AC DRM Revival @ Riverside Int. Raceway Long - Fri 13Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks guys for having me too, glad I could race even with ping 300+ (nothing I can do about it except keeping it stable). The Carma is a beast and how cool it is to switch the turbo to 100% to overtake someone :D. The esses at Riverside are just fantastic, this track is so much fun to drive on.

EDIT: comments on the Carma? Hmm I cannot really say anything about the setup because I am a total ignorant, I lowered the rear wing a bit and checked the tire pressures with the Pro Tyre app. The car is definitely a gentle monster as it has a very gradual power oversteer, I could drive sideways on the final banked corner and be able to catch the car whenever it was about to lose it. I like the Ruf Yellowbird and the Shelby Cobra, the Carma seems easier to drive in comparison. Of course, being fast is another thing..

Last edited:
DRM Modding Team the race with your mod went great. Put the Group 5's on Riverside and it's a match made in heaven.

I don't know how tires were back then, but the tires start really falling off after 20 minutes of running. Your sounds, models and physics feel really good when compared to the original content of AC.

Last edited:
I echo Ted above ^^^

1) Fantastic race track: I've honestly not a single complaint. There was no irregularities and the only mistakes that happened were of my own doing (just once I got a little out of order passing lapped traffic on an off camber turn which only slowed me a second but would have made a difference at the end.)

2) Great set of cars: More than satisfied with the money spent for the download. For feedback, Bobby is there a certain thread or person to PM this about? Otherwise, please forward on this. I drove the Puriano 3H 2 and the car handled great, had realistic sounds and feeling, was very consistent and fun most importantly! My only question I have more than anything is within the setup. All of the settings like Diff Power, Alignment, Aero etc. were great, intuitive, and had noticeable impact on change. The one that I was confused on was the Anti-roll Bar. There was a massive range in NM min/max value and resolution steps that I never saw a noticeable difference when changing between extremes. I'm not a setup expert by any means, so maybe an explanation is all I need. Lastly, attached is my setup that I ran for the race. I did a 2 stop strat which allowed me to push hard the whole race making it more fun in my opinion (I love old school manual monsters). For future races, it's still early with these cars so whatever you decide I'm in! But I recommend maybe a single or dual car race, like an M1 only race at Hockenheim or Donnington old school style.

3) Thanks to all the lapped traffic moving out of the way, It is difficult for me to thank you mid turn with my mic setup.

4) Will be fun to continue with this series. Thomas Crump proved strategy wins over lap times. Maybe next time I'll do a 1 stop strat. the 1 versus 2 stop strat was extremely close which is fantastic for racing!

5) Very happy to be apart of RaceDept races. It's the only thing that justifies putting hours into Assetto. Otherwise, it's boring as hell by yourself on public servers. Thank you!

Attachments

• Puriano 2H 2 Race.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 192
Oh darn, one more thing to add to my obscenely long post...

Is it copyright issues that the cars name's in Assetto is something obscure? Like the BMW M1, why isn't it just named that? The Puriano 3H 2, what car even is this? I am not that familiar with these cars of this generation, so forgive me if the Assetto names mean something. But it was confusing when everyone was talking about which cars they were in when they mentioned the "in real life name" versus the "Assetto name".

@DRM Modding Team thank you for the cars tonight. They were a lot of fun tonight and top notch work :thumbsup:

My only comments are a few things which are universal across most of the cars I believe. The first thing is that I had noticed that adjusting the rear toe on Marod Aero didn't change anything and the camber is locked. This would be fine if all cars had this same limitation but driving the RMT 1N, I noticed I could change this as well as the rear camber.

The other thing I had noticed that is missing are damper settings. These are quite critical components for fine tuning setups. I don't know if the real cars were like this, I would assume so but if I'm wrong, please ignore this comment.

In terms of driving, the car feels too heavy. The RMT 1N is described as 900kg yet I have driven other cars with similar weight or heavier in fact yet they have more nimble steering. I might be completely wrong on this as driving the Kunos 935 Moby Dick had a similar feel.

