F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

For the alignment settings, are the values reversed for camber???

F1 2010:
Camber front: -1.50 to -0.50
Camber rear: -3.50 to -2.50

F1 2011:
Camber front: -3.50 to -2.50
Camber rear: -1.50 to -0.50

Nice find! I was wondering that already last year. I think it was wrong in F1 2010. F1 cars dont have a lot of camber on the rear wheels normally and a lot more on the front.

I am having an issue after the pitstop.....
Everything works fine until I make a pitstop....after exiting the pits I get major lag and it never clears up.
I had a simillar issue with Grid too.

Any ideas?

9/21
I found this on the CM board....
http://community.codemasters.com/fo...9-solved-same-stuttering-issue-f1-2010-a.html

I'll give it a try

9/26
I finally found the replay.pbf file and made it read only...made it to the final lap before stuttering started again....not a permanent fix but it may get me buy until CM fix the issue.

I've blown 2 engines in practice, and I'm on race 2. the second time I hit shift down and it jumped from 5th to 1st with one button imput.

I tried to flashback to before that happened but it kept blowing at the same spot even if i stayed in 5th and slowed down

PS3 with a G25.

I'm losing 7th and 6th gears on Melbourne after a couple of laps in "Proving Grounds." I'll run a couple laps, everything good then all of a sudden I lose 7th and eventually 6th gear.

It can't be my wheel because it's random.

Anyonelse see this?

Loving the game so far. I am actually running clean with TC off and I'm gonna be honest, I kinda feel like a boss.

I am having an issue after the pitstop.....
Everything works fine until I make a pitstop....after exiting the pits I get major lag and it never clears up.
I had a simillar issue with Grid too.

Any ideas?

Your talking about how the game staggers, gets choppy & wants to freeze?
F1 2010 did that to me all the time. I've had it once since I got the game & it was at
the track in Austraila.

Im now at the 2nd race of the season & it hasnt staggered on me once. Maybe it's just the Austrailian track it
does it at. I dont know.

I'm keeping notes on which tracks does that stagger/choppy play.

EDIT: This is for the guys that did the setups for 2010. Do you guys know if the setups for F1 2010
will or will not work for F1 2011?

Okay, well I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here goes. I am in the first career race at melbourne, racing for Williams. First off, I'm not sure if the pit lane speed limit has changed but I seem to be stuck going 37 mph instead of the standard 60, so that's one thing. But the most major thing is as follows:

The practice/qualy sessions were clear, but the race had moderate rain so I raced on inters. I'm racing at 50% distance, and the inters seem to last about 8 laps before falling off the cliff. Thing is though, none of the other cars have to pit so I basically am doomed to come in last place Anyone else have this problem? Or am I just doing something horribly wrong?

Okay, well I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but here goes. I am in the first career race at melbourne, racing for Williams. First off, I'm not sure if the pit lane speed limit has changed but I seem to be stuck going 37 mph instead of the standard 60, so that's one thing.

At least this is no bug. The speed limits in the pit lanes match those used in this F1 season. For Practice it is always down to 60 km/h, and for some tracks it is also that low during Quali and Race sessions. In Monaco definitely, and in Melbourne it was lowered also this year.

GFWL text is garbled. It's broken up, spaces everywhere, unreadable. This happened in 2010 after the patch, but only intermittently - now it's full time, and worse to boot.

I'm running SLI and have heard that may be related.

Needless to say, GFWL text is just fine in every other game.

Anyone...?

EDIT: Fixed. It was SLI.

Disabled SLI and now GFWL is fine. My fps went from 95 to 55 though (running 460s), but turned detail down from ultra to high - which yielded another 15 or so frames - BUT changing from Rapture to software audio gave me at least another 20 - 25 fps. And I can't tell the difference in audio quality. Big one, that.

FTR the game crashed on loading when I switched SLI off, found that I needed to press enter instead of a wheel button to get into the game. Wheel settings lost of course, had to put those back in, but running well now.

I noticed four things while playing.
  • Crashes to desktop when using 'Return to Garage' instead of driving home in practice and qualifying. Not consistently, though.
  • I had a DSQ in P1, which was fine(I messed up). Then, however, I got another DSQ in P2 while sitting in the pits, doing nothing at all. I'm pretty sure there is no rule against doing nothing in F1...
  • I mostly used Flying Lap to drive out in P and Q and most of the time everything was fine. Tyres were cold but driveable. One time though I couldn't even take the slightest corner without spinning off the track. It felt like driving on a coat of ice.
  • Last but not least, I had a puncture after 7 laps in P1. That felt a little off. Plus I didn't even get a warning from my race engineer that the tyres were failing. I think that might be a bug where the relative tyre wear for the race distance(20% for me) gets applied to the practice sessions as well. The 7 laps would have been about 40 in that case, which would make sense.

Xbox 360 version.
The Quick Setups from the Engineer are not working properly. It seems the only thing that gets changed in your setup if you choose a quick setup are the wing angles. All the other settings stay in the middle.

I also noticed the camber issue that has been mentioned already.

hi hi i'm having a quite big problem here :((
I'm using the Logitech Dual Action gamepad and the first time i played, i changed the controller setting to gamepad and changed some option then SAVED the profile :|
the next time I get in to the game, the controller setting came back to keyboard i have to changed it and tweak it again and it takes so much time :(((
anybody having the same problem? Plz help me

Another PS3 bug:

Time trial lap time counter works intermittently. It WILL show +/- times compared to previous bests, but doesn't always show the active lap counter.

Also noticed the Quick Setup issue here.

hi hi i'm having a quite big problem here :((
I'm using the Logitech Dual Action gamepad and the first time i played, i changed the controller setting to gamepad and changed some option then SAVED the profile :|
the next time I get in to the game, the controller setting came back to keyboard i have to changed it and tweak it again and it takes so much time :(((
anybody having the same problem? Plz help me

I have th same problem... no solution until right now.

The whole game is a bug, it's even worser and more bugged then F1 2010, they ****e* it up again.

Always the same, lots of PR an advertising but nothing more. Just look at the outwashed 10x10 textures - lol. the colors again are not saturated and wrong, handling is just crap with its massive oversteering front.

I continue playing the much better rFactor with F1 RFT 2011 mod and my modded ENB settings.
N1 lighting + cars + REAL handling!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back