Dutch Grand Prix Returns to Zandvoort from 2020

i've been coming to Zandvoort to watch races as long as i can remember. I know it wont be a spectacular race due to the nature of the track but i bet it is gonna be the best attended GP on the calendar next year anyway. there's gonna be a orange army of fans out there like F1 has never seen before, it will be insane.

i've been coming to Zandvoort to watch races as long as i can remember. I know it wont be a spectacular race due to the nature of the track but i bet it is gonna be the best attended GP on the calendar next year anyway. there's gonna be a orange army of fans out there like F1 has never seen before, it will be insane.
supermakt groupies

Endless traffic jam, expensive tickets, a track totally unsuitable for F1.
It'll be a drivers parade and probably the most boring 'race' to come.
All the sand traps belong to Jos Verstappen (he practiced there), so that son of his must feel at home. What a joke.
You must hate our country very much... everything Dutch in Formula 1 is bad... Max, Jos and now... Zandvoort.

Zandvoort is one of the best tracks to drive, one of the worst to race (especially with high downforce openwheelers)

yeah mostly but who cares.
i thought they could addapt the track and freeze it in winter with a layer of ice/water and make a nieuwe elf steden tocht marathon, with klunnen and so, i am curious at the tarzan bocht how quick they can be, wouldn't it be a sight with all the unox advertising

It probably is not suited for current F1 cars, but let’s wait and see what happens. I personally like the idea of bringing back some history in F1 and having a GP in a country where there are a lot of F1 fans (not only for Max) instead of having GP’s in countries that have no ‘connection’ with F1 at all. The last F1 GP held in Zandvoort I don’t remember anything of, so let’s build some new memories.:)

It is what it is. I'm simply not a chauvinistic Dutchman.
That’s fine of course.

I think the proposed changes to the circuit could make it more interesting than most people may think. DRS zone will already start just after the Kumbo corner and the following Arie Luyendijk corner will become a banked corner (nice link to two time Indy 500 winner), so you can drive through this corner with DRS open, which should make overtaking easier at the end of the start/finish straight. I think we may see quite a few cars missing the Tarzan corner because of that, which just will add to the excitement.

I think the proposed changes to the circuit could make it more interesting than most people may think. DRS zone will already start just after the Kumbo corner and the following Arie Luyendijk corner will become a banked corner (nice link to two time Indy 500 winner), so you can drive through this corner with DRS open, which should make overtaking easier at the end of the start/finish straight. I think we may see quite a few cars missing the Tarzan corner because of that, which just will add to the excitement.
For you and the sake of exitement I hope so, but I (and many others) have a hard time believing it's going to happen. F1 is already 'rotten' the way it is right now.
They first have to make sure that the great racing will return (wheel to wheel, lap after lap). I don't think that the choice for Zandvoort improves the current situation.

Regarding the Verstappens: they both have a crashing reputation of which I'm not too enthousiastic about. Overall the Netherlands hasn't got such a great motorsport history (drivers, tracks) and Zandvoort isn't going to make the exception.

I thought Zandvoort is way too narrow for F1 standards. :unsure:
Apparently I was wrong. :cautious:

But it does look quite narrow in this video:
Although... maybe it's the cause cam have too much "fish eye" effect. :)

Guess they have to make it wider. A lot.

Thank f**k for Sergio's old Zandvoort. The old layout was great, the modern one not fantastic, but still at least a modern update in the traditional style.

I dread to think what the hell the awful F1 circus will do to it now, no doubt only to ditch it shortly after (as usual).

For you and the sake of exitement I hope so, but I (and many others) have a hard time believing it's going to happen. F1 is already 'rotten' the way it is right now.
They first have to make sure that the great racing will return (wheel to wheel, lap after lap). I don't think that the choice for Zandvoort improves the current situation.

Regarding the Verstappens: they both have a crashing reputation of which I'm not too enthousiastic about. Overall the Netherlands hasn't got such a great motorsport history (drivers, tracks) and Zandvoort isn't going to make the exception.
I agree with you on the wish of having great racing return. I think we all want that! But I don’t think the biggest issue there are the tracks, but all the regulations, cars and... the drivers. Yes, Max may crash more (except this year), but his driving style brings back at least some excitement and also some great racing. Watch some old GP’s when F1 was still exciting... battles between Schumacher and Hakkinen... Prost and Senna... Lauda and Hunt... I think we could have similar battles between Lewis, Max, Sebastian and Charles if they would drive equally performing cars and with less of these stupid rules. The tracks they would drive on, would not really matter.

About Dutch motorsport history. You don’t like both the Verstappens, and I can understand why. But, what about Jan Lammers (24 hours of Le Mans winner), Arie Luyendyk (2 times Indy 500 winner) and circuit Assen as a host of one of the best Moto GP events of the year... the Dutch TT.

Happy for the Dutch fans. I really like that track on Raceroom and am looking forward to "drive it" on ACC. Fun and challenging layout for simracing.

BUT… It's completely wrong for modern F1 cars, with their super efficient aero package that glues the cars to the ground. There's no place to pass, except maybe at the end of the start/finish line. So this could turn into another snooze inducing parade.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back