AC DRM Revival @ Riverside Int. Raceway Long - Fri 13Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Does anyone have any idea which cars finished in the top 10 spots?

I thought I heard that Ferrari s bagged places 1 to 4.

Any vids of the race? Please share them ... I'd love to see these cars in action.

I'll send you a PM of the top 15 finishers since the results screen has lap times all over it.

As far as replays go, Assetto Corsa automatically saves the last few sessions you were in. From the main menu, go to the film reel button that says "Replay," then up at the top, "View Autosaved." The one for the race should be at the top or close to it (most recent session replays are at the top of the list), and it should be named something like "AC_bunch of numbers_R_the car you were driving_riverside_long.acreplay. Select that replay, hit the "Save Selected" button at the top, and then select the same replay from the main Replays window and hit "Load." Then you can rewatch the whole race from any perspective and any camera angle.

If you can't find the replay file, I'm sure I or someone else can send it to you (but you'll still have to load it the same way).

I'll send you a PM of the top 15 finishers since the results screen has lap times all over it.

As far as replays go, Assetto Corsa automatically saves the last few sessions you were in. From the main menu, go to the film reel button that says "Replay," then up at the top, "View Autosaved." The one for the race should be at the top or close to it (most recent session replays are at the top of the list), and it should be named something like "AC_bunch of numbers_R_the car you were driving_riverside_long.acreplay. Select that replay, hit the "Save Selected" button at the top, and then select the same replay from the main Replays window and hit "Load." Then you can rewatch the whole race from any perspective and any camera angle.

I was a little brain and bone weary after the race last night and forgot all about autosave. I'll have to give that a look.

Thank you very much for the screen shot. I didn't think of it until you sent it. That was very thoughtful and consistent with the attitude of everyone who participated in this race.

I was a little brain and bone weary after the race last night and forgot all about autosave. I'll have to give that a look.

Thank you very much for the screen shot. I didn't think of it until you sent it. That was very thoughtful and consistent with the attitude of everyone who participated in this race.
I have a drive by recording of the entire field 8 minutes into the race. ( I was spectator ).
As spectator the excitement quickly vanished since there where some substantial mayhem at race start that resulted in 4-5 cars pretty much got a 2 Kilometer head start :O_o:. after 8 minutes ( video ) the cars where spread all over this very fast and pretty long track -Not something you see every week here at RD :confused:.Of Course the speed difference on these cars also influenced this..

I have a drive by recording of the entire field 8 minutes into the race. ( I was spectator ).
As spectator the excitement quickly vanished since there where some substantial mayhem at race start that resulted in 4-5 cars pretty much got a 2 Kilometer head start :O_o:. after 8 minutes ( video ) the cars where spread all over this very fast and pretty long track -Not something you see every week here at RD :confused:.Of Course the speed difference on these cars also influenced this..
Holy crap, this gives it such a new aspect to view by. Never really noticed just how fast these are flying by until now. The audio quality is so much nicer too from outside the car.

if i am not mistaken the server uses sTracker, so if you can still logon and you have the pTracker app I think it should be possible to see the results/laptimes of past sessions (click on the "connected" icon on the ptracker app then click on the "remote stats" tab or something similar). On the practice server I remember checking the best lap times recorded on that server using ptracker. As ptracker/stracker allows setup sharing, we could also keep some base setups available through stracker in order to help those (like me :D) who are totally lost with setups and have a potentially more balanced field.

Yes race start was rather horrible. Probably one of the reasons is the turbo lag on these cars. Me, I was full throttle then I had to lift because a car in front of me was slower and when I went back on the gas revs were too low and nothing happened.. I should have used the clutch to rev up the engine but it all happened in a fraction of a second and of course this sudden slowdown probably created mayhem behind. I was able to slip through the carnage and was in the head group of 5 cars i think. As the race unfolded I managed to attack and overtake Thomas which was quite fun, little did I know he was on a 1 stop strategy and was light years ahead after my second stop. Overall the race was very clean, no issue with any other car. Yes with these cars the field can be pretty spread out, each car has a different personality and there's a learning curve. Still exhilarating to drive and race them.

