F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I noticed in serveral races (50-100%) now, that some of the top 3 teams always retire short after my first pitstop.
For example I was racing in Hungary when Button, Massa, Vettel, Webber retiered on the same lap right after my pitstop (lap 12). I restartet the race to make sure this is no coincidence, but until lap 14 Alonso, Vettel, Webber, Button and Hamilton retierd again.
They just stopped at the side of the track: No crash, no yellow flag, no saftey car.
Besides i've never seen a midfiled runner to stop during a race.

Bug with trying to patch F1 2011 to version 1.1 and/or 1.2.
I installed F1 2011 through DVD on my Windows 7 Prof 64bit system. Game will work fine.
But when I want to install the patch for the game (either through Live in the game of through the downloads at
http://www.codemasters.com/uk/f12011/pc/downloads/), the patch will not install.
I did un-install and install F1 2011, did not help. Tried it also in default Program Files folder, also no good.
Did un-install and install Games For Windows Live, did not help.
Getting the error that "Installing of titleupdate failed" and this is in the log file of GFWLive:

Launching Title Update: "D:\Downloads\F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.2\setup.exe" /selflaunch
Launching: D:\Downloads\F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.2\TitleUpdate.msi
ACTION=INSTALL REINSTALLMODE=amus LAUNCHEDVIASETUP=1
APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY="D:\Games\Codemasters\F1 2011"
TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MSINEWINSTANCE=1
Error installing MSI at D:\Downloads\F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.2\TitleUpdate.msi HR:0x80070667
Path: D:\Downloads\F12011_EFIGS_Patch_v1.2\TitleUpdate.msi
Args: ACTION=INSTALL LAUNCHEDVIASETUP=1 APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY="Ignore"
ABORTLOGPATH="C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\GFWLive\Install\Logs\titleupdate.log"
RelaunchFromCmdLine:
RelaunchFromCmdLine:
RelaunchFromMSI: F1_2011.exe
InstallFolderFromCmdLine:
InstallFolderFromMSI:
InstallFolderFromRegkey: D:\Games\Codemasters\F1 2011\
OriginalProductCode:
InstallFolderRegkeyProp: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\F1 2011
Failed

There are some mentions of this bug and tried the solutions found but does not work.
Is there somewhere the patch for download to do a patch manually instead of through the EXE?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, got it solved :) Maybe the info below does help others with the same issue.
Seems the patch installer and/or F1 2011 game has difficulties when you change drive letters, even when you un-install Windows Live and/or F1 2011 and install it again. Somehow old drive letters connected with F1 2011 are left behind in the registry.
In my case I did put in a new HD and removed old one which had several partitions. F1 2011 was installed on H:\. I did uninstall things before changing drives but somehow F1 2011 did not put it right in the registry.
Installed new drive (only D:\ on it and installed F1 2011 there. And then I could not apply the 1.2 patch because the registry still showed H:\Games\Codemasters instead of the new D:\Games\Codemasters.
I had to do a batch rename in the registry to change all the mentions with Codemasters in it from H:\ to D:\ ... and now the patch is applied just fine :)

Wow Kovalainen, what a hot lap mate!!

bug.jpg

I've just noticed some problems in the first practise session with the tiers:
I'm doing my first stint on the primes and comming back to the pits. The game switches automatically to the available new set of primes when I'm going out for the next stint. There is no way to selected the used primes from the first stint.

Even if I do just one stint on primes and go the practice 2, it shows that one set of primes is not available which is ok, beacuse they take it away after practice1 like in real life. But the 2nd set of primes is already used up to the same amount as the 1st set during practice1, although I've done zero laps on it, so it should be fresh.

Anyone experienced the same?

I've just noticed some problems in the first practise session with the tiers:
I'm doing my first stint on the primes and comming back to the pits. The game switches automatically to the available new set of primes when I'm going out for the next stint. There is no way to selected the used primes from the first stint.

Even if I do just one stint on primes and go the practice 2, it shows that one set of primes is not available which is ok, beacuse they take it away after practice1 like in real life. But the 2nd set of primes is already used up to the same amount as the 1st set during practice1, although I've done zero laps on it, so it should be fresh.

Anyone experienced the same?

I think you're referring to the "used tyre bug" where just before Practise finishes you must choose a new set of tyres and sit in the garage. When P2 starts you'll have a fresh set. :confused:

Hey guys,

I have an intermittent issue with my wireless MS wheel on the 360. Sometimes, it will disconnect at random intervals. This pauses the game and I click continue to carry on racing. After I have continued, I lose all force feedback - very annoying as you have to adjust your driving style or steering at least.

Has anybody experienced this? Or is it just my wheel? It doesn't see to happen with Forza.

I thought it could be interference, but I'm not convinced as I have checked all surrounding wireless frequencies.

Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back