Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Howdy ! You guys have seen me here - lurking, asking for extensive detail, and pressure-testing the Sigma team - for well over a year now. My first motion system was the Dbox 1.5” gen 3 system. I just upgraded to the Sigma DK6. It was the right time and the planets aligned (rally has been my genre of choice for a while, the Sigma HW has evolved, their software is more refined, and there is more comprehensive game support).

I can’t review the system yet because I haven’t owned it long enough to do a legit review. But I can say that this is one big, beefy, solid system. I have a pretty heavy rig (over 300lbs), and I am a heavier guy. That meant that in addition to making sure my 80-20 rig (thanks advanced sim racing!) was super-reinforced, I needed to make sure that any motion system I purchased could handle at least as much weight and stress as the dbox system. So far it’s a non-issue, and I am confident in what I am seeing and feeling. In fact, the increase in motion agility is putting the Kirkey metal seat that my Gseat is made of to the test. I need to break out the lubricant for the squeaks at the assembly points! Then again, maybe I will leave it be as those squeaks have an organic element to them, as if I were in a real car .

When I do comment, I will comment not only on how the motion system itself is working, but also how well it integrates with other systems to create a holistic experience (this includes gseat and belt, wind, and soundtrack based haptics).
Look forward to your review of our system. We are constantly evolving and so please go easy on us. lol :) Takes a lot of time and energy to create a market facing product... Applaud anyone who has tried or is doing this now in volume. Not easy. :-| Ultimately competition and criticism is good. Evolving.

Regarding the heft of the system. From the very beginning we knew that it didn't matter how good your telemetry is and how responsive your motors or algorithms are if the small nuances of motion are dampened or absorbed by the components holding the motion system to the rig. We actually tried various materials in R&D including, brass (these looked phenomenal) and Teflon/Delrin/PTFE leadscrews and various cups and brackets/foot designs.
prototype.jpg
Prototyping.jpg
We finally decided on milling the actuator and bracket from a solid piece of aluminum, billet. Same for the piston, solid steel. Hence why each DK6 actuator weighs 20 lbs. Not the cheapest thing to ship but it makes an excellent platform to build motion from. DK6 billet below. DK6X billet for commercial applications is about 75lbs per piece! This will move our full motion car/truck projects.

Billets.jpg

Not to worry. I am not there to critique. Rather to describe the experience.

I just spent some more time in Iracing (gt4 Mercedes since Daniel Morad says it drives like his real gt4). This system is giving me more information vs my old 1.5 system. I actually found myself tuning down my gseat and belt to blend them better - that is a good thing!

For DK settings, I am finding myself in the 8-10 range without smoothing.

For Iracing, I did find myself locking movement to the horizon rather than the car.

For Engine vibration, I am finding the DK system to be better than my old system, however, I still prefer soundtrack-based haptics transducers (the Clark synthesis are full frequency range - 15-17k hz). The reason is that they simply blend perfectly with what I am hearing in my headphones. That is not a ding, as it is general preference that is not motion system specific.

So no conclusions, just some observations along the way .

Not to worry. I am not there to critique. Rather to describe the experience.

I just spent some more time in Iracing (gt4 Mercedes since Daniel Morad says it drives like his real gt4). This system is giving me more information vs my old 1.5 system. I actually found myself tuning down my gseat and belt to blend them better - that is a good thing!

For DK settings, I am finding myself in the 8-10 range without smoothing.

For Iracing, I did find myself locking movement to the horizon rather than the car.

For Engine vibration, I am finding the DK system to be better than my old system, however, I still prefer soundtrack-based haptics transducers (the Clark synthesis are full frequency range - 15-17k hz). The reason is that they simply blend perfectly with what I am hearing in my headphones. That is not a ding, as it is general preference that is not motion system specific.

So no conclusions, just some observations along the way .
I was saying that light heartedly. No worries we can take it on the chin.

Will share with team thoughts with team. But you are right sound based engine vibrations do bode well with transducers as they are a perfect auditory match. Will sleep on it.

Cool. Note: To avoid any “issues” with haptics ultra-fans on this site, I am not talking about haptics for everything- it’s motion and gforces first for me. My use of haptics is limited to adding depth to engine vibration and other game sounds (co-driver, music, crowds, and other sounds) . It’s a very simple use case, and very distinct from people that are using transducer-haptics as a substitute for motion, g-forces, and other telemetry-based information.

Last edited:
Software Update: 2.2.154.3
August 31st, 2023

Just released our latest software update. Unfortunately, and this is just a one time thing, requires the manual uninstall of the old software and reinstalling the new software via our website: https://www.sigmaintegrale.com/pages/software-installation-1 (step 2)

Currently working on VR Motion Compensation without the need of an external sensor, and also more game support.

Some updates with this update are:
  • New Vibrations algorithm and sliders for enhanced road texture and suspension impacts.
  • The new Vibrations upgrade also significantly reduces rig walking over time.
  • New separate shift layer, as requested by the community.
  • Separate acceleration and deceleration tuning of the Pitch layer.
  • WRCG enhancement for turns.
1694184143266.png

1694184164916.png

Haptics should be significantly improved. The smoothing sliders are set to 1.5, which was the old software standard, settings these to 0.0 will give much harsher and more pronounced haptics.

Just putting this our there again. Although our systems come with a 3-year system warranty (only one in the industry) we also do have an upgrade program for customers who have purchased a DK2 or DK2+, allowing them to upgrade in the first 30-days of ownership for no additional cost, except for shipping. (https://www.sigmaintegrale.com/pages/dk-upgrade-program) Since post-purchase regret, that you should have gotten a bigger or longer stroke system, sucks. ;-)

1694698895576.png

Last edited:
Peter, you're going to have a lot of work coming up:

+ EA Sports WRC
+ Forza Motorsports 8
+ The Crew Motorfest
+ Le Mans Ultimate
+ Rennsport
+ GTR Revival

Personally, I have a preference for the first two.

Thank you for everything you do. You and your team.

Have a nice weekend!

Peter, you're going to have a lot of work coming up:

+ EA Sports WRC
+ Forza Motorsports 8
+ The Crew Motorfest
+ Le Mans Ultimate
+ Rennsport
+ GTR Revival

Personally, I have a preference for the first two.

Thank you for everything you do. You and your team.

Have a nice weekend!
Indeed. We also have a great community of Sigma testers that have helped us out with our last release. So we are looking to greatly speed up our delivery of new additions. Working on a way to do it effectively... we have a great way to do it by separating out the software/firmware updates from game additions. Working on it!

This is a Special Project we did in 2018 for a company in Boston. The simulator sits on the 30th floor, executives RIGHT below this, and we just upgraded it to BeamNG. Previously running Assetto Corsa... We lower the settings, specially the travel, as the 10" of travel front and back oscillates the entire floor making the lighting fixtures in the executive offices below gently 'sway' lol. (A structural engineer has approved this, no worries)... Anyways just wanted to share. This is where DK DNA comes from.

Oh one other interesting fact is because the suspension has so much travel, the vehicle tends to crab walk quite a lot, as no system is in perfect balance. We devised a clever way to prevent crab walking. The rear of the vehicle is a trailing arm design with multi-link arms and the front is a typical unequal length double wishbone. We made custom wheel cups for the back and secured them to the floor using 3M VHB tape and the front plates are running on a custom Teflon cup that slips nicely on the newly laid floor. Again just sharing for fun ;-)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 18.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%