Yes race start was rather horrible. Probably one of the reasons is the turbo lag on these cars. Me, I was full throttle then I had to lift because a car in front of me was slower and when I went back on the gas revs were too low and nothing happened.. I should have used the clutch to rev up the engine but it all happened in a fraction of a second and of course this sudden slowdown probably created mayhem behind. I was able to slip through the carnage and was in the head group of 5 cars i think. As the race unfolded I managed to attack and overtake Thomas which was quite fun, little did I know he was on a 1 stop strategy and was light years ahead after my second stop. Overall the race was very clean, no issue with any other car. Yes with these cars the field can be pretty spread out, each car has a different personality and there's a learning curve. Still exhilarating to drive and race them.
Agreed. I went back and watched the replay, and most everyone was struggling with the start. Turbos weren't spooled up, people were bogging down when trying to deal with wheelspin, people were spinning because of clutch kicking and turbos kicking in, etc. I did a few practice starts, so that helped me massively as I was able to make up a few spots and thus avoid most of the carnage.
I think a massive issue with that start and the race in general regarding cleanliness, so to speak, was that these cars are brand new, and people haven't had time to practice with them much and get comfortable, and I think many people also underestimated them.

Been gone since the race but one more comment if possible. First off, thanks for the mod and all the work and also to Kevin for this great track!!
1. I'm using VR with a fairly fast computer but with a Nvidia 980 video card. I have never really had a problem with freeze ups or anything else until this combination. It would happen once or twice every few laps. I turned off (or as low as possible) World detail and got rid of most other video adjustment but still got the freeze ups. I will be the first to say, I have no idea if it track, cars, VR, or computer or some random program running in background. So I thought I would just tell you in case it comes up again. It happened on practice with one car or race with several cars. I know that doesn't help much but at least one data point that might crop up again.
2. In VR I turn off most apps so it is as realistic as possible but one thing I noticed is that (In the Porsche H3-2) the big red and yellow lights on the dash which I belive are used to war on low fuel don't work. Not sure if that is on purpose or not but the AC warning is far up and to the left in VR and can't be seen with normal driving vision so it would really help if those worked.
3. Same is true for the Headlights if these cars actually had working lights. Usually I turn on the lights so I can see the dials better in VR but either they didn't work or the cars don't have them (sorry but I have no idea). If possible it would be nice to have dial backgrounds that make them more visible if no lights are available.

Finally, This is in no way critical comments!! Just a wish, but I really enjoyed driving these cars and they are terrific!! Thanks again for the cars (DRM modding team) and for the great track (@LilSki ) - some really great additions to AC.

I drove the Puriano 3H 2 and the car handled great, had realistic sounds and feeling, was very consistent and fun most importantly! My only question I have more than anything is within the setup. All of the settings like Diff Power, Alignment, Aero etc. were great, intuitive, and had noticeable impact on change. ... I'm not a setup expert by any means, so maybe an explanation is all I need. Lastly, attached is my setup that I ran for the race.

As one of the cars that you went past 3 times, thank you very much for your set ups. I count this as a great kindness to a new guy driving the same car. You were so much faster than I on the straights, you can bet I'll be going over this very hard!

Last edited:
Unfortunately i couldn't make this race, but i did a little practise with the mod.

By and large it retained the 'feel' of the rfactor version, and i drove this extensively through racing a season at TouringPro Series (4 wins from 7 races, still only 3rd in the championship!) and several championships at Race2Play and the yearly Historic LeMans event i run with some guys at RD. I enjoyed driving the Porsche a lot, but i still have issues getting a good feeling with the FFB in Assetto Corsa- something i've struggled with for a long time. I keep getting a 'floaty' sensation as described by someone else earlier, and i kind of wonder if it's my aging G27 at fault. (although it works fine in other sims) Does anyone else experience this weird sensation in AC? Once i get my controller setting sorted i'd be glad to offer some more detailed feedback, as i i drove and loved the DRM mod back in rf1. Well done to the DRM modding team!

Here's a little practise lap from Riverside in the Prosche:

Been gone since the race but one more comment if possible. First off, thanks for the mod and all the work and also to Kevin for this great track!!
1. I'm using VR with a fairly fast computer but with a Nvidia 980 video card. I have never really had a problem with freeze ups or anything else until this combination. It would happen once or twice every few laps. I turned off (or as low as possible) World detail and got rid of most other video adjustment but still got the freeze ups. I will be the first to say, I have no idea if it track, cars, VR, or computer or some random program running in background. So I thought I would just tell you in case it comes up again. It happened on practice with one car or race with several cars. I know that doesn't help much but at least one data point that might crop up again.
2. In VR I turn off most apps so it is as realistic as possible but one thing I noticed is that (In the Porsche H3-2) the big red and yellow lights on the dash which I belive are used to war on low fuel don't work. Not sure if that is on purpose or not but the AC warning is far up and to the left in VR and can't be seen with normal driving vision so it would really help if those worked.
3. Same is true for the Headlights if these cars actually had working lights. Usually I turn on the lights so I can see the dials better in VR but either they didn't work or the cars don't have them (sorry but I have no idea). If possible it would be nice to have dial backgrounds that make them more visible if no lights are available.

