DOF Reality P3 or H3 Clean Low Mod DD1 or DD2 Mount

I finally added a DD1 to my DOF Reality P3 rig. I procrastinated on it for longer than I should have because the only mounting options seemed to be to convert the entire front of the rig to aluminum channel or custom machine something.

I had already added the Extra Wheel Support https://dofreality.com/options/ so things were pretty solid, but the mounting plate still had some flex. Adding the DD1 to the existing plate didn't make sense. I also like the wheel at a decent angle and the depth of the existing plate would prevent much of any angle.

So I started looking. The Trak Racer mount looked to be the size of what I needed, but would obviously not drop in without some modifications. Fortunately the modifications were minor. Note: this setup requires NO modifications to the H3/P3 or DD1/DD2. If you are modding expensive things you are doing it wrong.

All you have to do is drill six holes for the mounting arm screws in the Trak Racer Mount. They appear to be spaced 135mm apart on the arms with 30mm between each arm with the Extra Wheel Support between the main mounting arms. DON'T FORGET, the H3/P3 arm mounting holes are not centered on the center line of the rig, at least they weren't when I got mine. Make sure you offset the holes you drill to center the mount. You can also use the old plate as a template.

I am very happy with the results. It has less flex than my CSW V2.5, even with the DD1 at full torque.

Attachments

• PXL_20220104_031947599.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220104_031947599.NIGHT.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 450
  • PXL_20220104_053449288.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220104_053449288.NIGHT.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 360
  • PXL_20220104_053458107.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220104_053458107.NIGHT.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 354
  • PXL_20220104_053853335.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220104_053853335.NIGHT.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 321
I forgot to mention, I did drill two additional holes, one on each side plate. This was because I wanted a bit more angle. It is not required, and based on your height and seat position, may be unnecessary.

Attachments

• PXL_20220104_053458107.NIGHT~2.jpg
    PXL_20220104_053458107.NIGHT~2.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 97

Attachments

• TR-FPWM2.jpg
    TR-FPWM2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 65
IMG_3067.jpg

Ha! I just came across this post - a bit late to be responding I know, but thought I'd mention I added the same Trak Racer DD wheel mount back around August of 2022 :thumbsup:

Just thought I would double check and it still seems to available at Trak Racer at the time of writing, current link being here - Interestingly mine looks different to the one advertised, was trying to figure out why then remembered them saying something about they are slighty different between the DD1 and DD2 models.. bit strange but it is def the Trak Racer mount I ordered!

This is a great first mod to do to the dof rigs though; to strengthen the wheelbase mounting area is very helpful, as flex can become quite noticable after a while - especially if you are rocking a heavier DD. I believe the newer dof reality rigs are much better these days, but its a good starting point if you do happen to have an older model.

As above, I went with the same Trak Racer mount as you which is a really good bit of kit (and was reasonably priced at the time from what I recall). I think there are some newer ones now, but this one does do the job very well and looks slick too.

I like the solution you've come up with in order to mount it - I went with a custom plate having got the measurements from the dofreality team and drafted up a design that allows for mounting the Trak Racer DD mount perfectly. I'd actually previously owned a Fanatec 2.5v wheel base before upgrading to the D2, and developed a plate for that one first, but took the oppertunity to make a new one when irt came to upgrading to a DD with the Trak Racer mount at the same time.

The plate diagrams/3D designs I used for the Trak Racer mount are here; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5452152 and the older 'mark 1' version for the 2.5 with various other fixings as per the original dofreality one, is saved here; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4800436
And if you arent a member already, and have a dofreality rig, then this Facebook group is a great place to go! DOFRealityBuilders

Anways! To get the angle I wanted I 3D printed some spacers as I couldnt quite get the angle I wanted using just the TR mount fixing sadly, but the spacers were super easy to print up, using some carbon fibre filament, which as well as being strong, always end up with a really nice finish.

But to echo what you say, the Trak Racer is a great solution and strengthened up the frontend of my H3 nicely (I've also built up a frame around the nose of my rig using alu extrusion, but thats another storey!) - but yeah I think it turned out to well, and reasonably cost effective as well. Have been using it ever since!!

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back