Ecclestone's Mother-in-Law Reportedly Kidnapped in Brazil

My country is unfortunately abandoned, only those who live here know the reality, the policy is ruining it more and more every year, unfortunately the lack of education and moral decades is causing this and far worse things here .... sad see how my country only appears internationally with bad news, Brazilians excel every day here because everything we paid does not return in investment, the Olympics are just showing the world the kind of politicians we have here.

Very sad for brazil. This will only compound people around the world not to travel there in future.Especially with the games happening there atm which is a shame brazilians are some of the most beautiful and respectful people on this planet aside from the ones who choose to take from others to survive.... but hey the world is pretty f##ked up no matter what country these days:(

Last edited:
Most of people just hate Bernie because they heard others saying so, he is doing a great job in my opinion away from political correctness and the useless debates.
Are we looking the same F1?
For his greediness he's just destroying F1 interest in Europe because he moves in countries where they pay more but without any motorsport heritage or interest.

For his greediness he's just destroying F1 interest in Europe because he moves in countries where they pay more but without any motorsport heritage or interest.
Sorry to say F1 has slowly destroyed itself with all the politics involved in it! but it also has to make financially viable moves to survive with the costs involved. compared to other motorsports which are thriving eg world gt series.F1 is very expensive

Last edited:
Very sad for brazil. This will only compound people around the world not to travel there in future.Especially with the games happening there atm which is a shame brazilians are some of the most beautiful and respectful people on this planet aside from the ones who choose to take from others to survive.... but hey the world is pretty f##ked up no matter what country these days:(
My mate bought a flat in Rio with the view over the beach there and he made a lot of good friends very fast. He always have a great time over there. But yes it surely hurts when things like this happens. Maybe im lucky i dont have that rich relatives, and today i think its even more dangerous to be in previously super safe Europe... There is some crap happening here every f-ing week now. The world is messed up, but luckily we have the chance to escape into the world of simracing and enjoy ourselves for a while and not think about the dark clouds out there. Some people dont even have that or food. Have to be happy for what we have while we have it.

It's not his problem, European tracks owners do not want to pay the bills and want some "advantages" because they think they have some historic value ... besides, why not bring F1 to other continents and help people discover it ? Why do people feel that F1 is European for Europeans and should stay in Europ ? Anyway, those who pay enough get their grand prix, he is not going to ruin FOM just to keep F1 in Europ :p

Because it is. Simple. Created by Europeans, run by Europeans, raced by Europeans, watched mostly and by far by Europeans, paid for by Europeans, and a cultural product of Europe.

That doesn't mean we as foreigners can't enjoy it or anything but let's try for once be less entitled.

This anti Europe culture has gone too far already. Let's try and not behead anyone.
This is nowadays world, companies from all around the world are involved in F1, and not only European drive in it unless the last time you watched a GP was in 1950

It's simple mate, F1 is like a company with investors and the goal is to grow, there is no emotions involved here, they do what's needed to keep things going, and Bernie is doing a great job with that.

Also, i don't know where do you see any anti-Europ statements in my comment, i don't even know if there is some "Anti-European" movement somewhere in the world :O_o:

Last edited:
i don't even know if there is some "Anti-European" movement somewhere in the world :O_o:
sub-buzz-7027-1466770207-1.png

This is nowadays world, companies from all around the world are involved in F1, and not only European drive in it unless the last time you watched a GP was in 1950

It's simple mate, F1 is like a company with investors and the goal is to grow, there is no emotions involved here, they do what's needed to keep things going, and Bernie is doing a great job with that.

Also, i don't know where do you see any anti-Europ statements in my comment, i don't even know if there is some "Anti-European" movement somewhere in the world :O_o:
Maybe then they should let some emotions in, they should try it, it feels great :d

Hope she comes out of it alright, Bernie may be a douche but that's not her fault and doesn't excuse the criminals. Also is this something we'll see more of what with the olympics or are the swat teams on standby for that one?
The day before an other athlete was being forced to hand over his money when withdrawing from the bank.
Oh and remember Munich 1972? https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=...wnWdIFMlRexRABGpLAhI-Q&bvm=bv.128153897,d.d2s
A trend might be far fetched, but an interest for malicious people or groupings it sure is.