Lastly, the tyres seemed to wear too quickly. Again, I'm not saying I know if the real ones did act in the same way or not but having to 2 stop in a 60 minute race seemed odd, especially when Kunos cars of the same era could virtually run on 1 set of tyres for whole race distance.

Aside from this, I loved the challenge of driving them tonight :) they're so much fun, look great and sound amazing. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication into making this mod. I hope my comments are fair and constructive and I apologise if my ignorance of the cars invalidate any comments I made.
Regardless if the cars are to drastically change or stay the same, we all enjoyed them and intend to run them again in future.

i look forward to future developments :thumbsup:

As a general note, I really do enjoy these cars. I can't speak too much on the setup front of things since I'm not all that knowledgeable on setups beyond gear ratios, tire pressures, and other more straightforward settings. Some of the cars (notably the Carma and the N1, maybe a few others I've forgotten about) felt incredibly "floaty" with default setups, at least. Not sure if that's intentional, but it's inconsistent across the pack. I was able to negate that effect by destroying spring rates.

Regarding tires, I was able to one stop and relatively comfortably do 30 (or slightly over) minute stints in both the Carma and the Yamamoto, with lap time differences of about 1-1.5 seconds a lap between new tires and completely worn ones in the Carma (though my raw pace isn't exactly astounding, so that may not count for much). After about 15 minutes, the tires to turn yellow at 60 (?) durability, and at the end of my 30 minute stint, they were down to 5-10, though the car was still very much drive-able to me. Granted, it is worth noting that I have only run on RIR, so I can't compare to other circuits with different tire demands.

Overall though, I really enjoyed the cars. Great to drive, and I had a lot of fun tonight.

Oh darn, one more thing to add to my obscenely long post...

Is it copyright issues that the cars name's in Assetto is something obscure? Like the BMW M1, why isn't it just named that? The Puriano 3H 2, what car even is this? I am not that familiar with these cars of this generation, so forgive me if the Assetto names mean something. But it was confusing when everyone was talking about which cars they were in when they mentioned the "in real life name" versus the "Assetto name".

It's for licensing reasons, yeah. With most mods, real names can be used. But to my understanding, since this is a paid mod and the developers are making a profit, real names can't be used without official permission of the brands.

In the bit of reading I did a few days back, I think the Ferrari 308 was actually unofficially nicknamed the Carma, but most, if not all, other names from the mod are simply made up.

And great finish Scott, by the way. I was much less calm than I may have appeared. I checked the times at the end, and if Brewer was 2 seconds slower or more over the entire hour race, we would have done another lap, and I can almost guarantee I would have lost 2nd place. Very close, but the stars really aligned for me on that one.

We hope you have an nice race tonight !
It would be great you can leave after the race a short feedback .

Thanks !
Dear DRM Modding Team

When I first got notice that you guys are bringing the DRM monsters to Assetto Corsa it was absolute clear to me that I'm going to get them, no matter what you'll charge ... so I did and added a beer on top.

There's not a single moment that I regret that decision. This Mod is absolutely awesome. The cars are modeled beautifully, the sound is amazing and the physics feel really natural. I dare to say this may easily be the best AC Mod ... ... ... ... ... ... in the world.

What I've noticed in this race is, and this is complaining on a very high level, that the backfire seems a bit off. It almost looks like the basic animation is quite long and then there's like a break until the next animation starts.

What's nagging me a bit are the horizontal windscreen wipers on some cars. Maybe add a visual option, like the lights and engine cover on the Lancia, to set them to vertical.

And if I may have a wish I'd ask for a shorter final drive option to take those amazing cars on hill climb tracks.

Thanks for this great Mod guys! I'm looking forward to many many more races with those beautiful cars.

