about it earlier, now it's deleted. Won't mention the particulars, but they really botched it big time, I'd expect quick hotfix next week, but this is Codefailers we're dealing with... :frown:

Hey guys,

Sounds like there are a multitude of issues with the game. I wouldn't know, as the furthest I have gotten into it are the loading screens, except for the first time I loaded it, where I was able to complete the practice and quali sessions of the first grand prix in Melbourne.

Ever since, I have managed to get as far as the main menu. Every time I go to start a session, the game freezes/pauses/crashes on the loading screen.

My PC is brand new: Specs are Core i7 2600k, 8g Ram, Nvidia GTX 560...

Graphics are all turned up highest - but that shouldn't be a problem with this hardware, I've turned off the rapture audio as I have heard that is causing problems.

Anyone have any ideas? I am pretty forgiving on bugs/innacuracies if I can enjoy the game, yet I cant even do that!

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. I have looked through the codemasters forum yet I can't even register for that. It seems that someone else in South America is having the same issue but there are no responses as of yet...

A few things that may have been mentioned already; either way I'll add my voice:

1. While time trialing in Melbourne, after a few laps I noticed my PB ghost car wasn't around anymore, and no matter how fast I went I was a few seconds behind my "best time". Turns out sometime during the session it recorded my best time as being around 20 seconds - probably a sector time. I hard closed the game from Windows to avoid it recording that time in the system.

2. Online racing with a few guys in Marina Bay, a 20% wet race. With two laps left the safety car came out (first time I've seen it in the game). I was leading and there was a lapped car right behind me. Before the SC appeared I was crossing the start/finish line, and the car slammed on the brakes without my control! It said something like "autoslowing" I came to a stop on the finish staight and had to start up again. The guy behind must have been wondering what kind of idiot I was. Then I caught up to the SC and continued behind it, it was very hard to follow because it was bouncing back and forth all the time (one second it would be a ways ahead, the next second it would be a little closer)! None of the other cars on the grid were doing this. I continued behind it into the last lap, where it stayed out even though the engineer said the accident had been cleared up. I gave it more space this time, but again I came to a stop on the finish straight. Bizarre! Later in the lap, again giving the SC plenty of space while in the middle of the road, suddenly my car was destroyed! The screen displayed the G force of the impact. Impact with what? My guess is that I drove into the SC when it was ghosting backwards, even though it was way ahead at the time.

That's my first experience with the safety car. :(

Bottom line - never, ever, under any circumstances lead a race when the safety car comes out.

3. In spectator mode, when I tried to spectate a couple of the drivers who were on track, this is the view it gave me:

http://i54.tinypic.com/25i1zlv.jpg

The speedometer and mini-map worked, but the lap times didn't, and that strange white sky with floating grass in it was a static image. I could see proper views of a couple of the drivers.

4. Another online race, this one in Melbourne. A driver joined the session during qualy, and as such he could not set a time. However, when the race started, surprise! That driver was in pole position! No, qualification results were not reversed or random: the winner of qualy was lined up second and the 2nd-best time was in P3.

5. The 11/11 spring setup "cheat" that others have mentioned. I agree it's faster than it should be.

6. Not really a bug, but... when the fuel estimator says "optimal" instead of +1 Laps, there's a good chance I'll run out of fuel on the last lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back