Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Yah!!!! Black actuators! I'm a D-Box user, but always keeping my eyes open for newer / better / different technology. However Sigma's silver actuators always put you in the "no" basket for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the black actuators. Is the control box black too?
Interesting and thanks for the feedback. We originally did a tumble finish to the actuators (the raw aluminum silver) as its most economical and environmentally friendly. But matte black has always been a top request. Controller box should match, will update more here soon. We've done a black one before with a more subtle front logo.

Out of the two anodized colors which one would you choose? Note that the motor will remain the same color or black body with the silver outline and top cap.

Other than that we need to compete in all aspects of the product design, the mechanical, electrical and software. Software or algorithms are the most conceptual and hardest to explain but I think its the glue that joins everything together and can be the make or break of any motion system.

Dbox makes some great systems, definitely a long time player in the industry. We've used them many years ago (10 years ago) before we had to design our our system to meet customer needs and demands. ;-)

Yah!!!! Black actuators! I'm a D-Box user, but always keeping my eyes open for newer / better / different technology. However Sigma's silver actuators always put you in the "no" basket for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the black actuators. Is the control box black too?
Controller will be black too with dark grey or Sigma red logo.

Interesting and thanks for the feedback. We originally did a tumble finish to the actuators (the raw aluminum silver) as its most economical and environmentally friendly. But matte black has always been a top request. Controller box should match, will update more here soon. We've done a black one before with a more subtle front logo.

Out of the two anodized colors which one would you choose? Note that the motor will remain the same color or black body with the silver outline and top cap.

Other than that we need to compete in all aspects of the product design, the mechanical, electrical and software. Software or algorithms are the most conceptual and hardest to explain but I think its the glue that joins everything together and can be the make or break of any motion system.

Dbox makes some great systems, definitely a long time player in the industry. We've used them many years ago (10 years ago) before we had to design our our system to meet customer needs and demands. ;-)
Personally I'd choose black, because my entire rig is black.

My previous rig was also black and had a D-Box, but it had red on the back of the monitors, which at the time may have opened up my mind to red actuators.

But the more I think about it, the more likely I would choose black actuators, because it matches the majority of the chassis' colour, and would still look good even if I changed my monitors.

But that's just me. Other users may want bright red or yellow actuators to make them stand out.

Note: Why will it still have a silver cap, instead of making the entire actuator black or red?

Personally I'd choose black, because my entire rig is black.

My previous rig was also black and had a D-Box, but it had red on the back of the monitors, which at the time may have opened up my mind to red actuators.

But the more I think about it, the more likely I would choose black actuators, because it matches the majority of the chassis' colour, and would still look good even if I changed my monitors.

But that's just me. Other users may want bright red or yellow actuators to make them stand out.

Note: Why will it still have a silver cap, instead of making the entire actuator black or red?
Color is a sticking point for many. This is true. Here at Sigma we are all engineers and hence our appeal to aesthetics is, well, secondary. :) Function is primary.

The cap is silver as its a specially cast aluminum heat sink from Teknic the motor supplier. We don't enclose the integrated motors as they need to be vented to dissipate heat. We could paint them, but that is also cost prohibitive. We always set out to lower the cost of entry into motion and add value on the mechanical/electrical performance and software algorithm side.

This is the NLR F-GT chassis, one of the more difficult rigs to mount our system too but also very popular. The challenge is that many of the chassis features are mounted to the outside of the side extrusion leaving very little room to attach the DK system (DK2+ in this case).

So you have three options, all of which have been used by our customers.

1) EASIEST and MOST TIME CONSUMING: move all the components forward (such as below) and reposition your seat between the 3 actuators. This will take at minimum 4-6 hours for most.

2) HARDER and MORE TIME CONSUMING: install the brackets on the frame and then drill through holes into the extrusion. This takes more time but negates the use of the brackets which take up more room on the limited side of the extrusion.

3) MORE EXPENSIVE and BETTER: Add more extrusion to the current extrusion and mount the DK2, DK2+ or DK6 to the additional frameset. This is more expensive as it requires additional extrusion and brackets but will give you a lot more mounting options and maintain the current setup of the chair, wheel uprights and pedal mount.

Attachments

• F-GT chassis.jpg
    F-GT chassis.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Perfect actuator placement for maximum pitch and roll. Would still advise putting in your measurements to get the best pitch/roll ratio, but this is well integrated.

Attachments

• Sabelt Seat OMP.jpg
    Sabelt Seat OMP.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 42
We had a lot of requests over the past few months for a DK bracket to accommodate the 160mm channel width extrusion from the likes of Sim-Lab P1X and Sabelt SPX cockpits.

This new bracket, only available for the DK2+ and DK6 will be shipping to those who waited and requested in the next couple of weeks. :)

photo_2024-01-22_12-07-46.jpg

photo_2024-01-22_12-11-31.jpg

Some people are asking for the amount of clearance with the new extended bracket on a DK2+. Just posting here for reference. Approximately 3.9".

1706731157486.png

Finally were able to full test our x-series (high mass) simulation product line this week and successfully loaded up 5000 lbs. on our old race trailer with a Mazda Miata loaded on top. The product shares similar mechanical, electrical and software design elements from our DK product line. The software algorithms are exactly the same, only changing the firmware to accommodate the much large integrated motors and mass.

The system is still running at half-power and no more than 3.5" of travel. Feeling great, just like our DK2, DK2+ and DK6 professional consumer line. :)

We had a lot of requests over the past few months for a DK bracket to accommodate the 160mm channel width extrusion from the likes of Sim-Lab P1X and Sabelt SPX cockpits.

This new bracket, only available for the DK2+ and DK6 will be shipping to those who waited and requested in the next couple of weeks. :)

View attachment 725413
View attachment 725412
In production and available in a couple of weeks in store.

Attachments

• photo_2024-02-08_17-53-20.jpg
    photo_2024-02-08_17-53-20.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back