Last edited:
Lastly, the tyres seemed to wear too quickly. Again, I'm not saying I know if the real ones did act in the same way or not but having to 2 stop in a 60 minute race seemed odd, especially when Kunos cars of the same era could virtually run on 1 set of tyres for whole race distance.
I don't know about the M1 but I was on a one-stop strategy with just about 1-1.5s off pace with worn tires.

Just to echo the feedback on these cars over a race distance for the DRM ppl. I drove the Carma 308 as I found it the most predictable of the tier 1 cars to hustle around this great track.
There is an odd torque steer kind of oscillation in the car at speed that is felt through the steering/front wheels. It feels floaty, a kind of yawing motion, as if it is moving around side to side on its suspension. Without damper adjustment you have to stiffen everything up to try and tame this wandering about, but to little effect.
The tyres, as noted by others, are deep in the red after about 20 minutes, though they still have a lot of grip to them.
I noticed in the Lancia and in the 308 ( and others) that the cockpit eyepoint is offset to the right - the wheel does not align with my own wheel and the dials and dash are askew. However, if you adjust the view in the horizontal plane for the cockpit then the dashcam view is misaligned as it remains in the default position.
The car handled 90% boost and redline shifts up and down without any bother; 100% boost on the back straight only brought up the flashing warning light with no adverse effects on engine performance over the race - but we were only on 15% damage I think.

My only comments are a few things which are universal across most of the cars I believe. The first thing is that I had noticed that adjusting the rear toe on Marod Aero didn't change anything and the camber is locked. This would be fine if all cars had this same limitation but driving the RMT 1N, I noticed I could change this as well as the rear camber.

The other thing I had noticed that is missing are damper settings. These are quite critical components for fine tuning setups. I don't know if the real cars were like this, I would assume so but if I'm wrong, please ignore this comment.

The Marod Aero (Capri) had a live rear axle making adjustment to rear toe and camber impractical. Most other cars had independent rear suspension allowing toe and camber adjustments.

The gas dampers used in GT and touring cars in this period were not adjustable. I don't know if the teams had a range of dampers to choose from. You would think if they had a range of springs they would have a range of dampers.

Does anyone have any idea which cars finished in the top 10 spots?

I thought I heard that Ferrari s bagged places 1 to 4.

Any vids of the race? Please share them ... I'd love to see these cars in action.

Last edited:
@DRM Modding Team
A little background; I run a historics leagues outside of RD, so I'd like to think I have quite a bit of experience in these cars (we just ran a series in the original rF DRM Revival mod back in the winter as well)...

It's a fact that this mod is my absolute favorite in AC and I do believe it has the potential to be one of my favorite mods period. I'll echo a few of the small graphical things others have already mentioned, but I won't list them as I do believe I read some of that sort of thing will be patched.

More importantly, the cars feel great. Love horsing these old monsters around a track (and RIR is lovely, thanks @LilSki!)

I drove the Puriano 1H 2 last night.
I'll echo the tire issues.
I'd think these cars should be able to run nearly an hour on a set. I seemed to get about 30 minutes out of them, but car started pushing as the wear became rather severe. I'd expect to see the wear I was seeing at around 30 minutes of racing, in more like 50-60 minutes of racing, but perhaps it is I that is wrong about this. I'll wait to see if you guys have any comments on the tire wear though.

I could probably get lengthy with this, but I'll not do that right now.

Suffice it to say that the money spent for this mod was worth every penny, and then some!
I'm having a ball in these cars and will continue to do so. They are true to life in so many ways that any small issues are simply more often than not, overlooked by me. When I'm having fun, that tends to happen.

The cars are believe, and provide the atmosphere (one of the most important aspects of a sim racing car, imo) that these cars were scary as hell, and were not meant for the faint of heart.

Your work is definitely appreciated by the "hardcore, die hards" amongst us.
This type of car, the type of racing that comes from them, it's a niche to be sure....but when it's possible to get a group of die hards together and properly race these things (without everyone just wanting "the fastest car") it's golden.
THANK YOU a ton for your work! It's brought new life to AC for me and I find myself going directly to AC suddenly. Essentially, I'm HOOKED! Plain and simple.

Cannot wait to race these things again! (Though, what I really want is an endurance series with these cars, 100% damage, 100% real as they can possibly be in sim world) I enjoy the racing here as it's laid back and relaxed and I don't always have to "work for it"...but by god, I love me some hardcore long stints until I'm suffering and begging for mercy! .....just my thing :)

Take care and I'll be watching for patches if they are to come at some point. (Those shaky side views are a bit too shaky :p)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea which cars finished in the top 10 spots?

I thought I heard that Ferrari s bagged places 1 to 4.

Well, I managed to stick the Puriano 1H 2 in P7 or P8 (can't remember now, it was one of the two) even after being rear ended 3 separate times and going off into the sand twice myself...so safe to say the car was at least competitive to some extent. Would be even more so if it wasn't for the straights. I was getting overpowered (obviously) on the straights but the car cornered well enough, even with lowered wings, to make up for that at times.

(Though, I'm under no illusions that the same would apply in a race where everyone was fully prepared and playing for keeps. Still though, with the right driver and right track, it stands a chance in the top 10)

I wanted to comment a little on the race, this event in general and a bit or two about the cars.

First off a HUUUUUUGE thank you to the guys who made this event happen!
Thanks for the DRM Revival modding team to make and release the mod!
Thanks to Kevin for his amazing Riverside mod track - it's one of the truly enjoyable and historically so important race tracks!
Thanks to RD management to now support organized events with paid mod content from third parties.

… and VERY, VERY MUCH a big thanks to the guys who fought and worked hard behind the scenes to make such events finally happen @ RD !!!

I absolutely love that we now again see events with truly interesting vehicles on RD. Not too long ago we would have believe that anything other than vanilla content, mostly even NON-DLC content was the only way to go for public events at RD.
The handful of passionate mods who have fought for this are to be thanked that we see and keep seeing such racing, so everyone keep coming, fill up those races (like today, almost a full house !!!) - I know I will.

Well, if @Allan Ramsbottom would not have tucked in the tail and @InsaneOzzie would not have cranked the old bones again it would have been a full house - we hope to see no sorry excuses the next time the Gr.5 Turbo monsters are rolling.

… which begs the question - WHEN and WHERE is the next Gr.5 race?

It was an awesome race today! (except having been run over by a RED FERRARI no less and then run over by the entire field, feeling a little bit used there and dropped from 4th to LAST not even having crossed the start line yet) This stubborn German though persevered and finished 5th after disaster stroke !!!
Congrats to Jeremy who had to slow down for a few laps not to upset the timing sheets too much, winning this thing!

The Cars:
It has been mentioned a few times that the tires behaved a little short lived from what we are generally used to.
It would be nice to have a comment from the makers about this.
With me too (Porsche 935 K3) tires were great for about 20 min and could be used driving carefully for about 30 - 35 min without issues (other than a 1-2 seconds lap time drop).
I planned from the start to do a 1 stop strategy as I tested the tires earlier on and knew how much fuel the Porsche would burn in an hour. This works beautifully.

What I have seen in long run test sessions in the telemetry data is that even though Assetto Corsa shows a remaining tire capacity of only ~ 5-10 % after a hard 30 min run of the Porsche 935 K3 at Riverside with full race fuel and running boost at 90-100% (at full damage in the test sessions) is that telemetry data shows still no less than 95% rubber grip level (on a test track starting at 98 - 100% grip no less).

The overall commenting and relying on the Kunos tire app or apps as ProTire is flawed here as I have said for a long time - telemetry data draws a different picture than relying on the remaining tire capacity app display.

Interesting it would be if we could get a comment or two from the DRM Revival mod makers regarding this there behavior. I found it at all times enjoyable to drive hard - a nice behavior from cold tires to warmed up tires with plenty of grip, tire wear after 5-8 hard laps, a plateau of tire behavior at around 8-10 laps and a steep drop off in tire grip levels (by feeling of the car through the esses) at around lap 16.

It has been mentioned a few times and also has been a topic in the race debrief that although some of the car models are not on the same high level that was never ever a concern during driving these cars hard in a race situation.
At Riverside today with these cars one has barely the time to manage fuel load calculations, pit strategy, gaps to front and back, managing tires, watching lap times, constantly adjust boost pressure to gain on opponents / hold back opponents and always keeping an eye on the temperature gauge to not overcook that engine all the while not mis-shifting or damaging the car while going sideways in braking zones and at full opposite lock out of hairpins.

Todays race was on so many levels just PURE JOY !!!

I was especially impressed by the new faces I have met for the first time in a race today and apart the unlucky mishap at the start which I think could not really have been avoided there was good and tight racing, everyone watched their mirrors, lapping cars was always nice and clean - great racing!
THAT's WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR AT RD !!!

Transmissions:
Some people commented they could downshift regardless of rev-matching or clutching - I never tried that (I always rev-match on downshifting in braking zones and only shift without clutch (lifting the throttle though) when upshifting in some places around the track - maybe with upcoming races we could run higher damage if we get larger grids to make watching temperatures and proper shifting technique more important ?

ARB settings on the Porsche 935 K3:
As mentioned by others, ARB settings in the setup no matter how extreme apart seem to have little or no effect.
I built a setup for the Porsche 935 K3 all week long and had it generally soft (also with soft ARBs) and only did a last minute change to all stiff ARBs during a tire test yesterday - I forgot about that ARB change and raced today with all stiff ARBs and don't recollect much of a change in car behavior, even though I clipped the curbs through the esses generally.
I did not check up with telemetry data regarding the ARB changes though (checking on chassis roll and individual suspension travel easily would reveal any misbehavior - have noted that check on a todo list).

3D model / textures / graphics:
Much has been stated already about this in various threads so I won't repeat it here.
There are two things though with the Porsche 935 K3 that really stand out during racing which I hope will get fast tracked in a fix of an upcoming patch with priority:

- see through textures / gap in window frame in Porsche 935 K3
- wrong aspect ratios in mirrors (not just the Porsche but many of the cars)

Strangely the wrong mirror aspect ratio I see often in mod cars of vehicles that have been converted rather than scratch build for Assetto Corsa - maybe Assetto Corsa handles mirrors differently than say rFactor 1?
In any case the mirror images are "squeezed / squashed" and it would be great to have those fixed as I use the mirrors A LOT ;-)

Backfire / flames:
Also has been mentioned a few times. I have to comment though that although the current "animation" of the flames seem not be ideal on all cars (the Porsche flame animation stands out negatively) I do absolutely like that the flames in this mod do look different from the usual recent AC mod cars.
I also find that on these Gr.5 cars the size of the flames are NOT TOO BIG as some people comment, but on some cars even rather too small ;-)
I like the animation of the fame's on some of the cars very much on others (like the '77 935 or the K3) not so much, but please, do not downsize the flames ;-)

Since the first time I have tried the mod on release day and even more so after todays race I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MOD !!!

Car naming:
The fantasy naming is fully understandable and I support the idea behind it.
I (and as I heard today I am not alone with that) am not a fan of the currently chosen names as they are simply far, far too confusing and some of them do not have an immediately visible relation to the cars.

Instead of the very cryptic current names how about some names that are easier to connect the cars to.
I find the Porsche naming especially confusing.

How about:
Zack Coupe (Zakspeed Capri) instead of "Marod Aero"
Rally B Monaco (Lancia Beta Montecarlo) instead of Lardo Mon!@#$% (see I forgot already what it's called)

OH YEAH!!! SPA!

Except it could be a Camel GT in the US ... these things are great at The Glen (classic), Road Atlanta, Road America.

I'd love to see a 10 race series.

I too was thinking another real American beauty like VIR, Road America or Sonoma (is there a nice Sonoma for AC ?) or Okayama for some really twisty action.

or, or Zaandvort ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back