Finally, This is in no way critical comments!! Just a wish, but I really enjoyed driving these cars and they are terrific!! Thanks again for the cars (DRM modding team) and for the great track (@LilSki ) - some really great additions to AC.
Keith, to nail down the exact cause for the stutters you experience you can do this:
1) vary the cars and tracks in a test session and observe if you have the same issue with other cars and other tracks - it helps immensely if you use a complete field of a single car only to nail it down (which takes longer obviously

I had similar issues as you describe on my old, less powerful computer but had them exclusively with some of the badly ripped Russian mods (I always try to fill up full vintage grids and give the AI some of the cars that are otherwise not available).
Some of those Russian ripped cars would create stutters as you describe ever time I would run close to the pits - when I remove them from the race - no more stutters.

You might have an issue with a certain (or all) car of this mod.

I have to add that the moment I migrated to the new computer all those issues completely disappeared and everything is smooth as can be.

2) Install MSI Afterburner (and the included companion app Rivatuner)
Use the in game overlay of MSI AB / Rivatuner to observe FPS, CPU load, GPU load, …
The moment you experience one of those stutters, ALT+TAB out of Assetto Corsa into MSI AB and observe the plots of the recorded data - you should be able to pin point which component is affected / causing the stutters.

I really hope you can sort this out - the mod is really worth it as you have seen already ;-)

As one of the cars that you went past 3 times, thank you very much for your set ups. I count this as a great kindness to a new guy driving the same car. You were so much faster than I on the straights, you can bet I'll be going over this very hard!
Hey Ted, as you have seen there is ALWAYS a bunch of guys in the US club events who want nothing else but everyone having a great time. You will always get a helping hand around here and should you not see a setup posted by someone, just ask - people will always help out around here.

I found a good recipe to get a feeling of what lap times can be expected in a race is to use:
RSR Live Timing:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-live-timing.1362/

The service is free to use but just recently barely scraped by a shutdown as the costs of running the server and maintaining the site and weed out cheaters were just too high to stem by the operators.
… so I highly suggest for anyone justin RSR Livetiming to make a donation to the operators.
Info about the service and how to donate can be found on the official Kunos Assetto Corsa forum in the RSR live timing thread (also linked in the app download page here at Racedepartment)

Unfortunately i couldn't make this race, but i did a little practise with the mod.

By and large it retained the 'feel' of the rfactor version, and i drove this extensively through racing a season at TouringPro Series (4 wins from 7 races, still only 3rd in the championship!) and several championships at Race2Play and the yearly Historic LeMans event i run with some guys at RD. I enjoyed driving the Porsche a lot, but i still have issues getting a good feeling with the FFB in Assetto Corsa- something i've struggled with for a long time. I keep getting a 'floaty' sensation as described by someone else earlier, and i kind of wonder if it's my aging G27 at fault. (although it works fine in other sims) Does anyone else experience this weird sensation in AC? Once i get my controller setting sorted i'd be glad to offer some more detailed feedback, as i i drove and loved the DRM mod back in rf1. Well done to the DRM modding team!

Here's a little practise lap from Riverside in the Prosche:

I too feel that the DRM Revival mod cars have a different FFB feel to the steering.
I would not call it floaty - it feels to me like the car have a lot more steering rack than even some of the vintage Kunos cars and that tires and suspension in general are on the softer side leading to the cars "wallowing" a little more, being less scalpel precise.

As I only race the Porsche 935 K3 and race this car usually by roughly pointing the car in the general direction of travel with the steering but fine steering the car with the throttle, I completely live with that feeling and do not find it in any way negative.

Out of curiosity I just reinstalled Raceroom and tested the equivalent cars from Raceroom's Gr.5 DLC (I absolutely loved it back when it was released).
I was actually quite shocked how dated it feels compared to the DRM Revival mod cars in Assetto Corsa.

The Gr.5 cars in R3E have no road connection feel by comparison, no weight and momentum to the chassis, no well pronounced feeling of chassis movement and loading / unloading tires, …

The SOUNDS of the R3E Gr.5 cars though are on another level and remain simply the very best of the industry.
This experiment really surprised me as the R3E Gr.5 cars are not really THAT old - driving the R3E Gr.5 cars feels a little like driving a video game compared to the DRM Revival mod cars which feel really connected and "weighty" by comparison.
I really, really enjoy the feeling of these DRM Revival mod cars.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to give the @DRM Modding Team some feedback. I know they appreciate it. We will be using these babies again………….and again and again:D

Porsche-935-K3-cockpit.jpg

We are glad that you had so much fun in Riverside !!!

Here we kindly want to answer your questions and notes.

Anti Roll Bar:

The adjustment of the anti roll bar does not influence your performance

on riverside that much due to the layout with fast and long turns.
If you drive on small courses that ask for the mechanical grip, you'll

probably suspect the anti-roll bar adjustment feel much clearer.

Damper settings:

At the end of the 70´s you only the opportunity to adjust the preload

of the spring .
It was not possible to set the compression or rebound for low or high

speeds, that´s why we restrict the setup.

BMW 1N:

The weight was corrected from 900kg to 1145kg

tire app:

We think we can´t realy trust the Kunos tire app. We remember us that

Kunos APP signals the tire wear in red , when you reach 95% remaining

condition.
With 95% of remaining wear you are able to run the tires another 15 min

tire wear:

The original DRM tires were built to last for races between 27- 47

minutes.
At the end you were able to race with 3 sec slower laptimes.
We think we get it. And if you push every lap like a qualy lap, be sure

that you will have the harvest of your driving style...
We were able change the tire wear easily, but our philosophy after all

the tests is another.The ultra fast Riverside is maybe not a good

choice for this, just take Nürbugring GP/GT, MidOhio or equivalent

tracks with midrange top speed.
You will have a 45 min race, do you think you finish without pit stop?

The Puriano 3H - never

Carma -no way

RMT 1001 - yes you will see the finish line without pitstop ...
... and maybe with some other cars aswell, if you manage your tires.
We think everybody needs to check the tires on every track

individually.
There are huge differencies with the coefficients of friction on all

tracks and they influence the tire wear alot.
And don´t trust the app, trust your "butt" feeling.

Carma:

We will see if we can create a better feel for the steering

backfire:

will be corrected on the next update.

wiper:

If Kunos had finished their game, we would have a wiper button ingame ,

instead of a feature in the showroom that nobody uses.

Holes on the A-frame and ratios of the mirror are also noted and will

be fixed aswell.

So, stay tuned and thanks for the feedback...

Thanks for your feedback! It is very much appreciated by users of the mod to hear communication from the creators :thumbsup:

Damper settings:

At the end of the 70´s you only the opportunity to adjust the preload

of the spring .
It was not possible to set the compression or rebound for low or high

speeds, that´s why we restrict the setup.
I understand and respect your decision regarding dampers and although I love to tinker with setups a lot I quite like the more simple approach in setting up the DRM cars. This focusses progress in lap times more on DRIVING rather than WRENCHING ;-)

I also understand that limiting the setups in functionality keeps the mod cars more accessible to users and makes maintenance, trouble shooting for the creators easier (smaller window of extreme setup possibilities = less abuse of possible setup situations and less strange questions from users who try to experiment to the extreme rather then doing reasonable setup decisions).

I was never involved in touring and GT car racing in the 70's and 80's but from my understanding I would think that not just spring preloads with fixed spring rates and exclusively a single fixed valve air damper were available to the teams back then.
I would think at the least several spring rate options and of course differently valved air shock absorbers to match different spring rates and especially entirely different track characteristics were used (you don't run the same spring damper combinations on the Nordschleife and on the Norisring).

Maybe this could be an option for a future "suspension package update" to the mod once you guys have the time and energy to bite into this topic ?

tire app:

tire wear:

This mirrors exactly what I try to communicate for a long time to people who get confused by the Kunos tire app and % value shown and it's meaning.
Telemetry data always showed numbers where even deep red tires in low % values in Kunos tire app show well above 90% actual grip levels in telemetry.

Your numbers mentioned mirror exactly what I observed with the Porsche 935 K3 regarding grip levels and tire life.
A few of use during the race suspected that DRM tires were used in short sprint races and cannot be directly compared to ones that were used in endurance racing.

Maybe there will be at some point offered a second tire option for endurance racing in the races here and for leagues ?
I would kill for a series of 3h endurance racing with these monsters!

It would be great if the DRM Revival manual could be expanded with such topics - maybe an upcoming "DRM Revival SETUP BIBLE" with some stated data and facts from the time regarding technical aspects?

It's great you are already working on fixes ;)

I hope though that those fixes are NOT ready by the time we can have the next DRM Revival race at RD !!! :confused:

@Bobby Pennington , please tell us you are planning to outrun @DRM Modding Team with a date for the next race!

#ICan'tGetEnoughGroup5InMyLife

@ Kevin: Which post processing effect you use?
Have you set/test it as we recommended at the manual = "default"?

@dirk:
It is possible to change the spring rate and the ride height. You mean it is not enough? The values about the suspension in Hz with emtpy and fuel tank on different tracks are ok, so we have deactived the advanced the suspension.

enduraces tire: Yes, it would be a great idea, we will discussing it internally.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%