Bernie is employed to run f1 - Delta Topco own the majority of it. Like all big business it's all about making maximum profit for the shareholders. for example it's disappointing that it will no longer be on ordinary tv - probably not BE's fault. He's the first in the firing line but i doubt he is to blame for many of the problems within the sport.

There are huge problems with f1 in its current state most will agree and it's a mere shadow of what it used to be - but it's still the epitome of motorsport and still great.

Changes for next year look very promising - definitely looking forward to that.

Because it is. Simple. Created by Europeans, run by Europeans, raced by Europeans, watched mostly and by far by Europeans, paid for by Europeans, and a cultural product of Europe.

That doesn't mean we as foreigners can't enjoy it or anything but let's try for once be less entitled.

This anti Europe culture has gone too far already. Let's try and not behead anyone.
This, so much this. I'm Brazilian and I wish more people would just stick to their own stuff. Watching Super GT is great to see the home guys winning, after all it's Japan! I wish the same would happen in IndyCar, maybe the situation there would be better that way.

It's not his problem, European tracks owners do not want to pay the bills and want some "advantages" because they think they have some historic value ... besides, why not bring F1 to other continents and help people discover it ? Why do people feel that F1 is European for Europeans and should stay in Europ ? Anyway, those who pay enough get their grand prix, he is not going to ruin FOM just to keep F1 in Europ :p
What is this Europ? A place in Afric?

Regardless of not wanting to pay the bills, they will end up paying them if a race is going to happen there.
But there are popular-historic tracks, even though not classic style as they are modernized now, that will attract more interest for the drivers and the fans, as well as viewership/physical attendance, since these tracks have already gained a culture among the population and are genuinely relevant to racing.

I'm not against F1 discovering new places anywhere in the world and building a fan base there as well, but most the time they will end up as one time experiments as the track is not interesting enough or everything seems out of place. For example Baku seemed exciting at first, but after the race it felt the experiment of this new place in specific didn't work as initially expected.

On the contrary it did very well. It attracted good ticket sales (even for a debut) and provided a great event hub for the city over the weekend.

The track was not good and to a tv audience it wasn't good but a track is not interested in the tv audience. It needs high ticket sales and the baku grand prix weekend was a leading example of how to put on a spectacle throughout the weekend, not just F1 orientated to draw in fans and casual watchers alike.

You see these classic tracks and we all love the layouts and the history but they aren't a part of the nearest settlement, they are miles away from the nearest big town or city. They are very self absorbed events, about F1, for F1. This is is not the way forward economically for circuit owners. You need to offer constant excitement with extra events in the mornings and evenings. Random events in the city centre nearby to draw in more people, after all it's only round the corner. It's about making it interesting to not just F1 fans and then making it accessible on a whim.

(I'm not defending it. I also wish the layout was much better but just making the point that the weekend was exactly what the future is)

On the contrary it did very well. It attracted good ticket sales (even for a debut) and provided a great event hub for the city over the weekend.

The track was not good and to a tv audience it wasn't good but a track is not interested in the tv audience. It needs high ticket sales and the baku grand prix weekend was a leading example of how to put on a spectacle throughout the weekend, not just F1 orientated to draw in fans and casual watchers alike.

You see these classic tracks and we all love the layouts and the history but they aren't a part of the nearest settlement, they are miles away from the nearest big town or city. They are very self absorbed events, about F1, for F1. This is is not the way forward economically for circuit owners. You need to offer constant excitement with extra events in the mornings and evenings. Random events in the city centre nearby to draw in more people, after all it's only round the corner. It's about making it interesting to not just F1 fans and then making it accessible on a whim.

(I'm not defending it. I also wish the layout was much better but just making the point that the weekend was exactly what the future is)
I understand your point, for the race weekend to be for both F1 drivers and for people present there. But that's how it is, the better circuits may not be close or very close to the big cities, but then we don't want the calendar to be made of many Monaco and Baku types. Then you win on one side but lose on the other. (personally I much prefer Monaco to other layouts of in-city circuits) Still I don't mind having one or two examples of these, especially if they aren't too close together on the calendar.

I'm happy that made you feel smart ;)
Despite your cheeky smile, you're not prepared to be answered back to your frequent sarcastic and insulting comments.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back