Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wotever,

Any news about the old DK motors shield bug? My motors are running at like 30% of the speed I get on Shake It.

Thank you
Hi !

I'm still unsure why, I've compared voltages on boths ShakeIt and Simhub everything is the same,
The only difference is the suggested wiring, in the original ShakeIt I was suggesting to get the motor ground to the center pin (common ground) where in Simhub doc I suggest using the +/- dedicated to a motor. I know this trick was giving some extra power but it was risky (only a little error in the wiring and you would get a short), that's why I removed this suggestion, however it's still possible to do it. Did you changed the wiring when you switched to Simhub ?

I made some additional tests this morning, by removing the "anti-humming" code I got some extra power. I made a version where it is disabled by default :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bljkly9nvfbx55/DisplayClientV2.rar?dl=0
Simply overwrite the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\DisplayClientV2 and reupload using the setup.

yes
not sure if its during the last stage of compilation. or actual upload

if i select only l298.
compile and upload fast.
if i select only motors
compile and upload also fast.
select one motor and l298, and if freezes, then crashes
Ok found it, indeed the l298 and DK shield combination was not compiling, here a fix :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3x1vlpwhyib2he/DisplayClientV2Fix.rar?dl=0

Edit : Take care to avoid the used DK shield pins : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield/faq#faq-12

Last edited:
Hi !

I'm still unsure why, I've compared voltages on boths ShakeIt and Simhub everything is the same,
The only difference is the suggested wiring, in the original ShakeIt I was suggesting to get the motor ground to the center pin (common ground) where in Simhub doc I suggest using the +/- dedicated to a motor. I know this trick was giving some extra power but it was risky (only a little error in the wiring and you would get a short), that's why I removed this suggestion, however it's still possible to do it. Did you changed the wiring when you switched to Simhub ?

I made some additional tests this morning, by removing the "anti-humming" code I got some extra power. I made a version where it is disabled by default :
Simply overwrite the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\DisplayClientV2 and reupload using the setup.

Thank you, it worked very well

Hi I'm making a wheel and I've got a nextion, and arduino nanos and teensy lc's.. I would like to also wire up buttons and rotary encoders. Is it possible to do this with a single arduino or teensy or will I need one for the nextion and one for the inputs? Thanks

Hi I'm making a wheel and I've got a nextion, and arduino nanos and teensy lc's.. I would like to also wire up buttons and rotary encoders. Is it possible to do this with a single arduino or teensy or will I need one for the nextion and one for the inputs? Thanks
Hi !
nano and teensie are not supported for nextion, I made a "bridge" for nextion supported on arduino micros (cheaper than teensies)
https://github.com/zegreatclan/Asse...splay#wiring-nextion-through-an-arduino-micro
The arduino micro has gamepad capacities and can support what you want. You can easily integrate your own logic in the sketch I give.

Hi !
nano and teensie are not supported for nextion, I made a "bridge" for nextion supported on arduino micros (cheaper than teensies)
https://github.com/zegreatclan/Asse...splay#wiring-nextion-through-an-arduino-micro
The arduino micro has gamepad capacities and can support what you want. You can easily integrate your own logic in the sketch I give.

Good morning dear Wotever. Where can I find a tutorial or how can I do a display for gears like the one I show you next? It's to put together my Rally cross board. I just need the gear display to work with your software. Thank you very much magician !!

Hi
I would like to ask where Simhub stores the settings.
I'm about to reinstall my windows and I don't want to set up my arduino LCD displays again from scratch.

Good morning dear Wotever. Where can I find a tutorial or how can I do a display for gears like the one I show you next? It's to put together my Rally cross board. I just need the gear display to work with your software. Thank you very much magician !!
In the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\DisplayClientV2 you will find a doc "74HC595 EXTERNAL GEAR INDICATOR SCHEMATICS.docx" describing this kind of display, however i've never made it myself so you will be on your own ;), you can enable it in simhub sketch steup tool like any other display.

Hi
I would like to ask where Simhub stores the settings.
I'm about to reinstall my windows and I don't want to set up my arduino LCD displays again from scratch.
They are all stored in "pluginsdata" folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\PluginsData), however the easiest way to backup it is to save the whole simhub folder, install it on the new machine and overwrite everything using your backup, only a few settings like current license won't be restored but it's by design make sure you still have it in you mailbox ;)

They are all stored in "pluginsdata" folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\PluginsData), however the easiest way to backup it is to save the whole simhub folder, install it on the new machine and overwrite everything using your backup, only a few settings like current license won't be restored but it's by design make sure you still have it in you mailbox ;)
Thank you for the quick answer. That makes it clear now. I thought there might be some data stored in the user documents or somewhere else, but this way is the best.
I have my license file saved, but I would gladly donate again if I lost it in the process. :)

Hello everybody !
Where I can find the 74HC595 EXTERNAL GEAR INDICATOR SCHEMATICS ?? What and where is the famous "package" ? I'm looking everywhere but any chance...
Thank you very much !!

YES!!!

i had the same.
decided to run my version one on shake it.
until my ver2 arrived,
version 2 runs well on simhub and ver1 runs well on shake it.

honestly, i still prefer them seperate, id pay my donation again for an upto date version of shake it
(auto game detect)
that reminds me,
i wanted to ask if its still possible on shake it, i wanted to build a ""shake it vibe system"" and give it away as a prize in our local Sim Championship, they would not understand simhub settings just to get vibes working.

oh, and that "wiring trick" doesnt work, ive tried that.

Karl

Hi !

In the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\DisplayClientV2 you will find a doc "74HC595 EXTERNAL GEAR INDICATOR SCHEMATICS.docx" describing this kind of display, however i've never made it myself so you will be on your own ;), you can enable it in simhub sketch steup tool like any other display.

Thank you very much. Dear wotever. I'll try to do it. What you see in the image, between the display and the arduino is a resistance? How do you see I do not understand much about electronics jejeje. However, I built my own RGB shiftligth and screen, thanks to your explanations and software !!. You are a genius and you have very good attention!
When you can, you have a tutorial, how to put together this eternal display of 7 segments, which for many will be silly, but for many, like me, no jejeje.
A great greeting! .-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play