Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ...its' possible to command the analogue joystick,like this...tks

Attachments

• Immaeeeeegine.jpg
    Immaeeeeegine.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 136
Hello Wotever,
I've an issue with SimHub (V. 6.6.0 Beta2) and my arduino (nano clone). I wired a 74hc595 and one 7-segment for Gear, selected the right pins in the setup and loaded the generated sketch to the arduino via SimHub. The 7-segment doesn't light up also after starting the replay of my recorded game session. And Simhub doesn't also detect the arduino hardware. Now i don't know, which problem i have. Connection between SH and arduino? It whink my wiring is right, because if i power the arduino up, for a second the 7-segment lights up too, with random value.
Could you help me please? Or any other person, who had this problem too?
Thank you!

Hello Wotever,
I've an issue with SimHub (V. 6.6.0 Beta2) and my arduino (nano clone). I wired a 74hc595 and one 7-segment for Gear, selected the right pins in the setup and loaded the generated sketch to the arduino via SimHub. The 7-segment doesn't light up also after starting the replay of my recorded game session. And Simhub doesn't also detect the arduino hardware. Now i don't know, which problem i have. Connection between SH and arduino? It whink my wiring is right, because if i power the arduino up, for a second the 7-segment lights up too, with random value.
Could you help me please? Or any other person, who had this problem too?
Thank you!
If simhub can't detect your arduino anymore it probably means something is wrong on the hardware, maybe a short or something like that. Are you still able to upload ?

Please, assetto corsa competizione.... Please, please, please
I got an issue report, i've not investigated in details yet, but from my tests everything was fine on ACC. did you had any issues with ACC ? Please take into consideration that ACC is in early access and still gives very few data even on the last early access release.

I still have a question about the custom protocol. It does not seem to work for me.
I filled out the standard:
format([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SpeedKmh],'0') + ';' + isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Gear],'N')
but to no avail. It does not write back to the system log. When I re-initialize the arduino this is printed:
INFO Starting Arduino in Multiple USB mode, devices configured :
{"CustomProtocol":{"Expression":null},"deviceName":"SimHub Dash","displayModules":0,"readButtons":false,"disabled":false,"RgbLeds":0,"Motors":0,"speedLevel":10}
INFO Found one device on COM4 named {
"ConnectedModel": "j",
"Features": "GNJPX",
"DeviceName": "SimHub Dash",
"PortName": "COM4",
"HasBoost": 0,
"HasSpeedo": 0,
"IsBluetooth": false,
"HasTacho": 0,
"ExpandedFeatures": [
"mcutype",
"Gear"
],
"MaxAheadDatagrams": 0,
"DatagramMaxLength": 0,
"MCUModel": "ATmega328P",
"ReceivedDatagramsCount": 0
}

I still have a question about the custom protocol. It does not seem to work for me.
I filled out the standard:
format([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SpeedKmh],'0') + ';' + isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.Gear],'N')
but to no avail. It does not write back to the system log. When I re-initialize the arduino this is printed:
INFO Starting Arduino in Multiple USB mode, devices configured :
{"CustomProtocol":{"Expression":null},"deviceName":"SimHub Dash","displayModules":0,"readButtons":false,"disabled":false,"RgbLeds":0,"Motors":0,"speedLevel":10}
INFO Found one device on COM4 named {
"ConnectedModel": "j",
"Features": "GNJPX",
"DeviceName": "SimHub Dash",
"PortName": "COM4",
"HasBoost": 0,
"HasSpeedo": 0,
"IsBluetooth": false,
"HasTacho": 0,
"ExpandedFeatures": [
"mcutype",
"Gear"
],
"MaxAheadDatagrams": 0,
"DatagramMaxLength": 0,
"MCUModel": "ATmega328P",
"ReceivedDatagramsCount": 0
}
Did you clicked "apply" just below the settings ? Arduino needs to be reinitialised to take it into account.

If simhub can't detect your arduino anymore it probably means something is wrong on the hardware, maybe a short or something like that. Are you still able to upload ?
Thanks for your fast replay. Yes, after i reinstalled the bootloader on the board i can upload my own sketches. With my test sketch for the 7-segment output (just a count from zero to nine) it runs. But after trying to upload your sketch via SH it does not work. I installed the bootloader with arduino version 1.8.5. And SimHub delivers an older version of arduino. Could this be a reason?
For information: SH tries to connect to the serial port and recieves a "hello" every couple of seconds...

Thanks for your fast replay. Yes, after i reinstalled the bootloader on the board i can upload my own sketches. With my test sketch for the 7-segment output (just a count from zero to nine) it runs. But after trying to upload your sketch via SH it does not work. I installed the bootloader with arduino version 1.8.5. And SimHub delivers an older version of arduino. Could this be a reason?
For information: SH tries to connect to the serial port and recieves a "hello" every couple of seconds...
I don't think it's related to the arduino version, I just keep it because changing the version would mean test back every single device and device combo again which is a mad task. But I've been using this arduino IDE with any arduino I had in hand for years with no troubles.

Could you start by update to the latest stable simhub version first, then, just to check that upload works, try to upload the sketch with nothing configured so we can ensure that it can connect in this condition. Could you also show me the pinout you are using ? Make sure to avoid using D0 and D1 (labelled TX/RX on the board) which are also used by usb communication, it would work with a standalone test sketch but would interfere with simhub communication.

I got an issue report, i've not investigated in details yet, but from my tests everything was fine on ACC. did you had any issues with ACC ? Please take into consideration that ACC is in early access and still gives very few data even on the last early access release.
I thought with the new release 0.4 you had acces to the rest of data. Position, time, tyres, car name, etc...

I thought with the new release 0.4 you had acces to the rest of data. Position, time, tyres, car name, etc...
No, it's the broadcasting SDK, it's a little different, it's dedicated to broadcasting, and I've tried it even if it could give more advanced data it can't hold high speed refreshs and crash instantly when configured at 60FPS.

Hello Wotever,
as recommended i updated to version 6.6.5 and tried to upload again. So it's the same thing :( ... doesn't run. To connect the 74hc595 i use Pins 2,3,4 (D2,D3,D4). How can i upload a screenshot here? Would show you the window. Does it be related to the unlicensed SH version i have?
I am desperate, the simplest Gear Indicator seems not to work on my computer.

Hello Wotever,
as recommended i updated to version 6.6.5 and tried to upload again. So it's the same thing :( ... doesn't run. To connect the 74hc595 i use Pins 2,3,4 (D2,D3,D4). How can i upload a screenshot here? Would show you the window. Does it be related to the unlicensed SH version i have?
do you create this circuit...the 74hc595 dont work alone whitout power

SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash

Hello Wotever,

No no licence does not matter, have you tried to test like I suggested with nothing enabled in the setup tool in order to check Arduino can connect ?
You should see it here
upload_2018-12-15_11-29-8.png

Also take care sketch is made for common cathode 7 segment, maybe yours is a common anode ? : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/page-151#post-2716446

For a screenshot a simple copy/paste will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes