ACC Endurance Series Round 7 @ Suzuka - Mon 13th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Results

Me after that race:
tired-exhausted.gif

Mind when Ayrton Senna won at Interlagos and his hands were kung fu gripped to his steering wheel, and he couldn't lift his arms.

Helllooooooo!

Another result I lucked in to really. Some really strong laps in Quali from Oliver and Johann - on another planet! The start went well from 5th and I settled in. I was wondering if anything would come of the start - a couple of cars in front seemed out of position by quite a bit then seemed to sort themselves out leaving Oliver way up front.

After a while myself, Andrew and Rob caught up to Johann and it was a bit tense. All very close but being just cautious enough not to take each other out. Johann managed to pull away and leave us 3 fighting. Rob was mega through 130R and almost got by a couple of times. I then messed up my braking into the last chicane and just avoided a tap with Andrew but this let Rob through.

Rather than fight it out I thought I'd be sneaky and get the undercut - nope, Andrew has the same idea. "We pit together, we exit together - sim racers for life" bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do....:roflmao:

Rob came out after his pit stop and put the pressure on again until a mistake left a gap, time to push flat out and concentrate on Andrew but it didn't matter what I tried he had an answer. Great win dude, hope you have a beer waiting!

Spa next - the last event of the season but the warm up event to the Spa 2.4hrs I'm planning! (well, as near as we can get it in ACC anyway)

My Race Report

Zero time for practice this week ahead of the race session, work has been too busy. I was shocked to be on the pace reasonably quickly as its not a track I have driven much in ACC but one I always loved in other games.

Qualifying I just couldnt hook up a good lap, the car was sliding around too much and I ended up 7th.

The start of the race went well, sitting on the inside line gained me a place up into 6th. I followed Will for a couple of laps before he dropped it at Degner 2. Sitting on the back of Chris and Andrew for a fair few laps as we closed the gap to Schroder. They both peeled off into the pits about 25 minutes in, I had two more laps of fuel and a gap to close up. I pushed hard on those two, pitting right on Schroders bumper (sorry if I tapped you on the pit line!).

I came out of the pits with Chris and Andrew still in front. A couple of laps later I passed Chris at the final chicane but the increasing temp was making it tough to keep up on hot tyres, I made a mistake and he passed me. From there it was a case of managing the pace, trying not to slide the car and heat the tyres up even more.

Came home in 3rd place, my best of the season so far and my first podium in 4 or 5 seasons on RD!

Luckily its Spa next week, a track I know well as I have no time to practice before then. If anyone is at Donington Park tomorrow for the British GT media day or on Thursday for the GT Cup one give me a shout! (Or even at the Nurburgring on Saturday!)

Did anyone else have any massive lag spikes and if so what lap? Rob reported a couple. I didn't have any accept for the usual micro rubber banding that we get in ACC.

Still annoyed at losing it soo early on :roflmao:

I had a good race apart from having to reverse out of a barrier, lost far too much time argh.

I noticed the CarlosB braking at the final sector corner to take it tight for a couple of laps so I thought I’d take it on my normal line as I was getting pretty close at this point.

This cheered me up lol

Grats Andrew on the win!

Cheers for setting it up Chris, the link fails on me at the moment. I’ll try again later for the results.

Last edited:
Still annoyed at losing it soo early on :roflmao:

I had a good race apart from having to reverse out of a barrier, lost far too much time argh.

I noticed the CarlosB braking at the final sector corner to take it tight for a couple of laps so I thought I’d take it on my normal line as I was getting pretty close at this point.

This cheered me up lol

Grats Andrew on the win!

Cheers for setting it up Chris, the link fails on me at the moment. I’ll try again later for the results.
What a move, and in to the sun too!

The setting for this race was perfect! Rising sun at Suzuka, great job Chris, I will remember this one for sure.
Had an eventful race, had a lot of practice here and help with set up and pace from Oliver prior to the race (thanks again my friend) with the new T300 also I managed to get very very nearly into the 2.4’s, had a disappointing quali, this is something I need to address…. I am robotic in my practice laps, but as soon as I am in quali I try way to hard which has the adverse affect, I should just remain in my fastest practice lap mind set. So my focus was on car 62 T.Christopher I believe, I quali just behind him and was around a second off his pace in practice and quali, nice clean first few laps Aston felt really stable and was not too far behind. Unfortunately Oliver had a penalty which put him behind me, long story short we had a misunderstanding at the hairpin and both lost time but no damage to speak of so no problems ( thanks for waiting Oliver). After that I just tried to maintain as fast a pace as poss, the 62 Aston was gone so it was just do what I could, then my pit stop went wrong, stop ok but penalty for speeding, so I came in next lap for stop go, that’s what put you in front of me Miles, so I spent the last part of the race literally murdering my tyres to claw back whatever I could, I saw Alexis having a mixed bag of lap times so that was my goal to close that gap, managed to pass Miles in the Porsche before his bad luck, and caught Alexis down the back straight before the finish line, was side by side all the way down there and went into the left hander almost next to each other, but Alexis had inside line and my grip by then was sketchy, so crossed the finish line on his bumper! My determination did not fade and I really enjoyed the last part of my race, in fact this is how I need to start my races lol. See you all at Spa! And practice, have a good week all.

