Resource icon

Tracks Donington Park 2.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Btw, when exiting the pit on practice in a lazy way, by going over the other pits in a straight line the car shakes violently in a zone after the flag post to the right (tested with a low car like the DRM Capri). I think this was already present in the 1.xx. Is the cement completely uneven in there? Thanks!

The pit lane is on a slope and the garages are staggered. You can see it quite clearly in photos like this one...

IMG_1963.jpg

I guess the yellow markings are there for a reason :)

It was always my intention to make it a proper download, there were just a few things I needed to take care of which took ages to get round to.

Fortunately I managed to get that stuff done over the last couple of weekends, so here's v2.02 which will be an official download unless someone finds a serious problem with it before tomorrow evening...

Donington 2018 2.02

Please, make an official content download here @ RD, otherwise many will miss your updated version. Just found it by coincident. ;)

Brun updated Donington Park with a new update entry:

Donington Park 2018

Updated to 2018 spec

version 2.02

More model and texture updates and tweaks
Re-recorded AI lines for both layouts. Should be quicker than before, particularly on GP layout.

version 2.01 (beta)

Fixed missing LODs on grass

version 2.00 (beta)

Updated to represent Donington in 2018
Instals as a separate track so can be used without removing the 'vintage' version
Too many aesthetic improvements to list
Made penatlies more consistent with Kunos tracks. No penalties for running onto...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 197115

One of the best and most downloaded AC mod track. Well deserved @Brun! Thanks for your hard work.
upload_2019-2-18_9-16-31.png

Download numbers are screwed up on older mods. Back then download accelerators would make the count go nuts. I watched Bridgehampton download numbers go crazy one night going up by 100s in minutes. So on RD download numbers are not a valid metric.

• Deleted member 197115

May be, from my memory Donington was always at the top of the most downloaded list, old or new. I usually sort by number of downloads to find the most popular, worth downloading mods as rating is not as effective esp. if it's just a few reviews.

May be, from my memory Donington was always at the top of the most downloaded list, old or new. I usually sort by number of downloads to find the most popular, worth downloading mods as rating is not as effective esp. if it's just a few reviews.
Takes a while for a mod to make the top of the best rating list. IMO it's a better metric overall compared to DL numbers. Just because a mod say has 5 reviews at 5 stars doesn't mean it makes it to the front page. It compares number of ratings as well. Pretty much the first page sorted by rating is all the top tracks available for AC on RD. Maybe a few good ones on the 2nd page. Sorting by downloads Thomson Rd, Watkins glen, NJMP, Goodwood, LA Canyons, Bikernieki, etc are all past page 2. Poor Bikernieki is on page 5 and that is a very nice track.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Interesting, wasn't aware of that.
So how exactly the Rating sorting works as I can see 2 and 3 digits reviews tracks sharing the same page.
I know on amazon sorting by highest reviewed is worthless.

Forgot to report this small detail:

When quick racing with the DRM pack, some of the AI was entering the pit lane at the end of the first lap.
This was solved by copy+rename \ai\fast_lane.ai files to \data\ideal_line.ai (I remembered this tip LilSki gave on the paul_ricard support thread). You might consider this quick fix for enhanced offline racing.

Last edited:
The work is amazing, but causes some trouble by dropping FPS on pit straight and near old box entry even using Low Detail World setting in AC. There is so much details like people in that area that makes much complex and makes us have different reactions on some cars because of the drops, affecting consistency a lot. Another issue is the different cut criteria on the last 'S' of the full track. The car inside has much more advantage, and when we are being pushed outwards, side-by-side, we take a cut. The insider can cut, but not the outsider. Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.