Ecclestone's Mother-in-Law Reportedly Kidnapped in Brazil

I hate one side news....take a look at how Bernie has lived his life and how he abuses money and power to buy his way out of every law suit he encountered. Involving with such people is as bad as being them, and sooner or later you will pay for it, especially when you go prancing your wealth in a poor and violent country where people are desperate and are being forced to move for the rich man's Olympic Games....
But no coverage for them....no just poor Bernie Ecclestone and his poor family.
And calling me disgusting is real real bad judgement, you don't see the other side of this story, you are one blind man. Of course I don't want that woman to get hurt, but getting involved with dirty people will get you nicked sooner or later....and now don't come shouting Bernie is a nice man.
By the way, if he can pay his way out of everything, this shouldn't be an exception.
Wow. There's so much wrong with what you just said I'm honestly blown away.

Really sorry to hear this. Bernie may come over as kind of an asshole (I dont know him personally, so I cant really judge), but having a relative kidnapped is just really terrible, and I hope it will get over soon.

It was a joke, jesus.... i even like my mother in law alot...

Sense of humour of the moderator = 0 , and double standars also apply here judging by the rest of the comments.
I have a wicked sense of humour thank you very much :sneaky: :p
I understand you may have been joking and that's great and all, but in this instance such comments really are not necessary.

I hate one side news....take a look at how Bernie has lived his life and how he abuses money and power to buy his way out of every law suit he encountered.
What has that got to do with his poor mother in law?

Tell me, did RD cover the bribery law suit in 2014 concerning Bernie?
Pretty sure we did yes.

And why wasn't the unfortunate death of tv motorsport and eurosport presentator Peter Baert mentioned even when I gave notice of this to one of your staff members?
Because 99,99% of our readership has no idea who Peter Baert is, me included. So it's more news for a targeted Belgian audience, .be domain website. Besides that we are running a community forum here that lives of both staff and community contributions. You could have written an editorial piece yourself about this subject and if it's done professionally our staff could have promoted it as an article to the frontpage.

Whilst he's at it, maybe he could ask for Copa Montanna back too? Them things are wicked!

On a more serious note: Its shame the world we live in has all this going on, but it never has or never will be "perfect" :(

Last edited:
1) This poor woman hasn't deserve to be kidnaped. No one does. Ok, I maybe know a few. :D
2) Bernie, regardless of whatever you may say, hasn't done only bad things for F1. Feel free to Google it. You can Bing it too. :alien:
3) Sunny, mate, you need to be more like your nick - more sunny and less ...cloudlly. :)

1) This poor woman hasn't deserve to be kidnaped. No one does. Ok, I maybe know a few. :D
2) Bernie, regardless of whatever you may say, hasn't done only bad things for F1. Feel free to Google it. You can Bing it too. :alien:
3) Sunny, mate, you need to be more like your nick - more sunny and less ...cloudlly. :)
To be fair it's impressive how he kept F1 running in the same state (keeping its prestige, interest from people with money) during the 2008 crisis. The bad side is that he didn't use it to make F1 "better"

What has that got to do with his poor mother in law?

Pretty sure we did yes.

Because 99,99% of our readership has no idea who Peter Baert is, me included. So it's more news for a targeted Belgian audience, .be domain website. Besides that we are running a community forum here that lives of both staff and community contributions. You could have written an editorial piece yourself about this subject and if it's done professionally our staff could have promoted it as an article to the frontpage.
I sincerely apologize for messing up this thread and raging and ranting with no common sense. Not my nicest moment on RD I admit :redface:

Bit me in the ass this blunt remark, wow feel so stupid....truely foolish of me :(

<Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>
Got it. How ironic as I reported a racial and disrespectful matter the other day and now I was here doing sth similar in my act of rage. Feels so strange :cautious:

But what is her fault!?? She is involved with Bernie 'cause her daughter (that was 38 by the time) got married to him.
The way Bernie is, I don't think she get anything from him...
True, I was raging quite pointless. Apologies for that. My wife argued the same as you so you must have a point.

Just sayin.. conspiracy theory and all.. perhaps his Young Wife and mother-in-law are in on the gig to extort some of that cash away from Bernie.. Things aren't always what they seem. I've heard of crazier things happening.

Bernie brings this on himself...I'll save the RD mods some time and just say this:
<Mod Edit: Posts that are disrespectful and beyond reasonable taste have no place here at RD.>

Hope she comes out of it alright, Bernie may be a douche but that's not her fault and doesn't excuse the criminals. Also is this something we'll see more of what with the olympics or are the swat teams on standby for that one?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%