Last edited:
Did anyone else have any massive lag spikes and if so what lap? Rob reported a couple. I didn't have any accept for the usual micro rubber banding that we get in ACC.
I noticed a couple during qualifying, it felt like someone joining the server. I thought that was what it was at the time

Well, what an eventful race!

I managed to have a few practice sessions last week as Suzuka on ACC is strangely alien to me in terms of races ran. It’s of course a legendary track and I know it well, but for whatever reason it’s always been on the periphery.

Practice was mainly just to try and nail down tyre pressures, but the nature of the track and conditions, found it really hard to find a sweet spot. Probably the same for everyone.

Qualifying went well, left a few tenths on the table based on practice times, but even at that, still wouldn’t have cracked top two positions. Epic laps lads.

Race start went well, clean and tidy through first lap and settled fairly quickly into a rythmn.

P2 unfortunately got a drive through so inherited the position, then the first stint was a double edged sword, trying to chase down Johann whilst trying to eek out any sort of gap from Chris behind.

Did eventually close Johann down as he started to lose the performance from his tyres, but Suzuka is notoriously difficult to pass, and whilst a couple of opportunities presented themselves to pass, I just didn’t want to risk it.

As the half way point approached, with Johann, myself, Chris and Robert all bunched together, I decided to pit two laps earlier than predicted. There was a risk of getting bunched too close together, so thought I could maybe get in and out into clean air and make a difference.

Chris did exactly the same, we both nailed our pit stops and by the time the pit stop cycle ended I was in P1.

Suzuka is a difficult track at the best of times, to drive fast and consistently. To have a driver of Chris calibre literally on my bumper for the best part of an hour took that to another level.

The Bentley was absolutely mega, especially into Degna 1 and 2. He seemed to be able to brake much later and deeper into the corner which had me scrambling. My ace in the hole seemed to be the hairpin before Spoon. I just had a little bit more kick off the turn to keep him at bay.

The last few laps he really cranked it up, a few side by side moments into T1, and also before 130r. As always though, we gave each other space to make moves, but I just managed to keep my car placed at the right crucial spots to prevent a pass.

Epic, epic race.

Bring on Spa!

Last edited:
Well, what an eventful race!

I managed to have a few practice sessions last week as Suzuka on ACC is strangely alien to me in terms of races ran. It’s of course a legendary track and I know it well, but for whatever reason it’s always been on the periphery.

Practice was mainly just to try and nail down tyre pressures, but the nature of the track and conditions, found it really hard to find a sweet spot. Probably the same for everyone.

Qualifying went well, left a few tenths on the table based on practice times, but even at that, still wouldn’t have cracked top two positions. Epic laps lads.

Race start went well, clean and tidy through first lap and settled fairly quickly into a rythmn.

P2 unfortunately got a drive through so inherited the position, then the first stint was a double edged sword, trying to chase down Johann whilst trying to eek out any sort of gap from Chris behind.

Did eventually close Johann down as he started to lose the performance from his tyres, but Suzuka is notoriously difficult to pass, and whilst a couple of opportunities presented themselves to pass, I just didn’t want to risk it.

As the half way point approached, with Johann, myself, Chris and Robert all bunched together, I decided to pit two laps earlier than predicted. There was a risk of getting bunched too close together, so thought I could maybe get in and out into clean air and make a difference.

Chris did exactly the same, we both nailed our pit stops and by the time the pit stop cycle ended I was in P1.

Suzuka is a difficult track at the best of times, to drive fast and consistently. To have a driver of Chris calibre literally on my bumper for the best part of an hour took that to another level.

The Bentley was absolutely mega, especially into Degna 1 and 2. He seemed to be able to brake much later and deeper into the corner which had me scrambling. My ace in the hole seemed to be the hairpin before Spoon. I just had a little bit more kick off the turn to keep him at bay.

The last few laps he really cranked it up, a few side by side moments into T1, and also before 130r. As always though, we gave each other space to make moves, but I just managed to keep my car placed at the right crucial spots to prevent a pass.

Epic, epic race.

Bring on Spa!
I feel like I've aged 10 years after that race! The balance of pushing 100% to try and pass combined with high tyre pressures and not wanting to have a collision was intense.

I saw Alexis having a mixed bag of lap times so that was my goal to close that gap, managed to pass Miles in the Porsche before his bad luck, and caught Alexis down the back straight before the finish line, was side by side all the way down there and went into the left hander almost next to each other, but Alexis had inside line and my grip by then was sketchy, so crossed the finish line on his bumper! My determination did not fade and I really enjoyed the last part of my race, in fact this is how I need to start my races lol. See you all at Spa! And practice, have a good week all.

When we were at 5 laps left, I noticed that my fuel would have been short for 2 or 3 liters, so I had to change my Engine Map (which I haven't mapped on my steering wheel, so it was not easy as I'm not used to do it) and save fuel on each lap, releasing throttle before turns instead of going flat and braking late :thumbsdown:

I saw you comming back at me really quick in the lap before the last one and you were on my bumper during the last one. I hope I didn't "block" you in the left hander, I tried to squize as much as I could the R8 on the inside :ninja:

I ended the race with 0.1 liters of fuel :roflmao:

The race was for me not good as I made too much little mistakes (I must improve my focus during the race) and I just managed to practice 15 minutes before the "official" practice, but the setup was perfect @SwannyUK ! Racing with the sunrise at Suzuka was nuts :inlove:

Can't wait for SPA, one of my favorite :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes